LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 328 users in the forums

Starting your NFL franchise today, would you take Jimmy Garoppolo or Patrick Mahomes?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Starting your NFL franchise today, would you take Jimmy Garoppolo or Patrick Mahomes?

How would Merhermes do with THIS niner team? Same as Jimmy G?

Hill and Kelce is a combo about 10 qb's could win the MVP with. The fact that Alex threw for 4k yards with them should tell you how lethal KC's weapons are. As of now I'm taking the safer bet which I think is still Jimmy.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Hill and Kelce is a combo about 10 qb's could win the MVP with. The fact that Alex threw for 4k yards with them should tell you how lethal KC's weapons are. As of now I'm taking the safer bet which I think is still Jimmy.

Kelce more important to that team than Hill. Kelce going out with a concussion last year shut down that entire offense.
[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 12, 2018 at 12:10 PM ]
Is this a trick question?
Originally posted by fartmaster:
Is this a trick question?

Seahawk fan
Originally posted by sacniner:
Seahawk fan
I am did you finally just now get it? 😂 good luck this week you guys destroyed Denver and they beat us so you never know. The Hawks won't be looking past you at all. Especially when we clinch the playoffs with a win. Peace
Originally posted by fartmaster:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Seahawk fan
I am did you finally just now get it? 😂 good luck this week you guys destroyed Denver and they beat us so you never know. The Hawks won't be looking past you at all. Especially when we clinch the playoffs with a win. Peace

It's sad you acted like a Niner fan and rooted for Seachicken injuries just to make us look bad and have gossip material at .net. You're a joke
Originally posted by Joecool:

Kelce more important to that team than Hill. Kelce going out with a concussion last year shut down that entire offense.

what game(s) was that?
Originally posted by 49erminion:

what game(s) was that?

Chiefs vs TEN wildcard game last year. Kelce suffered a concussion at the end of the 1st half. KC laid a goosegg in the 2nd half and lost 22-21. He could barely walk. Teammates had to help him walk. But now I think Mahomes is the teams best player. He would have scored some points in the second half.

[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 12, 2018 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
The obvious choice right now is Mahomes. However, if a healthy Garoppolo were the KC QB right now, there is not doubt he could put up some awesome numbers as well. I can't recall any team in the past 10-15 years that has had the depth in quality offensive weapons KC has right now. That crew is epic.

It will be fun watching a lot of these young QBs in the coming years to see how they adjust to the league in their second and third years.

This depth of quality weapons that you constantly gush over is basically Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. They lost their star running back, their #2 WR is as injury prone as they come. Granted, most teams dont have a Kelce/Hill combo, but to say this is the best collection of offensive weapons in the last 10-15 years is truly ridiculous IMO.

So give us a team that had more.

Watkins has done well when healthy. Conley is a big target who would start on a lot of teams. Ware was a top 20 RB before Hunt arrived. Hill and Kelce are just freaks.

The fact they lost Hunt but Ware put up 125+ total yards shows how loaded they are.

Watkins is never healthy. So I have no problem excluding him from your idea that no team has been this loaded from a weapons perspective in 10-15 years. Conley was someone that was regularly ridiculed in the Alex Smith thread prior to this season, so I am excluding him too. Hunt is gone, and Ware was mentioned as a possible cut before this season. Excluding him as well.

Like I said, right now, this group of quality weapons is Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. And Mahomes is still shredding teams.

So over the past 15 years?

Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce & Marshall Faulk

Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin & Edgerrin James

Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne & Edgerrin James

Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson & Ladanian Tomlinson

Julio Jones, Roddy White & Michael Turner

Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams & Eddie Lacy

Antonio Brown & Le'veon Bell

Marques Colston & Jimmy Graham

Chad Johnson & TJ Houshmanzadeh

Randy Moss & Julian Edelman

This wasnt hard dj. I named these groups off the top of my head. I dont know how it would be possible to believe that any of the above are not even on par with the Travis Kelce Tyreek Hill combo.

Objectively Mahomes is younger and has played phenomenally but it seems like Reid really simplified the offense with him. But I still think he's gonna be a great. player that's already a favorite to win MVP. Jimmy had expectations to get the full grasp of the playbook that is notoriously difficult to learn right away. I guarantee Jimmy would've looked a lot better as the season went on especially with Kittle rising up and Pettis improving.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Objectively Mahomes is younger and has played phenomenally but it seems like Reid really simplified the offense with him. But I still think he's gonna be a great. player that's already a favorite to win MVP. Jimmy had expectations to get the full grasp of the playbook that is notoriously difficult to learn right away. I guarantee Jimmy would've looked a lot better as the season went on especially with Kittle rising up and Pettis improving.

Can you elaborate on how Reid simplified the offense to make it easier for Mahomes?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Can you elaborate on how Reid simplified the offense to make it easier for Mahomes?

Mahomes has a higher football IQ. He makes way fewer mistakes than Jimmy has and yet doubled his production......simplified my ass.

Remember Jimmy has been in the league for years now. Of course, Shanahan would give him the full playbook.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Its baseless, John.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
The obvious choice right now is Mahomes. However, if a healthy Garoppolo were the KC QB right now, there is not doubt he could put up some awesome numbers as well. I can't recall any team in the past 10-15 years that has had the depth in quality offensive weapons KC has right now. That crew is epic.

It will be fun watching a lot of these young QBs in the coming years to see how they adjust to the league in their second and third years.

This depth of quality weapons that you constantly gush over is basically Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. They lost their star running back, their #2 WR is as injury prone as they come. Granted, most teams dont have a Kelce/Hill combo, but to say this is the best collection of offensive weapons in the last 10-15 years is truly ridiculous IMO.

So give us a team that had more.

Watkins has done well when healthy. Conley is a big target who would start on a lot of teams. Ware was a top 20 RB before Hunt arrived. Hill and Kelce are just freaks.

The fact they lost Hunt but Ware put up 125+ total yards shows how loaded they are.

I would agree with your original quote, dj if Mahomes threw higher percentage of his passes from the pocket, but I have seen Mahomes escape, scramble and throw incredible passes too often this year. I have not seen JG make those kinds of throws.

I'm not saying Garoppolo would have the SAME numbers as Mahomes. I am only saying that he would have some very good numbers with that KC supporting cast.
Share 49ersWebzone