There are 190 users in the forums

Jay Z and Beyonce sit during National Anthem

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
The NFL is basically the last bastion of hope in sports for the good ol' boys club. Baseball has been dominated by Latinos for a while, basketball has been a largely black sport for decades now. But while the majority of NFL players in the league are black, the "face" of the league has always been a white quarterback.

It's why the league still values mediocre white quarterbacks over just as good if not better black ones. Namath, Aikman, Montana, Young, Favre, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees are all retired or on the way out.

It's why the NFL is trying their hardest to make that kid from Cleveland into a star. The best young QBs in the game are black, and I think that's very scary for a lot of people, mainly south of the Mason-Dixon line.

This is just my opinion, I'm not a racist... but years of watching sports and hearing people's opinions has forced me to draw my own.

Baseball is almost 60% white, the best players in both leagues and pitchers are white, and you have to be all white to count toward that statistic.

The NFL is furiously propping up Watson, Mahomes, Wilson, the guy on the Ravens (can't think of his name right now).

Mayfield had a breakout rookie season and had an opportunity to turn the Browns into a cash cow. It's a business.

I think white folks just like to call everyone racist to make themselves look like saviors, when there are rather mundane explanations for everything. I mean, everything you said was literally...wrong.
  • Jiks
I used to care but I've grown out of it. I have read they didn't do it as a protest but regardless it's absolutely pointless anymore and is going to change absolutely nothing. It's cool for the attention though. Saving the world and all.
I feel at home you can probably sit, a moment of silence couldn't hurt. I feel like when you're at the actual game (provided you're not in a hallway not realizing what's going on). Maybe just stand and do the thing, everyone else is. Are you required to? no. But to take literaly half a minute pause out of your conversation that the other 80k people are doing to just pay some respect to your nation's national anthem and flag...not a tough thing to do.
I'm sure everyone pissed at Kap and Jay-Z are appalled by Adderall in Chief fidgeting a round pointing at people and fake conducting an orchestra.
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Why does anyone care ?
Why did anyone care about Kaep

Typical repressed racism that somehow showed itself in "KAEP HATES THE TROOPS".

Exactly. Racism is the reason why. Like, honestly, why would anyone care about someone sitting during the anthem?

Is this a serious question? A majority of people in this country look at the flag as a representation of people who have died for this country. So seeing an entitled millionaire athlete sit and kneel during the anthem to them is showing he's pissing on their graves. It's really not that hard to understand but I've noticed in these conversations that Kaep supporters and liberals have no understanding why people are upset. They chose the lazy "racism" accusation.

I have to admit, whenever I do argue with people over this topic, I notice that Kaep supporters seem to be the dumbest people on earth and one of the most closed minded. Just like the two guys above me have a combined 20 words and threw racism out multiple times. It's lazy and dishonest. You're unwillingness to understand why people are upset about what Kaep did is a reason why you don't get why people "care" why a dips**t like Kaep would kneel.

Id' suggest getting more educated on the topic before commenting.

Plus, this topic has been beaten to death. Protesting the Anthem is old news and was horribly ineffective. Hence the reason why the only people that do it now are ones that are looking for attention.
[ Edited by Snitch on Feb 6, 2020 at 7:45 AM ]
The NFL is basically the last bastion of hope in sports for the good ol' boys club. Baseball has been dominated by Latinos for a while, basketball has been a largely black sport for decades now. But while the majority of NFL players in the league are black, the "face" of the league has always been a white quarterback.

It's why the league still values mediocre white quarterbacks over just as good if not better black ones. Namath, Aikman, Montana, Young, Favre, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees are all retired or on the way out.

It's why the NFL is trying their hardest to make that kid from Cleveland into a star. The best young QBs in the game are black, and I think that's very scary for a lot of people, mainly south of the Mason-Dixon line.

This is just my opinion, I'm not a racist... but years of watching sports and hearing people's opinions has forced me to draw my own.

This is good and all but I have no idea how you got to this conclusion. The NFL seems to have no problem making Mahomes the poster boy of the league. Same with Russell Wilson and Lamar. They've been promoted by the league pretty well.

Seems to me like you took your own opinion and tried to say "this is how the NFL is".

Sorry, but it's 2020, nobody but a small amount of the population cares that somebody is black. That is just your skewed version of the world. Log off your political echo chambers and explore the country for real to base an opinion. Thanks.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by jcs:
They might be sitting but they still have no issues cashing in their NFL checks.

There sitting.. on stacks of your money!

This reminds me of the NBA. They've spent the last decade virtue signaling how they are the "woke" league, constantly chiming in on political issues almost non stop. Especially Lebron, Greg Popovich and Steve Kerr. The smugness and arrogance from these 3 specifically was neauseating.

Then came Hong Kong. The NBA had a chance to put there money where there mouth is and condemn Hong Kong for their severe human rights violations. And what did the three guys above do? They said nothing, because Hong Kong is a huge market for the NBA and they didn't want to hurt their wallets. Except Lebron who said "Morey is uninformed" and was ridiculed even more for such a stupid comment. So the NBA shoved their "wokeness" down everyone's throats for years but couldn't back up that b-lls**t when Hong Kong came along because they didn't want to lose money. You'll notice Lebron, Kerr and Popvich haven't ran their mouths about their poltics as much this year because now, everyone knows these guys were full of sh-t from the start.

In other words, you're right, they will take the money, because that's all these people care about.
Originally posted by Debryune:
sounds good, but Hockey is the last "bastion of hope."

It's just pure racism.

"Rasizm, rasizm"

Jesus, must suck to have such a pathetic outlook on the world. Sorry, but whitey isn't out to get the black man. It's 2020, not 1904. Time to grow up and stop acting like a victim.
I stood for the anthem.

Then again I was so amped up for that game I only sat down at halftime.

Who Cares?
damn this snitch guy is really angry. first women coaches now this. i hope he's gonna be okay.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Feb 6, 2020 at 2:55 PM ]
…. Crickets ….

Was a non-issue in 2014 (or whenever it started) and is a non-issue now.

Standing with your hand over your heart was never the standard procedure in 244 years of U.S. history, and is a piss poor measure of patriotism.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snitch:
Is this a serious question? A majority of people in this country look at the flag as a representation of people who have died for this country. So seeing an entitled millionaire athlete sit and kneel during the anthem to them is showing he's pissing on their graves. It's really not that hard to understand but I've noticed in these conversations that Kaep supporters and liberals have no understanding why people are upset. They chose the lazy "racism" accusation.

I have to admit, whenever I do argue with people over this topic, I notice that Kaep supporters seem to be the dumbest people on earth and one of the most closed minded. Just like the two guys above me have a combined 20 words and threw racism out multiple times. It's lazy and dishonest. You're unwillingness to understand why people are upset about what Kaep did is a reason why you don't get why people "care" why a dips**t like Kaep would kneel.

Id' suggest getting more educated on the topic before commenting.

Plus, this topic has been beaten to death. Protesting the Anthem is old news and was horribly ineffective. Hence the reason why the only people that do it now are ones that are looking for attention.

This is a chosen perception of kneeling. I don't ever recall a time before the anthem protest where kneeling was viewed as a disrespectful action one takes, yet some chose to see players kneeling during the anthem as such. If a man gets on one knee to pray, to pay respects at a grave site or to ask for your daughters hand in marriage do you see it as a sign of disrespect?

Kap started his protest by sitting but he quickly moved to kneeling after a conversation with an ex Green Beret. He asked him if there would be a better gesture than sitting and Nate Boyer suggested kneeling.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'D just ignore the couple... WHY let'em bother you ???

It's OBVIOUS THAT they want ATTENTION and when you all give it them, this exactly what happens..
Share 49ersWebzone