There are 235 users in the forums

What team will Foles be on THIS year?

Shop 49ers game tickets

What team will Foles be on THIS year?

Unless Philly gets a top 15-20 pick for him I would think they just keep him to back up the far superior Wentz
Originally posted by LenCat:
Unless Philly gets a top 15-20 pick for him I would think they just keep him to back up the far superior Wentz

I could see someone offering a 2nd, but not a 1st. If it's only a 2nd, I'd rather keep him as a backup in case Wentz has a setback. Too many teams are too willing to sell high on quality backup QB's and then are left looking stupid when something unforseen happens to the starter.

I would also be very cautious trading anything higher than a 2nd for Foles because he's looked good in 2 different QB friendly systems, but it's still extremely difficult to really judge which player you'll be getting. You can't trade a 1st for that.
Iggles. Hold on to him until Wentz is fully recovered and then flip him at/before the trade deadline, especially if a team has a starter go down and they become desperate, similar to how they traded Bradford away. I'd expect them to draft a QB in a few months and have that be their eventual backup after they trade Foles.
I don't know how you trade the guy who won you the first super bowl, against tom brady, and was the mvp. it was wentz's misfortune he got hurt, but it sure looked like foles"s team. its an embarrassment of riches. I think wentz will be the one to go.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
I don't know how you trade the guy who won you the first super bowl, against tom brady, and was the mvp. it was wentz's misfortune he got hurt, but it sure looked like foles"s team. its an embarrassment of riches. I think wentz will be the one to go.

Nope
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Nope

Never going to happen. Since Wentz is still on a rookie contract and Foles makes backup money, I don't see the urgency to move anyone. I'd rather go into next season with a great QB situation and zero concerns about the most important position in football.

Someone would have to blow my socks off to make me move him and how many teams will do that when you factor in Foles history? Maybe the Browns are that stupid, but teams will be cautious about buying high on Foles after the St. Louis debacle. None of the QB needy teams have stable offenses that Foles can thrive in, so the Rams situation might just repeat itself if someone like the Bills trade for him.

Not a chance in hell. Wentz is their present and their future. Foles is just a guy who caught fire at the right time. I don't believe that anyone in the Eagles organization thinks his level of play is sustainable over the long term. He's a great backup to have, not a guy you want to depend on as your franchise QB.

Philly should hold on to him for the time being and then trade him at/before the trade deadline, get the maximum amount back from some QB desperate team willing to overpay for a guy who is probably an average NFL starter at best long term.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 4, 2018 at 10:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Not a chance in hell. Wentz is their present and their future. Foles is just a guy who caught fire at the right time. I don't believe that anyone in the Eagles organization thinks his level of play is sustainable over the long term. He's a great backup to have, not a guy you want to depend on as your franchise QB.

Philly should hold on to him for the time being and then trade him at/before the trade deadline, get the maximum amount back from some QB desperate team willing to overpay for a guy who is probably an average NFL starter at best long term.
Why wouldn't you depend on him (Foles)? No other test counts like this one. You may be right, but they might just give him a statue next to Rocky Balboa's.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Why wouldn't you depend on him (Foles)? No other test counts like this one. You may be right, but they might just give him a statue next to Rocky Balboa's.

Ok now you are trolling.
Foles will be traded for a second. Maybe even a first if a team loves him enough. No reason to keep both . And they gotta respect foles enough to let him go start somewhere else and make big money.

It would be a big slap in the face to make him sit on the bench for a year after winning them a super bowl.

Jeff Hostetler and Joe Flacco won SBs too. I wouldnt want either one as my QB. Sometimes guys just get hot. Foles had a nice hot streak but long term I dont see him playing at this high a level. Wentz is the guy, not a chance they trade him. Before he got injured he was playing at an MVP level in his second year.
They will keep Foles as the backup and start Wentz when he is ready.

Foles is now a football god in Philly and will die as one never having to start another game. He will make top backup money on his next contract and have a happy life. As for Wentz, now he is going to be expected to win a super bowl and anything less will be a disappointing career.

Edit: Anyone think there is a chance Foles retires?
[ Edited by 49er4life on Feb 5, 2018 at 3:37 AM ]
I would hang on to Foles. And I am not sure any team except maybe Jax (who already have their average qb) are confident enough in their D to take him at the sort of cost being discussed here. He had an excellent game but I still dont see him as a franchise qb.
weird question -- I just assume eagles after a playoff performance like that. Might even be extended. Modest dollars -- 5-7 mil. Right? Speaking of extending, they can start on wentz now.
What's his current contract situation?
[ Edited by defenderDX on Feb 5, 2018 at 5:13 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone