There are 187 users in the forums

Lamar Jackson QB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ive been hearing a lot of buzz about this kid. Breaking records in total yardage on the ground and through the air. He kind of looks like Michael Vick on tape. Super illusive. He is pretty small at 6'3 196, so i know that could be a big red flag come draft day

Didnt really hear much about him til this year so i want to get other perspectives on this kid. Does he look like a QB that can find success in the NFL or is he just another college QB that wont get cut in the NFL? How would he fit into Kelly's scheme?
Gotta wait another year hopefully he can prove to be a consistent accurate passer and can add some meat. Exciting kid hope he's a QB in the NFL. But my guts telling me he will be like Terrell Pryor.
Hopefully he can imptove over the next couple seasons & get a lil bigger too. He is very exciting to watch & can't wait to watch him go against FSU this weekend
Dude is running that read option like a boss against my noles
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Guy looks unbelievable
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Looks unstoppable. Really excited to see him develope. The way he's carving Florida state, is really gonna intensify the buzz surrounding this kid.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Is what world is 6'3 196lbs "pretty small"???? especially at 19... and just looked he is listed at 205lbs.
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 17, 2016 at 10:45 AM ]
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Is what world is 6'3 196lbs "pretty small"???? especially at 19...

In the sports world.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HERN:

In the sports world.

For a linebacker. Not a QB.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Too bad he's only a sophomore.

• HERN
  • Veteran

In the sports world.

He needs to add 15 pounds for his style of play.

196 in the NFL would mean your a punter.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
He needs to add 15 pounds for his style of play.

196 in the NFL would mean your a punter.

You do know he is a 19 year old sophomore right? He is going to be adding more weight. He is not Russell Wilson who is was considered small at 5'11", 203lbs.
Most of my posts in this section of the site have been complementing Jackson. I really like him BUT would like to see some really good passing vs some good secondaries this year and next. He's a true sophomore, only 19 (I think) so he wont be drafted this year.

I'm a tad weary of run heavy QB's after Kap so I'm looking for him to really develop his passing, which seems to be good already, just a tad too reliant on the run. Which is great in college but in the NFL a QB needs to be able to beat good defenses from the pocket as well. Gonna be watching him a lot this year and next.

In the sports world.

cmon man, RG3 is like 220 and he is proving to not be bulky enough to be a mobile QB. This kid has to put on some serious weight in the next 2 years
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Most of my posts in this section of the site have been complementing Jackson. I really like him BUT would like to see some really good passing vs some good secondaries this year and next. He's a true sophomore, only 19 (I think) so he wont be drafted this year.

I'm a tad weary of run heavy QB's after Kap so I'm looking for him to really develop his passing, which seems to be good already, just a tad too reliant on the run. Which is great in college but in the NFL a QB needs to be able to beat good defenses from the pocket as well. Gonna be watching him a lot this year and next.

the kid is pretty accurate throwing the ball. He has a beautiful deep ball. But i agree, i want a QB who doesnt relies on his arm rather than his feet. The kid is a natural passer so id expect to see him improve his passing game in the next two seasons. Im predicting him and Rosen will be battling it out for that #1 overall spot. Another RG3 vs Luck saga.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Sep 17, 2016 at 11:12 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone