Antonio Brown

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
offer pittsburgh a 1st rounder + Bourne for brown and bell

/done

its so easy, get on it lynch

The Big Body WR or GTFO crew frowns upon your shenanigans.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's like a mutiny inside the Steelers

Omar Epps may have run his course in Pittsburgh. Steelers need to let him go and bring in Jim Harbaugh. The ultimate Midwestern style coach for the ultimate Midwestern style team.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
offer pittsburgh a 1st rounder + Bourne for brown and bell

/done

its so easy, get on it lynch

lol. Good one.

Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
he has too much baggage and red flags, so this front office will be hesitant

we do not need bell. mack. josh or this guy. please try to keep up

Or maybe... just maybe... he won't be traded.

Be that as it may, the amount of elite players that are rumored to have been available, and how many Niner fans have come up with excuses as to why they dont want them is absolutely comical.

I didn't want Mack because only franchise QB's are worth 2 first imo. I didn't want Gordon because he can't be trusted.

Brown is worth the price IF the Steelers finally had enough of his diva personality and the asking price is less than 2 first.

Brown is the type of player who can take this offense to another level because of the way teams are forced to cover him. Brown and Goodwin would cause so many problems for opposing secondaries, which would allow others to take advantage of 1v1 matchups.

You are absolutely right on Brown, but in solving one problem, another is created. We would have virtually no shot at the elite edge rusher in next year's draft. Either that, or we hang onto the hope that one hits free agency.

Not to mention his salary:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's like a mutiny inside the Steelers

Omar Epps may have run his course in Pittsburgh. Steelers need to let him go and bring in Jim Harbaugh. The ultimate Midwestern style coach for the ultimate Midwestern style team.

he got Omar by at least 50lbs
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 18, 2018 at 3:53 PM ]
I would drop both a 1st and and 2nd on the Brown/Bell Combo......... and then probably get frustrated all next year when we can't get to the QB, but I would still do it for the lolz. Shoot outs are fun.
Originally posted by Southpaw79:
I would drop both a 1st and and 2nd on the Brown/Bell Combo......... and then probably get frustrated all next year when we can't get to the QB, but I would still do it for the lolz. Shoot outs are fun.

lol any competent GM would spit at that offer. Gonna have to offer minimum 2 1st and a 2nd for a package deal.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,393
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
offer pittsburgh a 1st rounder + Bourne for brown and bell
/done

its so easy, get on it lynch

lol. Good one.

Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
he has too much baggage and red flags, so this front office will be hesitant

we do not need bell. mack. josh or this guy. please try to keep up

Or maybe... just maybe... he won't be traded.

Be that as it may, the amount of elite players that are rumored to have been available, and how many Niner fans have come up with excuses as to why they dont want them is absolutely comical.

I didn't want Mack because only franchise QB's are worth 2 first imo. I didn't want Gordon because he can't be trusted.

Brown is worth the price IF the Steelers finally had enough of his diva personality and the asking price is less than 2 first.

Brown is the type of player who can take this offense to another level because of the way teams are forced to cover him. Brown and Goodwin would cause so many problems for opposing secondaries, which would allow others to take advantage of 1v1 matchups.

You are absolutely right on Brown, but in solving one problem, another is created. We would have virtually no shot at the elite edge rusher in next year's draft. Either that, or we hang onto the hope that one hits free agency.

Not to mention his salary:

Antonio Brown is worth every penny and I'd give up alot to get him.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,952
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Antonio Brown is worth every penny and I'd give up alot to get him.


Mack was worth what we would've gave up. It fills a huge void.

Brown on the other hand...not so much. Yes we need a WR, but one that makes $22 million?? I'll pass.

But I wouldn't be mad
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Antonio Brown is worth every penny and I'd give up alot to get him.


Mack was worth what we would've gave up. It fills a huge void.

Brown on the other hand...not so much. Yes we need a WR, but one that makes $22 million?? I'll pass.

But I wouldn't be mad

That was the purpose of me posting the salary chart breakdown. We all have our opinions, likes as well as dislikes …
and although that "ship has sailed", Khalil Mack (IMO), would have really helped the team on both sides-of-the-ball.
AB's likely not going anywhere...anything's possible, they could trade him & sign Bell, I suppose, but I'd be surprised if they'd go that route. Connors has shown enough to make them hesitate to give Le'Veon the huge contract he wants, I think. They need defensive talent...big time.

Madden curse
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
offer pittsburgh a 1st rounder + Bourne for brown and bell

/done

its so easy, get on it lynch

The Big Body WR or GTFO crew frowns upon your shenanigans.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's like a mutiny inside the Steelers

Omar Epps may have run his course in Pittsburgh. Steelers need to let him go and bring in Jim Harbaugh. The ultimate Midwestern style coach for the ultimate Midwestern style team.

Lol no.
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
I want Lynch fired if he doesn't land this 30 year old receiver with an enormous salary who would cost us the first round pick we need for an edge rusher and whose present team may not be interested in trading him at all.

Just the one thing you forgot to mention.
Share 49erswebzone