SalePre-order Dwight Clark tribute, "Letters to 87," for only $17.12

There are 110 users in the forums

Antonio Brown

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
he has too much baggage and red flags, so this front office will be hesitant

we do not need bell. mack. josh or this guy. please try to keep up

Or maybe... just maybe... he won't be traded.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
lol not gonna happen.

I know some of these Niner fans need to chill..
They will never let him out of the building and odds are this little dust up will pass, but he is the sort of talent like Mack that you have to make a pitch for. Maybe you get outbid, but you always try. We need too much to sell off multiple first rounders plus extra picks like the Bears did but you have to take your shot and see if something can be done. I cant say the same for Bell, as dynamic as he is, a runners career is too short to spend huge draft capital on when you can find guys in the draft that you will have for cheaper and longer.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
They will never let him out of the building and odds are this little dust up will pass, but he is the sort of talent like Mack that you have to make a pitch for. Maybe you get outbid, but you always try. We need too much to sell off multiple first rounders plus extra picks like the Bears did but you have to take your shot and see if something can be done. I cant say the same for Bell, as dynamic as he is, a runners career is too short to spend huge draft capital on when you can find guys in the draft that you will have for cheaper and longer.

This. Pittsburgh has been happy to let a bunch of receivers walk but Brown is on a whole other level compared to guys like Sanders and Wallace. If they are going to make a run for another SB in Big Ben's final years, he is essential.
offer pittsburgh a 1st rounder + Bourne for brown and bell

/done

its so easy, get on it lynch
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
he has too much baggage and red flags, so this front office will be hesitant

we do not need bell. mack. josh or this guy. please try to keep up

Or maybe... just maybe... he won't be traded.

Be that as it may, the amount of elite players that are rumored to have been available, and how many Niner fans have come up with excuses as to why they dont want them is absolutely comical.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
he has too much baggage and red flags, so this front office will be hesitant

we do not need bell. mack. josh or this guy. please try to keep up

Or maybe... just maybe... he won't be traded.

Be that as it may, the amount of elite players that are rumored to have been available, and how many Niner fans have come up with excuses as to why they dont want them is absolutely comical.

I didn't want Mack because only franchise QB's are worth 2 first imo. I didn't want Gordon because he can't be trusted.

Brown is worth the price IF the Steelers finally had enough of his diva personality and the asking price is less than 2 first.

Brown is the type of player who can take this offense to another level because of the way teams are forced to cover him. Brown and Goodwin would cause so many problems for opposing secondaries, which would allow others to take advantage of 1v1 matchups.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
offer pittsburgh a 1st rounder + Bourne for brown and bell

/done

its so easy, get on it lynch

lol. Good one.

Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
he has too much baggage and red flags, so this front office will be hesitant

we do not need bell. mack. josh or this guy. please try to keep up

Or maybe... just maybe... he won't be traded.

Be that as it may, the amount of elite players that are rumored to have been available, and how many Niner fans have come up with excuses as to why they dont want them is absolutely comical.

I didn't want Mack because only franchise QB's are worth 2 first imo. I didn't want Gordon because he can't be trusted.

Brown is worth the price IF the Steelers finally had enough of his diva personality and the asking price is less than 2 first.

Brown is the type of player who can take this offense to another level because of the way teams are forced to cover him. Brown and Goodwin would cause so many problems for opposing secondaries, which would allow others to take advantage of 1v1 matchups.

You are absolutely right on Brown, but in solving one problem, another is created. We would have virtually no shot at the elite edge rusher in next year's draft. Either that, or we hang onto the hope that one hits free agency.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
lol not gonna happen.

I know some of these Niner fans need to chill..

I mean I would happily take AB over anyone on this team obviously but I bet this is gonna be a nonstory. Though it is interesting that 2 "high profile" receivers picked the niners as one of their preferred destination, I'm gonna do my best not to talk myself into having false expectations of getting hi.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Lol.

How many times are we going to go through this over the season?

Every week lol

Every time someone with more talent than our current roster might become available. It's not like Zoners are looking to pickup every scrub who gets cut from some other team's practice squad. This is a top 3 WR in this league and the Niners don't have anyone close to his level of talent or production. Just deal with it.

I want Lynch fired if he doesn't land this 30 year old receiver with an enormous salary whose present team may not be interested in trading him at all.
3 1sts for Bell and Brown
It's like a mutiny inside the Steelers
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 28,800
A top talent is frustrated because they put up 37 points and their defense couldn't make that into a W.

Not surprised. Check back on Thursday.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,885
Don't need him. We're perfectly happy with the group we have now.

I'm sure other teams are willing to do more than we are to attain him.

Non story.
Share 49erswebzone