Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by SFrush:
True but when it's true and so consistent year after year it's kinda comical

Except it's not consistent every year.

It definitely is with Seattle. Check out their roster additions of previous 49ers. This is widely known
Who's the last player they have signed from our roster and what year was it?

Cassius marsh this year.

Hes with AZ lol. And he actually played with the Hawks before we signed him 2 years ago.

If you were following the conversation. It was about the seahawks signing players getting info then cutting them. So my comment is accurate.

Seattle drafted Marsh. That's a terrible example.

How so? Did Marsh not play here for a couple years then Seattle picks him up then cuts him?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I SAY WE BRING BACK BABY HUEY !!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Bring him back for what?! We already have a mascot
Originally posted by LVJay:
Bring him back for what?! We already have a mascot

To add to that, Garnett has a worse injury history than Jimmy Ward. And plays even less. He could have practice squad eligibility with how little he has played lol.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
it's a position we need... maybe he can stay healthy this time around..
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
To add to that, Garnett has a worse injury history than Jimmy Ward. And plays even less. He could have practice squad eligibility with how little he has played lol.

That's funny af!

Flubber should stay healthy all year as long as he doesn't practice
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Whitehair
[ Edited by xcfan on Sep 14, 2019 at 9:20 PM ]
There are bad draft picks and then there are REALLY BAD draft misses. I would think the selection of guard Joshua Garnett in the 1st round of the 2016 draft would have to qualify as one of those REALLY BAD whiff moments. To be fair, the 49ers did have two picks in the first round that year and Garnett was the second 1st round pick in that draft, but it was still a bad pick.

Garnett is heading for a new career.

Other players taken LATER than Garnett in that 2016 draft include Myles Jack and Derrick Henry to name a few...
  • Jiks
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Yeeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!! Motherf**kers! In the words of Jim Harbaugh - A++++ on this first round. Yes I am grading 1st round A++, don't even care it's way too premature.

Lol
Originally posted by billbird2111:
There are bad draft picks and then there are REALLY BAD draft misses. I would think the selection of guard Joshua Garnett in the 1st round of the 2016 draft would have to qualify as one of those REALLY BAD whiff moments. To be fair, the 49ers did have two picks in the first round that year and Garnett was the second 1st round pick in that draft, but it was still a bad pick.

Other players taken LATER than Garnett in that 2016 draft include Myles Jack and Derrick Henry to name a few...

Also some dude named Michael Thomas

I was so wrong on this guy. How can the top rated IOL be that bad, when healthy. He won the nations award for the best interior lineman and then became a wuss. He had so many pancake blocks what a waste. Put him in the Kwame Harris category. Drafting late 1st round lineman has not been good to us except for Staley
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I was so wrong on this guy. How can the top rated IOL be that bad, when healthy. He won the nations award for the best interior lineman and then became a wuss. He had so many pancake blocks what a waste. Put him in the Kwame Harris category. Drafting late 1st round lineman has not been good to us except for Staley

I called that he would be a bust. Another "powerful" run blocker who couldn't pass protect. To be fair, I didn't know he would be THIS bad. I was pissed when the Cardinals traded for Chandler Jones because the 49ers could have easily offered more for Jones. IIRC, the Cardinals offered their very late 2nd round pick and I would have offered the niners early 2nd round pick. But unfortunately, the niners used their 2nd round pick to move up to select this Garnett. However, If the 49ers would have stood pat, I would have much rather had Cody Whitehair. He was the superior pass blocking center. I think he's doing well.

To be fair, I thought Kwame Harris would be a beast.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Oct 20, 2020 at 8:24 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IT'S never too late... give him another look and see if he's improved !!

I don't see how it's gonna hurt by bringing him in, we did w/Dontae Johnson... did we not ???
Share 49ersWebzone