LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

What team will Foles be on THIS year?

Shop 49ers game tickets

What team will Foles be on THIS year?

Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Foles has a real weird deal. 5 year, about 26 million. But if he stays on the eagles roster for 2018 then it's voided after the 2018 season and becomes a 2 year 11 mil deal. There is a ton of value for a team that trades for him. They get a qb for 4 years 20 mil.

Eagles absolutely need to trade him for multiple reasons.

It's very possible some team gives up a first rounder for a 4 year (about) 20 mil deal for a super bowl mvp qb.

You really don't want to have a controversy where you already have the franchise QB and the backup that just won the Super Bowl.

The Vikings are about to have a problem in which of their free agent QBs is worth to re-sign,and,I won't want to put all my futures on Keenum.

Agreed. You miss out on a high draft pick, disrespect the Super Bowl mvp by making him sit on the bench coming off the biggest moment of his life, and create tension. All because they'd be scared that wentz gets hurt again. Can't be banking on your starting qb going down again.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Foles has a history, it's called "champion." Because of his play success, he is now in the conversation for the Hall of Fame one day. I think that "back up" tag is old news, so yesterday morning.

I think you're way too into the moment. When Jeff Hostetler won the SB did that put him in the HOF conversation? Jeff Hostetler was never in any HOF conversation. Foles is a guy who caught fire at the right time, had a great 4 game run but there is no one that expects him to continue playing at this high a level long term.

In the moment? Or just doesnt understand football?
Foles has a real weird deal. 5 year, about 26 million. But if he stays on the eagles roster for 2018 then it's voided after the 2018 season and becomes a 2 year 11 mil deal. There is a ton of value for a team that trades for him. They get a qb for 4 years 20 mil.

Eagles absolutely need to trade him for multiple reasons.

It's very possible some team gives up a first rounder for a 4 year (about) 20 mil deal for a super bowl mvp qb.

You really don't want to have a controversy where you already have the franchise QB and the backup that just won the Super Bowl.

The Vikings are about to have a problem in which of their free agent QBs is worth to re-sign,and,I won't want to put all my futures on Keenum.

Agreed. You miss out on a high draft pick, disrespect the Super Bowl mvp by making him sit on the bench coming off the biggest moment of his life, and create tension. All because they'd be scared that wentz gets hurt again. Can't be banking on your starting qb going down again.

And with all these QB openings, the opportunity presents itself if Foles is starter material again......his confidence is on an all-time high and his stock level is through the roof
And with all these QB openings, the opportunity presents itself if Foles is starter material again......his confidence is on an all-time high and his stock level is through the roof

Eagles could not have asked for a more perfect situation. Scary thought that their team is so good and next year they get wentz back, plus whatever picks they get for foles.
I don't know how you trade the guy who won you the first super bowl, against tom brady, and was the mvp. it was wentz's misfortune he got hurt, but it sure looked like foles"s team. its an embarrassment of riches. I think wentz will be the one to go.

NEVER!
The fly in the ointment w/Foles is how he flopped when he left the Eagles the first time.

In the SB he played Great!

BUT - IMO, it had tons to do w/the OLine and play calling.

Add to that - we really don't know how well Wentz will heal or how long before he is completely healed.

The Eagles best chance to return for the SB is to keep them both like w kept Joe & Steve.
They can't franchise him? Wentz could get injured again.
  • RedAu
  • Veteran
I don't know how you trade the guy who won you the first super bowl, against tom brady, and was the mvp. it was wentz's misfortune he got hurt, but it sure looked like foles"s team. its an embarrassment of riches. I think wentz will be the one to go.

As ludicrous as this sounds, the Eagles need to at least explore the idea. I think Foles is more than a flash in the pan, or getting hot at the right time. He was good with great flashes under Kelly before going to witness protection program under known QB killer Jeff Fisher.

Yesterday we saw a unflappable QB making big time throws and plays in the biggest stage. I really didn't see lucky plays that saved him that Case Keenum seems to have or Eli had in past SBs. If anyone would have exposed him as a fraud it would be Bill B.

Wentz would fetch an absolute ransom giving the Eagles ammo to build a dynasty.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
They can't franchise him? Wentz could get injured again.

He is under contract one ore year. Eagles have no reason to get rid of him with Wentz health. Unless some team wants to give a 1st rounder or something stupid

Foles is still a garbage QB, he got hot but lets not act like he is a franchise QB all of a sudden
Poster(s) calling Foles HOF worthy is hilarious. Good/solid player that fits and knows that system well, surrounded by a great team.

The MVP of this Super Bowl was Coach Peterson. The balls on that guy! He made it exciting.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
It'll be a team that obviously misses out on Kirk in FA. I think Arizona is a strong likelihood to acquire him via trade.
Originally posted by GEEK:
It'll be a team that obviously misses out on Kirk in FA. I think Arizona is a strong likelihood to acquire him via trade.

Another wild-card is DeFlippo
If you are the Eagles, you keep him as long as his contract lasts for. He is the best backup in the NFL and that is a great asset to have moving forward. With Wentz coming back from his ACL, there is no telling how long it takes him to get back to full strength, how he will look when he gets back, or how susceptible he will be to another tear. With Foles backing him up, you have no worry if Wentz needs more time or if his ACL tears again. But once Foles contract is up, i would expect him to move onto another team or Eagles will probably trade him midseason
It amazes me watching Vikings and Eagles plug-n-play these guys with success after watching the 49ers float out some of the worst NFL QB's since Garcia played. Sure there was Smith and Kap and now Jimmy G, but we've seen some real stinkers lining up behind center.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Eagles could not have asked for a more perfect situation. Scary thought that their team is so good and next year they get wentz back, plus whatever picks they get for foles.

Who's to say Wentz could have gotten them the championship??
Share 49ersWebzone