LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 203 users in the forums

Jay Z and Beyonce sit during National Anthem

Shop 49ers game tickets
The great thing about this country is we can chose to stand or not when the anthem is played. We aren't required by any laws to make public displays of our patriotism or religion. At least not yet.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Feb 7, 2020 at 11:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Jiks:
See we can't have a solid conversation because people can't do it without calling others kkk members or America haters. It's not helping anything. We should be able disagree without stupid diatribe but we cant.

Ok, I'll refrain from using it. But we can't just ignore fact that people let hate speak for them. And I clearly differentiate Americans and AmeriKKKans. If you get offended well, maybe you need to check yourself.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The great thing about this country is we can chose to stand or not when the anthem is played. We aren't required by any laws to make public displays of our patriotism or religion. At least not yet.

Exactly. I love this country. But people(media, society) like to force Patriotism.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by GoldBlooded:
See we can't have a solid conversation because people can't do it without calling others kkk members or America haters. It's not helping anything. We should be able disagree without stupid diatribe but we cant.

Ok, I'll refrain from using it. But we can't just ignore fact that people let hate speak for them. And I clearly differentiate Americans and AmeriKKKans. If you get offended well, maybe you need to check yourself.
It's just childish, that's all. Have a good day.
Kap decided to push his agenda while on the clock and representing his employer. Thats just stupid and he paid the price. And I will never get this argument that his kneeling was "respectful" and "its shows more respect than standing". I am certain that showing any kind of respect was the last thing on his mind when he hijacked his employers platform.

I don't really care one way of the other about Jay Z and Beyonce sitting. The optics of it all look terrible, but they are there on their own accord and can do whatever they want.

You have no argument so you call it childish. Fair. An eagle is an eagle..a donkey is a donkey. If you're not offended you're probably flying high. Good day.
  • Jiks

You have no argument so you call it childish. Fair. An eagle is an eagle..a donkey is a donkey. If you're not offended you're probably flying high. Good day.
Originally posted by floridaMan:
Kap decided to push his agenda while on the clock and representing his employer. Thats just stupid and he paid the price. And I will never get this argument that his kneeling was "respectful" and "its shows more respect than standing". I am certain that showing any kind of respect was the last thing on his mind when he hijacked his employers platform.

I don't really care one way of the other about Jay Z and Beyonce sitting. The optics of it all look terrible, but they are there on their own accord and can do whatever they want.

We kneel before God. That's respectful. Never stated it was more respectful than standing. Never heard anywhere else either. Kap didn't force or push his agenda at his work place. He kneeled. Didn't say a word. The media and fans like you made it about protesting. He was asked about it at his work place and he gave a perfect explanation. But people choose to ignore the message and make it about something else.

We kneel before God. That's respectful. Never stated it was more respectful than standing. Never heard anywhere else either. Kap didn't force or push his agenda at his work place. He kneeled. Didn't say a word. The media and fans like you made it about protesting. He was asked about it at his work place and he gave a perfect explanation. But people choose to ignore the message and make it about something else.

Sure he did. You are an obvious Kap apologist, I wouldn't expect you to hold him accountable for the bed he made. Whether you agree or not, it got him a quick exit out of the NFL. And the results of that speak louder than you blaming fans like me. The good news is now he can buy a ticket to the game and respectfully kneel for every anthem and won't get any slack from me.

Sure he did. You are an obvious Kap apologist, I wouldn't expect you to hold him accountable for the bed he made. Whether you agree or not, it got him a quick exit out of the NFL. And the results of that speak louder than you blaming fans like me. The good news is now he can buy a ticket to the game and respectfully kneel for every anthem and won't get any slack from me.

I'm about the people. I'm am about what's right. I see bullsh*t I call it. I don't follow others. I question everything. What is Kap accountable for? And why should I hold him accountable? His message was VERY clear. But still, people choose to avoid it and continue to make it about something else.....just like you. He lost his career because he stood up. He did so in a very peaceful, silent way yet people still aren't satisfied. Let the hate go and you'll see the beauty of all of this.

I'm about the people. I'm am about what's right. I see bullsh*t I call it. I don't follow others. I question everything. What is Kap accountable for? And why should I hold him accountable? His message was VERY clear. But still, people choose to avoid it and continue to make it about something else.....just like you. He lost his career because he stood up. He did so in a very peaceful, silent way yet people still aren't satisfied. Let the hate go and you'll see the beauty of all of this.

I thought about asking you what you think I am making his protest about, but after thinking about it, I don't care. We aren't going to agree. Have a good one.
  • dj43
This thread has pretty much-covered everything to do with NFL football. At this point, it is old ground that no longer has a constructive purpose. If anyone wants to talk about Kaepernick, there is a thread for that in the Parking Lot.
Share 49ersWebzone