LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

Lamar Jackson QB

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Well Lamar had a nice run.... Wonder what he will do next?

Originally posted by Jcool:

Not a good start
Originally posted by Jcool:

lol if Johnny got his head on straight and put football first he could honestly be a good quartback in the NFL. That's probably too much to ask of him tho and I don't know that a franchise would ever give him a second chance.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by SheHateMe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I largely felt the same about Dak Prescott after his junior year but he put some serious work in and came back looking much improved from the pocket. Jackson has the potential to do the same, he's still very young but the onus is on him to work on all the things that will take him from a great college quarterback to a great quarterback period.

I largely felt the same about Dak Prescott after his junior year but he put some serious work in and came back looking much improved from the pocket. Jackson has the potential to do the same, he's still very young but the onus is on him to work on all the things that will take him from a great college quarterback to a great quarterback period.

I think he's got the perfect attitude to be great. Too many variables right now but I've never seen a QB with this much potential.

I wouldn't say he has more potential than someone like Andrew Luck or Cam Newton. He's a better athlete in terms of straight line speed and quickness, but Newton had 2-3 inches on him and about 50 pounds with the same arm strength and better accuracy.

Jackson is the next Michael Vick in my opinion. He's a little more elusive, but he's also a lot thinner and will have to adjust how he plays to avoid big hits in the NFL. He has good arm strength, but he's not that accurate.

It's also interesting comparing Jackson in interviews against Trubisky, Watson, and Kizer. He's not a good public speaker and doesn't seem to be very intelligent (guessing he'd fall in the 10-20 range of the Wonderlic) which will raise questions. Guys like Peyton Manning (28) and Colin Kaepernick (38) are examples of the Wonderlic not transferring directly to football intelligence, but there aren't a lot of recent examples of successful NFL QBs who scored below 15 or 20 on the Wonderlic. Newton's 20 on the Wonderlic may be the lowest for a starting QB and he comes across a lot better than Jackson in interviews.

Physically, Jackson can do it all (except for maybe accuracy), but I don't think he's close to the prospect that Andrew Luck and Cam Newton were.

They don't hit in the NFL anymore.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

lol, so Ryan Tannehill just involuntarily ran himself into the ground yesterday?

Hahahaha tell that to RG3 and every single dude that gets concussed every week...Jackson would last about a yr or until he ran into Kam chancellor or James Harrison.

lol, so Ryan Tannehill just involuntarily ran himself into the ground yesterday?

That was a hit to you?

Here it is: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000755791/article/ryan-tannehill-sprained-acl-mcl-versus-cardinals

Cambell fell on his leg, just like the Brady injury. Lamar Jackson is a real athlete so he doesn't have to worry about that type of freak accident, cause that stuff only happens to the statue QB.

Now these are hits and this is all illegal now:

[ Edited by glorydayz on Dec 12, 2016 at 12:31 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Hahahaha tell that to RG3 and every single dude that gets concussed every week...Jackson would last about a yr or until he ran into Kam chancellor or James Harrison.

Yea cause those two guys are ending QB's careers every week right? LOL

Jackson won't take much punishment because of his speed and athleticism.

Yeah that is what they said about RG3 and Michael Vick as well. The reality is that as a QB in the NFL, the more you run, the more likely you are to get f**ked up.

Jackson is going to have to demonstrate that he can sit back in the pocket and consistently beat teams with his arm. All that running around like he does in college, the better defenses will shut that down fast.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 12, 2016 at 12:37 PM ]

Hahahaha yeah Harrison doesn't hit hard, Jackson is not gonna be able to run around like he does in college no f**king way lol...team will put his ass in the ground if he thinks he can do that...you're being ridulous if you actually think what he does translates to the NFL in any way. He's got to learn to throw the ball from the pocket or start learning to run routes.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 12, 2016 at 12:52 PM ]
Lamar is probably 200 lbs with full pads and cleats on. No chance in hell he survives the hit Kaepernick took from Kiko Alonzo.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
He's 19 years old...too young to project but you can marvel at his physical ability. If he were in the NFL today he would easily be a top 5 QB in regards to physical talent. Hopefully he learns the position and develops a better game but as a start he's on fire.
[ Edited by jcs on Dec 12, 2016 at 12:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Lamar is probably 200 lbs with full pads and cleats on. No chance in hell he survives the hit Kaepernick took from Kiko Alonzo.

This too, he has that smaller frame. I think he could thrive if he improves his accuracy and can combine his running ability with being able to sit back and pick teams apart from the pocket.
Originally posted by jcs:
He's 19 years old...too young to project but you can marvel at his physical ability. If he were in the NFL today he would easily be a top 5 QB in regards to physical talent. Hopefully he learns the position and develops a better game but as a start he's on fire.

I'll take ability to throw the ball accurately and consistently over physical talent at the QB position We will see if he improves on actually being a QB next yr.
Share 49ersWebzone