LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Criteria of a "#1" WR

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jerry Rice mentality, hands, route running, TOs body, Randy Moss Speed, jumping ability, Anquan Boldins toughness and blocking, all combined, give me 1 of them please.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by Krampus49:
Shoot we don't even have a number 2 reciever

I disagree, Goodwin and Pettis to me are considered very good number 2s, you add anyone from that list for number 1s and their stats will go up just of the fact the field would open up so much with a number 1 and Kittle, that's why I think AB in this offense would make it top 5

How can you say a guy who has played 12 career games (half of which starts) and a guy who misses an average of 5 games a season are "very good number 2s?"
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Mar 7, 2019 at 4:22 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I disagree, Goodwin and Pettis to me are considered very good number 2s, you add anyone from that list for number 1s and their stats will go up just of the fact the field would open up so much with a number 1 and Kittle, that's why I think AB in this offense would make it top 5

How can you say a guy who has played 12 career games (half of which starts) and a guy who misses an average of 5 games a season are "very good number 2s?"

I feel like Pettis is going to be a very good number 2 and Goodwin when healthy and given the opportunity has shown he's a nice WR..I think a lot will agree but obviously not you 🤷🏻‍♂️

I feel like Pettis is going to be a very good number 2 and Goodwin when healthy and given the opportunity has shown he's a nice WR..I think a lot will agree but obviously not you 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think Pettis is going to be a good #2 as well. But you declaring him that now is not something I can get behind. He has not proven that he is already a "very good #2" like you claim. I like Pettis a lot. But he needs to prove something before we anoint him.

Goodwin as a "very good #2" I find to be absolutely ridiculous though. He has had one fully healthy season in 6 years. Hope he can put it together and stay on the field. But to count on him as a very good #2 right now is crazy IMO.

You say a lot will agree.....I dont know that anyone will agree. Both could prove to become very good #2s, but they absolutely are not at this very minute.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Mar 7, 2019 at 5:40 PM ]
Can play every receiver position, demands double teams or gameplanning around him, reliable hands, shows up every game or makes an impact every game.
Jerry Rice mentality, hands, route running, TOs body, Randy Moss Speed, jumping ability, Anquan Boldins toughness and blocking, all combined, give me 1 of them please.

have you tried create a player on Madden?
Big, strong, fast, quick, sudden, explosive, great hands, runs great routes and is productive.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Big, strong, fast, quick, sudden, explosive, great hands, runs great routes and is productive.

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

A little guy is not a #1 WR. A slow guy is not a #1 WR. Maybe a #2 or #3. But not a #1.
Originally posted by 9moon:
a TE should never be THE #1 receiver...

If the TE is a better player than most of the receivers in the league that's fine.

Is it a bad thing when your TE breaks the all time single season record for his position?

It's a depth chart number that evolved into meaning the receiver you have to scheme for or he'll burn you. We haven't had one in a minute. When are you doing breakdowns again?
[ Edited by T-9ers on Mar 7, 2019 at 6:40 PM ]
Dang. Steelers have 2 #1
Technically Kittle is our #1 WR/pass option. Pats did it for years with Gronk. We just need dudes to get open. Trent Taylor, Bourne and James are all backup level talents until proven otherwise. Goodwin when healthy and Pettis is it.
Would be nice to have a tall WR for once...
But man just think of what Kyle could do with say....John Ross

I think Pettis is going to be a good #2 as well. But you declaring him that now is not something I can get behind. He has not proven that he is already a "very good #2" like you claim. I like Pettis a lot. But he needs to prove something before we anoint him.

Goodwin as a "very good #2" I find to be absolutely ridiculous though. He has had one fully healthy season in 6 years. Hope he can put it together and stay on the field. But to count on him as a very good #2 right now is crazy IMO.

You say a lot will agree.....I dont know that anyone will agree. Both could prove to become very good #2s, but they absolutely are not at this very minute.

Fair enough about Goodwin, health is his major problem and as for Pettis I love his chances to become a very good WR for this team hopefully for a long time, my point was that a true number 1 added and I feel this WR group along with Kittle will be a problem for defenses..
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by 9moon:
a TE should never be THE #1 receiver...

If the TE is a better player than most of the receivers in the league that's fine.

Is it a bad thing when your TE breaks the all time single season record for his position?

The Pats have done pretty good with a TE being their best receiver.. just saying
Share 49ersWebzone