LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

The New "Enhanced Logo" Tampa Bay Bucs Helmet

Shop 49ers game tickets

The New "Enhanced Logo" Tampa Bay Bucs Helmet

I think they are dope
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

That decal is WAY too big. Looks like it is the full size decal, but placed on a mini-helmet. The logo should only be a small portion of the helmet, like the way the "SF" fits perfectly on the Niners helmet. The only ones I agree with are bengals, rams and vikings. rams and vikings horns would look totally stupid if it was just a normal sized decal. And by the way, steelers, reach into your pockets and buy a decal for both sides of the helmet. Don't be so damn cheap.
Aside from being 200% too large, is there any other difference to the actual logo?
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
Ahhhhh bottom line is that they're the same ole lowly Bucs. Lol

This.

Don't try to distract us with a new design. We still know you suck, Tampa Bay.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Feb 21, 2014 at 2:02 PM ]
It looks retarded...not sure what's going on in Tampa Bay, but they need better players, not a bigger logo.
Well, you see Florida has a lot of retirees, and old folks don't see so well, the team is just trying to be fan friendly, as some fans were unable to make this logo out on their 1964 19 inch zenith black and white TV's.
As others have said, I think the Niners' helmet logo is fine and perfectly proportioned as it is....I DO think they ought to crank up the shade of red in the decals a little bit brighter as from AFAR, it looks too dark and doesn't match the shade of red on the jerseys (especially in night games).

Chrome gold helmet shells and facemasks would be too gaudy IMO...plus the recent NFL rule change (to "prevent head injuries/concussions" from unbroken-in helmets ) disallowing different colored helmets for throwbacks/alternate uniforms (unless its close enough to the original, a la, the Rams) makes it a moot point.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:11 PM ]
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Well, you see Florida has a lot of retirees, and old folks don't see so well, the team is just trying to be fan friendly, as some fans were unable to make this logo out on their 1964 19 inch zenith black and white TV's.

LOL reminds me of The Jitterbug cellphone with the giant number pad
So it looks like the helmet took a little blue pill. If they play hard for more than four quarters now do they need to call a doctor?
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

LOL reminds me of The Jitterbug cellphone with the giant number pad

I hear Jitterbug has purchased the naming right to their stadium!

these were rejects from 1997...

Wouldn't it be wise to have a face mask that wasn't reflective?!?
Most of their rejects from 1997 look better than what they're going with now.
Originally posted by spizzy:
I think they are dope

+1
top left 97 reject is best reject
Share 49ersWebzone