There are 144 users in the forums

Starting your NFL franchise today, would you take Jimmy Garoppolo or Patrick Mahomes?

Starting your NFL franchise today, would you take Jimmy Garoppolo or Patrick Mahomes?

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I'll go ahead and say it.....

if Alex Smith can go to the playoffs and be considered an MVP candidate midway in the season with that Chiefs team, any mediocre QB can.

Did he get a single vote for MVP?
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Dec 11, 2018 at 9:35 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I'm interested to see how D coordinators choose to go after Mahomes after an off season.

This.

And the very same thing applies to Jimmy G in KS offense.

Jimmy
QBR in 2017 - 80.7
QBR in 2018 - 26.9

Jimmy is the beneficiary of the "new fresh QB Defense coordinators haven't figured out" as much as Mahomes.
Originally posted by dj43:
The obvious choice right now is Mahomes. However, if a healthy Garoppolo were the KC QB right now, there is not doubt he could put up some awesome numbers as well. I can't recall any team in the past 10-15 years that has had the depth in quality offensive weapons KC has right now. That crew is epic.

It will be fun watching a lot of these young QBs in the coming years to see how they adjust to the league in their second and third years.

No way Jimmy G does that in KC Mahomes is on another talent scale. Not even close.
Originally posted by susweel:
Hmmm hard choice one is league mvp candidate with great numbers and talent level of a young brett farve. The other choice is a guy with mediocre numbers who seems to be injury prone.

Is contract also in consideration ?

Good point.

Better contract, more health, younger, better talent....

Easy choice.
This should be an easy choice. Honestly, no debate here.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

if Alex Smith can go to the playoffs and be considered an MVP candidate midway in the season with that Chiefs team, any mediocre QB can.

ESPN's NFL MVP Poll: Midseason Edition
Name Position Team
Carson Wentz QB Eagles
Tom Brady QB Patriots
Alex Smith QB Chiefs
Todd Gurley RB Rams
7 more rows•Nov 8, 2017
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Dec 11, 2018 at 10:26 AM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I'm interested to see how D coordinators choose to go after Mahomes after an off season.

This.

Jimmy
QBR in 2017 - 80.7
QBR in 2018 - 26.9

Jimmy is the beneficiary of the "new fresh QB Defense coordinators haven't figured out" as much as Mahomes.

No arguement here. Just projecting a traditional pocket QB in Jimmy G would be the only hope he ends up being better. But the short sample we got this year is cause for major concerns.
Originally posted by susweel:
Hmmm hard choice one is league mvp candidate with great numbers and talent level of a young brett farve. The other choice is a guy with mediocre numbers who seems to be injury prone.

Is contract also in consideration ?

Contract is not a consideration. Everything else is equal.

Name Position Team
Carson Wentz QB Eagles
Tom Brady QB Patriots
Alex Smith QB Chiefs
Todd Gurley RB Rams
7 more rows•Nov 8, 2017

How many votes is that ?
wait until they have both played a full season, and NFL DCs have better idea of their skills, tendencies. From a raw talent perspective, PaMa, from a poise in the pocket, execute the offense perspective, Jimmy GQ. Me, as much as I like "play making" from my QB, I want a guy who executes the plays I design, so Jimmy would be my guy.

lol....
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

This.

Jimmy
QBR in 2017 - 80.7
QBR in 2018 - 26.9

Jimmy had a bad week 1 but his weeks 2 and 3 were legit. This includes 13 sacks in 3 games.

I would still rather take Mahomes right now if there were a choice. But then again, Cam and Wentz lit the league on fire before they showed they could be true pocket passers. JG has shown he can be a true pocket passer. That alone can go a long ways.
[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 11, 2018 at 1:49 PM ]

Name Position Team
Carson Wentz QB Eagles
Tom Brady QB Patriots
Alex Smith QB Chiefs
Todd Gurley RB Rams
7 more rows•Nov 8, 2017

How many votes is that ?

Bammer blunt post
[ Edited by sacniner on Dec 11, 2018 at 2:34 PM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:

Name Position Team
Carson Wentz QB Eagles
Tom Brady QB Patriots
Alex Smith QB Chiefs
Todd Gurley RB Rams
7 more rows•Nov 8, 2017

How many votes is that ?

Bammer blunt post

The butt hurt is real
Originally posted by sacniner:
This should be an easy choice. Honestly, no debate here.

I just wonder what the voting results would be if on any other teams website or an ESPN poll. 99.9% for Mahomes? I guess its telling that even on a 49er webzone with some devoted Niners Homers its still 69% for Mahomes.

One guy has been hurt more weeks than he has started in the NFL. The other will be the MVP of the NFL and easily has the best arm we have seen in years. Like you say, it shouldnt even be a debate.
Share 49erswebzone