Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 580 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Here's what we know. He's got the ability, and he's not ready now.

How long will it take? It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future.

Do we know that?

The decisions to throw those passes is my biggest concern and I'm hoping a preseason game like this helps ensure those decisions are made differently in games that actually count.

Protection was an issue and needs to be fixed but the offense is vanilla with no game planning and an OL overwhelmed by some elite pass rushers.

This will not be the case week 1 or 2. If there are still growing pains/rust I think Jimmy will get over it quick and get his swag back for the better defenses to come.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 166,549
Is the sky falling?
Jimmy will be fine. Sure he was a little rusty but those 2 batted passes were going to be completions. The first was I think Pettis who broke the DB's ankle and was wide open and the 2nd would have been about a 15-20 yd completion to Goodwin. I think he was thinking about it too much, it's like you could tell he knew he wasn't going to play more than a handful of snaps and was pressing to "look good" his first game back.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
First real action since tearing his knee up almost a year ago, didn't expect Joe Montana to be out there

Didn't expect Cody Pickett out there either.

This. "Rust" = 3/6 no TDs maybe some off throws.

Today was some JT OSullivan s**t.
  • POG_
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 100,308
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Jimmy will be fine. Sure he was a little rusty but those 2 batted passes were going to be completions. The first was I think Pettis who broke the DB's ankle and was wide open and the 2nd would have been about a 15-20 yd completion to Goodwin. I think he was thinking about it too much, it's like you could tell he knew he wasn't going to play more than a handful of snaps and was pressing to "look good" his first game back.

Ok
I having shades of The Alex Smith forum all over again....please oh please let Jimmy G be better!
That was as bad of a preseason game as I've seen in quite a few years from a starter. I remember in 2013 or 14 kap barely played and had some games that looked similar but this was brutal. He looked scared
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Jimmy will be fine. Sure he was a little rusty but those 2 batted passes were going to be completions. The first was I think Pettis who broke the DB's ankle and was wide open and the 2nd would have been about a 15-20 yd completion to Goodwin. I think he was thinking about it too much, it's like you could tell he knew he wasn't going to play more than a handful of snaps and was pressing to "look good" his first game back.

I would hope Richburg and Person do a much better job at keeping DL hands down than what we saw tonight, thereby making those two tips completions.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,847
"Thanks a lot Staley, THANKS A LOT!!"

- Jimmy G
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Can't wait for the fire ShanaLynch posts if he looks mediocre on MNF.

Too easy

Did you just quote yourself ?

Hundreds of posts tonight..did I miss fire guys posts
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
I having shades of The Alex Smith forum all over again....please oh please let Jimmy G be better!

maybe...should start taking some pointers from Alex Smith. Take care of the football. Take the sack if it isn't there. He's turning the ball over too much.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,128
The overreaction over 6 measly passes. A QB throws about 30-40 passes a game and I seen some people in the gameday thread come to a conclusion on Jimmy G in 6 passes, including the media (ESPN) WTF GTFO here!!!

I predicted he would get 8 attempts passing and he had 6. I see it more as Shanahan protecting his QB, the O-line was also suppose to help out too. I have no doubt that if this was a real game, he would've got into more of a rhythm as the game went on.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,564
Originally posted by Kolohe:
The overreaction over 6 measly passes. A QB throws about 30-40 passes a game and I seen some people in the gameday thread come to a conclusion on Jimmy G in 6 passes, including the media (ESPN) WTF GTFO here!!!

I predicted he would get 8 attempts passing and he had 6. I see it more as Shanahan protecting his QB, the O-line was also suppose to help out too. I have no doubt that if this was a real game, he would've got into more of a rhythm as the game went on.

6 passes.
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
6 passes.

If this had been practice he would have had 6 INTs, amirite?

Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone