There are 189 users in the forums

Marquette King

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Pass

Good punter but the circus that he brings for the position he plays is not worth it.

HUGE - THIS!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Pass

Good punter but the circus that he brings for the position he plays is not worth it.

HUGE - THIS!

What does that mean? He's to popular for you? As long as a player don't get in trouble and is good at his job what's the problem?
That's what you get when you're a showboating punter. Just a bad look LOL.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Pass

HUGE - THIS!

What does that mean? He's to popular for you? As long as a player don't get in trouble and is good at his job what's the problem?

I dunno man he dances and has fun but isn't a skill position
Can't have that type of locker room cancer
Originally posted by RonMexico:

What locker room cancer? There's literally 0 evidence that he's a locker room cancer. He's a great player and people love to hate great players. Plain and simple
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scottie15:

What locker room cancer? There's literally 0 evidence that he's a locker room cancer. He's a great player and people love to hate great players. Plain and simple
Nobody loves to hate a punter. Lol. Where do you come up with this stuff. People would rather not have their teams punter act like an ass and fire up the other team when the punter wouldn't be out there every down trying to win the game.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by evil:
King had a net average that was 1.4 yards higher than Pinion. Pinion had more punts inside the 20, fewer touchbacks (Pinion had on TB all year) and forced more fair catches.

Smarter to just extend BP, who will probably cost less and has improved each and every year so far.

And that's why King cares more about stats, let's be honest, no punter has ever been picked for being on a winning team.

I like Pinion but he's inconsistent and in a contact year. Now's the time to look for an upgrade. I'm even tempted to draft the Texas guy.

Pinion was consistent enough to post better stats than King in every meaningful category for punters save for Net Average by 1.4 yard per punt. And Pinion still finished top 10 in net average.

And again, BP has improved each and every year. I do not see an honest reason to dump him for King outside of King having more name value.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:

Nobody loves to hate a punter. Lol. Where do you come up with this stuff. People would rather not have their teams punter act like an ass and fire up the other team when the punter wouldn't be out there every down trying to win the game.

Ever been in the Pinion thread, cause there are a few in there.
Pinion was consistent enough to post better stats than King in every meaningful category for punters save for Net Average by 1.4 yard per punt. And Pinion still finished top 10 in net average.

And again, BP has improved each and every year. I do not see an honest reason to dump him for King outside of King having more name value.

Consistent enough wouldn't mean booting 50 yarders, and then shanking 25 yard ducks. Pinion is ok but either we upgrade this year or the next, or end up with him on a long term deal
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Consistent enough wouldn't mean booting 50 yarders, and then shanking 25 yard ducks. Pinion is ok but either we upgrade this year or the next, or end up with him on a long term deal

Pinion did not end up with a top 10 net average by shanking every second punt. You are over exaggerating to try and make a point.

And how many of us watched every one of King or any other punters punts from last season to fairly compare a little inconsistency from BP to the other league punters? I will venture to guess the answer is none. Pinions play is under greater scrutiny by posters here only because they saw most or all of his punts but have no basis for fair comparison because ultimately they saw a few punts from another guy here and there.

Pinion did not end up with a top 10 net average by shanking every second punt. You are over exaggerating to try and make a point.

And how many of us watched every one of King or any other punters punts from last season to fairly compare a little inconsistency from BP to the other league punters? I will venture to guess the answer is none. Pinions play is under greater scrutiny by posters here only because they saw most or all of his punts but have no basis for fair comparison because ultimately they saw a few punts from another guy here and there.

That's a fair statement, I wouldn't even begin to argue that I've seen as much of another punter than Pinion

I'm not a Pinion hater in the slightest, I think he is decent, but he's not Andy Lee. I'm just trying to say that I'd look at options to replace him this year and next before we give him a good 2nd deal.

Most are hating on King as a personality, and I think that's wrong. You're right to compare him as a punter, which is all I'm trying to do.
Fans hate players who are confident and know they are good. That's why 9ers fans hated Richard Sherman etc.
Does king also do kickoffs? Because that's a a major major plus of pinion. Takes a huge load off your kickers when they only have to focus on field goals rather than kick offs.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Fans hate players who are confident and know they are good. That's why 9ers fans hated Richard Sherman etc.

No lol

I thought this was one of my more obvious sarcastic posts
Share 49ersWebzone