LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
I don't know if this is been asked before but shouldn't this guy have been able to practice with a cast over his hand to protect his finger so at least he would be in game shape?

I believe he has been doing just that this week.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
SEATTLE is already sewing up a GARNETT name for an upcoming starting OG via SF cut players..
Looks like Shanny is done with Garnett's injuries and it was about time TBH. I rather look after a young promising linemen on final cut waivers than still show patience on a player who can't simply fill the basic expectations such as playing and practicing...
man this guy must really suck. They're gonna scour the waiver wire to replace him. That's how bad its gotten?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thursday is probably going to be the last game in a Niner uniform for him.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Thursday is probably going to be the last game in a Niner uniform for him.

It really sucks because I was hoping that at least he's a starting guard. Hell, he was the best Interior OL in all of college football
Sounds like he's done. Could practice but not suit up?

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/127526-shanahan-confidence-joshua-garnett-escape-chiefs-nearly-injury-free/
Originally posted by NCommand:
Sounds like he's done. Could practice but not suit up?

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/127526-shanahan-confidence-joshua-garnett-escape-chiefs-nearly-injury-free/

Trade bait, I doubt he gets cut.
If he isn't making the 53, Lynch should see if they ca get a day 3 pick for him...
He's toast.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
If he isn't making the 53, Lynch should see if they ca get a day 3 pick for him...

He's injured - no one is going to trade for an injured player.
I had hopes that he could be at least a good back up guard that may improve in pass protection and become a starting guard. This guy is a (*) and how he has made no improvement in pass pro is beyond me.
He will be 1 of the 1st guys cut no doubt
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
I had hopes that he could be at least a good back up guard that may improve in pass protection and become a starting guard. This guy is a (*) and how he has made no improvement in pass pro is beyond me.

I think we all hoped that of Joshua, but he just couldn't stay healthy. I'd love to keep him as depth, but even the scrubs are ahead of him.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by elguapo:

I think we all hoped that of Joshua, but he just couldn't stay healthy. I'd love to keep him as depth, but even the scrubs are ahead of him.

That is true but even when he was healthy he was under performing
Share 49ersWebzone