There are 118 users in the forums

The EDGE Dyaeshon Hall thread

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
whats the knock on him? raw? injury? Is he further in his development than pita?

Injury

So he's another in a long line of oft injured potentials like AA and Ward

At least this one isn't costing us a ton of money for zero play.

Raw and injured — not a good combo
Oh thank heavens. I was concerned CC was really going to go through with offing himself
Originally posted by Hopper:
whats the knock on him? raw? injury? Is he further in his development than pita?

Injury

So he's another in a long line of oft injured potentials like AA and Ward

At least this one isn't costing us a ton of money for zero play.

but with amazing measurables ...

this sounds like baalke
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
we did it!!!

thank you for making a move Saleh

Saleh is the DC not the GM.

lynch probably has to get this guys approval to even make moves. Look at how many big ends we have.

THIS - while it's on Lynch to just add ER talent it's been made abundantly clear through the sitdown Lynch did with the media that the power structure is setup where the OC/DC and position coaches prioritize their needs and describe what they want in that position. From there the scouts help identify fits from FA and draft.

You can tell just from his press conferences that Saleh trivializes the importance of the ER role and values run defense much more than other DC's in the NFL. He loves to have multiple big ends and believes pressure shouldn't come from one player but a group of them collapsing the pocket. From who they've decided to draft and who they've extended it's clearly run defense as priority number 1. I just can't believe how little priority they put in pass rush. We had a bottom 3 pass rush in the NFL last year and our pass rushers are literally unchanged. Not even a flyer on any productive ER on day 3 of the draft with guys like Armstrong, Obo, and Sweat available

this sounds like baalke

Baalke gambled on measurables in the first round, this is a PS signing. If Baalke was drafting this year Kolton Miller would be the pick at #9

Hall is 23 with a ton of upside, and he really only has to compete with Marsh
Like this pick up. Loved his potential coming out of the draft. Like someone else said, I'd put him out there before Marsh already
Originally posted by saniner:

this sounds like baalke

Baalke gambled on measurables in the first round, this is a PS signing. If Baalke was drafting this year Kolton Miller would be the pick at #9

Hall is 23 with a ton of upside, and he really only has to compete with Marsh

true. I just have some weariness whenever we get a guy with long arms and had an injury history lol. But I don't hate the signing and don't see any downsides to signing him.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
This signing tells me that we are in a desperate mode to find a DE...

Why not just sign MARIO WILLIAMS??
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Lol I posted all this before Kevin did

That's b/c you're the man!

High five 🙌
Originally posted by 9moon:
This signing tells me that we are in a desperate mode to find a DE...

Why not just sign MARIO WILLIAMS??

Because he sucks and is done

Meh.

High five 🙌

LOL...perfect!
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
THIS - while it's on Lynch to just add ER talent it's been made abundantly clear through the sitdown Lynch did with the media that the power structure is setup where the OC/DC and position coaches prioritize their needs and describe what they want in that position. From there the scouts help identify fits from FA and draft.

You can tell just from his press conferences that Saleh trivializes the importance of the ER role and values run defense much more than other DC's in the NFL. He loves to have multiple big ends and believes pressure shouldn't come from one player but a group of them collapsing the pocket. From who they've decided to draft and who they've extended it's clearly run defense as priority number 1. I just can't believe how little priority they put in pass rush. We had a bottom 3 pass rush in the NFL last year and our pass rushers are literally unchanged. Not even a flyer on any productive ER on day 3 of the draft with guys like Armstrong, Obo, and Sweat available

It's certainly starting to feel like a philosophy vs. a FO oversight.

#15.... just had to beat the Rams gdi
Share 49erswebzone