Why does anyone care ?
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Why does anyone care ?
Why did anyone care about Kaep
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Why does anyone care ?

Typical repressed racism that somehow showed itself in "KAEP HATES THE TROOPS".
Why does anyone care ?

Typical repressed racism that somehow showed itself in "KAEP HATES THE TROOPS".

Exactly. Racism is the reason why. Like, honestly, why would anyone care about someone sitting during the anthem?
I served for four years and currently work as a firefighter. I'm about as red-blooded American male as you can get. I don't give a s**t about whether or not someone chooses to sit, stand or kneel during the anthem, especially after the person gives his reason for doing so and explicitly states it has nothing to do with the troops.
I served for four years and currently work as a firefighter. I'm about as red-blooded American male as you can get. I don't give a s**t about whether or not someone chooses to sit, stand or kneel during the anthem, especially after the person gives his reason for doing so and explicitly states it has nothing to do with the troops.

Sounds reasonable to me.
Originally posted by English:

Sounds reasonable to me.

Same.
Originally posted by English:

Sounds reasonable to me.

Same.

I see people walking, talking, and ignoring the national anthem all the time. It only seems to be an issue if a person of color doesn't "honor" the anthem or the flag.

Now when I travel to other countries, most have there flag on display all over the place! They have true national pride, here we keep another flag in our back pocket and only fake national pride during the olympics or after a terrorist attack.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Feb 3, 2020 at 12:49 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I see people walking, talking, and ignoring the national anthem all the time. It only seems to be an issue if a person of color doesn't "honor" the anthem or the flag.

Now when I travel to other countries, most have there flag on display all over the place! They have true national pride, here we keep another flag in our back pocket and only fake national pride during the olympics or after a terrorist attack.

Not trying to have a race discussion but your point here holds water. Same video that shows Jay and B sitting also shows Aunt Phyllis and Uncle Steve also sitting and yet no fake outrage directed at Auntie and Unk.

I'm not saying but I'm just saying.

The NFL is basically the last bastion of hope in sports for the good ol' boys club. Baseball has been dominated by Latinos for a while, basketball has been a largely black sport for decades now. But while the majority of NFL players in the league are black, the "face" of the league has always been a white quarterback.

It's why the league still values mediocre white quarterbacks over just as good if not better black ones. Namath, Aikman, Montana, Young, Favre, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees are all retired or on the way out.

It's why the NFL is trying their hardest to make that kid from Cleveland into a star. The best young QBs in the game are black, and I think that's very scary for a lot of people, mainly south of the Mason-Dixon line.

This is just my opinion, I'm not a racist... but years of watching sports and hearing people's opinions has forced me to draw my own.
[ Edited by DaBeegDeek on Feb 3, 2020 at 3:34 PM ]
The NFL is basically the last bastion of hope in sports for the good ol' boys club. Baseball has been dominated by Latinos for a while, basketball has been a largely black sport for decades now. But while the majority of NFL players in the league are black, the "face" of the league has always been a white quarterback.

It's why the league still values mediocre white quarterbacks over just as good if not better black ones. Namath, Aikman, Montana, Young, Favre, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees are all retired or on the way out.

It's why the NFL is trying their hardest to make that kid from Cleveland into a star. The best young QBs in the game are black, and I think that's very scary for a lot of people, mainly south of the Mason-Dixon line.

This is just my opinion, I'm not a racist... but years of watching sports and hearing people's opinions has forced me to draw my own.

many ways you can view it through different lenses. and are allowed to. which is what makes this country and its flag so great.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
They might be sitting but they still have no issues cashing in their NFL checks.
Originally posted by jcs:
They might be sitting but they still have no issues cashing in their NFL checks.

There sitting.. on stacks of your money!

sounds good, but Hockey is the last "bastion of hope."

It's just pure racism.
Share 49ersWebzone