LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Jay Z and Beyonce sit during National Anthem

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jiks
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Snitch:
Is this a serious question? A majority of people in this country look at the flag as a representation of people who have died for this country. So seeing an entitled millionaire athlete sit and kneel during the anthem to them is showing he's pissing on their graves. It's really not that hard to understand but I've noticed in these conversations that Kaep supporters and liberals have no understanding why people are upset. They chose the lazy "racism" accusation.

I have to admit, whenever I do argue with people over this topic, I notice that Kaep supporters seem to be the dumbest people on earth and one of the most closed minded. Just like the two guys above me have a combined 20 words and threw racism out multiple times. It's lazy and dishonest. You're unwillingness to understand why people are upset about what Kaep did is a reason why you don't get why people "care" why a dips**t like Kaep would kneel.

Id' suggest getting more educated on the topic before commenting.

Plus, this topic has been beaten to death. Protesting the Anthem is old news and was horribly ineffective. Hence the reason why the only people that do it now are ones that are looking for attention.

This is a chosen perception of kneeling. I don't ever recall a time before the anthem protest where kneeling was viewed as a disrespectful action one takes, yet some chose to see players kneeling during the anthem as such. If a man gets on one knee to pray, to pay respects at a grave site or to ask for your daughters hand in marriage do you see it as a sign of disrespect?

Kap started his protest by sitting but he quickly moved to kneeling after a conversation with an ex Green Beret. He asked him if there would be a better gesture than sitting and Nate Boyer suggested kneeling.

As I said I couldn't care less anymore outside of a few post here or there but what I disagreed with was using the anthem as a protest piece not the kneeling. I see the anthem much different than others though. I see it as a moment we put all the stuff behind us and become unified as a nation regardless of a the crazy outside world. It's a moment of unity to me that has no gender, color, political affiliation, ect...

It bothered me for a bit but now, whatever. People can do whatever they want, it's a free country, which is another meaning to the anthem in my eyes. Just don't expect anyone to come rushing to get behind the cause when when they don't even take others into consideration.
I can't accept any of the b******t responses about the kneeling for the anthem after zero outrage from the "patriotic" conservatives out there. Here's an entitled "billionaire"* mocking the national anthem for no reason at all except his lack of respect and need for attention. He's protesting being a decent human being. If this was my son I would've disciplined his ass, but Trumplicans are like cult members and can spin anything in their head to avoid coming to terms with other people who think differently.

Yes this anger about kneeling is predominantly about race and you f**king know it. These threads should be locked up because there is no question what it all boils down to.
[ Edited by Youngone on Feb 7, 2020 at 7:28 AM ]
  • Jiks
Things like criminal justice reform, historic minority employment and alluding money to failing black colleges is a good thing.

But you know... Kneeling helps too.
[ Edited by Jiks on Feb 7, 2020 at 7:55 AM ]
Originally posted by TyCore:
Baseball is almost 60% white, the best players in both leagues and pitchers are white, and you have to be all white to count toward that statistic.

The NFL is furiously propping up Watson, Mahomes, Wilson, the guy on the Ravens (can't think of his name right now).

Mayfield had a breakout rookie season and had an opportunity to turn the Browns into a cash cow. It's a business.

I think white folks just like to call everyone racist to make themselves look like saviors, when there are rather mundane explanations for everything. I mean, everything you said was literally...wrong.

With baseball you need a field, equipment, and competent coaching in order to succeed. Basketball is the inner city sport because all you need is a ball and a hoop. With football, a helmet shoulder pads, cleats, forget about it. Can't afford these things in the inner cities.
Originally posted by Snitch:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Why does anyone care ?
Why did anyone care about Kaep

Typical repressed racism that somehow showed itself in "KAEP HATES THE TROOPS".

Exactly. Racism is the reason why. Like, honestly, why would anyone care about someone sitting during the anthem?

Is this a serious question? A majority of people in this country look at the flag as a representation of people who have died for this country. So seeing an entitled millionaire athlete sit and kneel during the anthem to them is showing he's pissing on their graves. It's really not that hard to understand but I've noticed in these conversations that Kaep supporters and liberals have no understanding why people are upset. They chose the lazy "racism" accusation.

I have to admit, whenever I do argue with people over this topic, I notice that Kaep supporters seem to be the dumbest people on earth and one of the most closed minded. Just like the two guys above me have a combined 20 words and threw racism out multiple times. It's lazy and dishonest. You're unwillingness to understand why people are upset about what Kaep did is a reason why you don't get why people "care" why a dips**t like Kaep would kneel.

Id' suggest getting more educated on the topic before commenting.

Plus, this topic has been beaten to death. Protesting the Anthem is old news and was horribly ineffective. Hence the reason why the only people that do it now are ones that are looking for attention.

Ha. Closed minded yet you're closed....minded.

Unwillingness to understand yet you're unwilling....to understand.

Suggesting that others get more educated...yet you're the one that needs to be educated.

The hypocrisy in your post is soo satisfying to many Americans. One sided people telling others to only understand their side. Hate in ones heart, stubbornness and pride makes them blind and one sided.

Let the hate go! Only in AmeriKKKa can a colored man receive soo much hate for doing something soo beautiful and soo peacefully. He's doing Gods work. But people want to copy and paste others, be gullible, follow narratives and trends instead of opening their minds(being independent thinkers) and letting go of hate.

AmeriKKKans value a piece of material and a song over a human race. That breaks my heart. AmeriKKKans would rather focus on the fact that Kap and others kneeled instead of WHY they kneeled. We kneel before God, we kneel to propose, we kneel to pray. Are those signs of disrespect as well? I guess so! Kap took advice from a respected Army Vet. Direct that same energy at him. But you wont because he looks similar to you.

A real American wouldn't force Patriotism. A real American will support something this powerful...they will support Kap for standing up by not standing. But there are too many AmeriKKKans that express their hate which takes all the attention from the true ones.

God bless.
[ Edited by GoldBlooded on Feb 7, 2020 at 10:31 AM ]
  • Jiks
Person A protest-"that's just beautiful!"

Person B protest- "you're so terrible"

Kind of a double standard by both sides I would say.
[ Edited by Jiks on Feb 7, 2020 at 10:09 AM ]
Originally posted by Jiks:
Person A protest-"that's just beautiful!"

Person B protest- "you're so terrible"

Kind of a double standard by both sides I would say.

At the end of the day this is about WHY Kap kneeled. But the story or attention is on the fact he disrespected the flag by kneeling . How about "we" as Americans seek to understand his reasoning instead of changing the subject/dodging/deflecting his reasoning.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by GoldBlooded:
At the end of the day this is about WHY Kap kneeled. But the story or attention is on the fact he disrespected the flag by kneeling . How about "we" as Americans seek to understand his reasoning instead of changing the subject/dodging/deflecting his reasoning.
I'm all for the cause but don't use something I cherish as a prop. If you want to include me show a little understanding on my reasoning as well. I understand not everyone's cherishes it like I do, but a little respect towards those like me would go a loooong way.

I'm not overly religious and I do see some bad things in religion. Now if I wanted religious people to pay attention to me the last thing I would do is use the Koran or Bible as protest piece. It would be counter productive.
[ Edited by Jiks on Feb 7, 2020 at 10:35 AM ]
I'm all for the cause but don't use something I cherish as a prop. If you want to include me show a little understanding on my reasoning as well. I understand not everyone's cherishes it like I do, but a little respect towards those like me would go a loooong way.

I'm not overly religious and I do see some bad things in religion. Now if I wanted religious people to pay attention to me the last thing I would do is use the Koran or Bible as protest piece. It would be counter productive.

What prop? You and others are making it about a prop, a flag, an anthem. That's following that narrative again. He literally just kneeled, silently and peacefully and wouldn't stand for something that he believes doesn't stand for people of color. But you and others are bothered? Why? Kneeling before God is disrespectful as well? Comparing the flag to a bible is disrespectful.
[ Edited by GoldBlooded on Feb 7, 2020 at 11:02 AM ]

I think you're guilty of following the media and others. If the headlines were "Kaepernick is fighting for equality and justice" things would just get swept under the rug and ignored as always. But headlines say "Kaepernick disrespects the flag!" And Amerikkkans are triggered and sending death threats. Be an independent thinker. Narratives are always changed.

• Jiks
What prop? He literally just kneeled, silently and peacefully. But you and others are bothered? Why? Kneeling before God is disrespectful as well? Comparing the flag to a bible is disrespectful.
As I said, the anthem to me is one of the very few moments we as a country are in solidarity. It has no color, sex, political affiliation, and at one time no divisiveness. That's my view but as I said others see it differently. It's special to me.

But this is a conversation I've had and it never goes anywhere. If people want to kneel or sit, good on them. I just hope they are doing more than that. Kaep and Jay Z do good thing so good on them but I will never faulter on my views of what the anthem means to me.
Just a reminder Kap only kneeled because he was coached up to do so. The controversy started with him sitting on his @.
  • Jiks
I think you're guilty of following the media and others. If the headlines were "Kaepernick is fighting for equality and justice" things would just get swept under the rug and ignored as always. But headlines say "Kaepernick disrespects the flag!" And Amerikkkans are triggered and sending death threats. Be an independent thinker. Narratives are always changed.
See we can't have a solid conversation because people can't do it without calling others kkk members or America haters. It's not helping anything. We should be able disagree without stupid diatribe but we cant.
[ Edited by Jiks on Feb 7, 2020 at 11:09 AM ]
As I said, the anthem to me is one of the very few moments we as a country are in solidarity. It has no color, sex, political affiliation, and at one time no divisiveness. That's my view but as I said others see it differently. It's special to me.

But this is a conversation I've had and it never goes anywhere. If people want to kneel or sit, good on them. I just hope they are doing more than that. Kaep and Jay Z do good thing so good on them but I will never faulter on my views of what the anthem means to me.

Anthem/Flag>People of color

The anthem is sketchy anyways. Especially the original. This conversation probably goes nowhere because your mind and heart goes no where. They remain stubborn and too prideful. I'm a proud American but I allow my mind to be open and my heart To be hateless. People of color go through soo much but we're over b*tching about another American kneeling instead of addressing WHY he's kneeling. We're backwards. Priorities, values, beliefs all backwards.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Just a reminder Kap only kneeled because he was coached up to do so. The controversy started with him sitting on his @.

He sought advice from a real American because he wanted to do this the right way in a respectful manner. Sitting still isn't a sign of disrespect. No one should ever stand up(just because) for something that doesn't stand up for you.
Share 49ersWebzone