Derek Carr, Saints QB

Shop 49ers game tickets

Always made the most sense for him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

David Carr lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Seems like Carr chose to be in a division where he would have less pressure and pretty much no star QB's that could own the NFC South. In the AFC he'd have to go up against Josh Allen twice a year and maybe even in the playoffs.
I didn't think he'd go to the Jets.....he's kinda soft and that market would tear him up.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
I didn't think he'd go to the Jets.....he's kinda soft and that market would tear him up.

Well the Jets were one of his top choices before New Orleans.
I always thought of Carr as overrated. Dude had a stacked team and raider fans and even some of NINER TALK, were saying Jimmy < Carr during that time.

From what I saw, Carr couldn't hit the broad side of a barn under slight pressure. I guess we'll find out what he can do in a trash division.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Mar 6, 2023 at 9:07 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Seems like Carr chose to be in a division where he would have less pressure and pretty much no star QB's that could own the NFC South. In the AFC he'd have to go up against Josh Allen twice a year and maybe even in the playoffs.
I could be wrong since this is nearly 10 years ago but I think Dennis Allen was the head coach of the Raiders when Carr was selected by them. I'm guessing that's the main reason why he chose the Saints. Allen probably still believes in his old draft pick.
Well the Jets were one of his top choices before New Orleans.

I've heard that.....I just didn't believe there was any legit chance he would choose NY unless the Jets were gonna go full insane $.
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

David Carr lol

That's just Garafolo throwing an interception

4 years 150Mil
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
I could be wrong since this is nearly 10 years ago but I think Dennis Allen was the head coach of the Raiders when Carr was selected by them. I'm guessing that's the main reason why he chose the Saints. Allen probably still believes in his old draft pick.

This Bold is correct …
Originally posted by 49ers808:
4 years 150Mil

I'm on record saying Carr would get his bag and D Jones would also get his bag. Haven't seen this confirmed any link to the exact deets.

Winston also gonna be cut lol

CRABMAN AVAILABLE FOLKS

eat a W
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Mar 6, 2023 at 10:07 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
4 years 150Mil

I'm on record saying Carr would get his bag and D Jones would also get his bag. Haven't seen this confirmed any link to the exact deets.

Winston also gonna be cut lol

CRABMAN AVAILABLE FOLKS

eat a W

• dj43
4 years 150Mil

That makes him the 9th highest paid QB in the league.

Jimmy likes it.
Share 49ersWebzone