LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

The New "Enhanced Logo" Tampa Bay Bucs Helmet

Shop 49ers game tickets

The New "Enhanced Logo" Tampa Bay Bucs Helmet

Horrible. Nike must be behind this somehow. Any time I see ugly in a uniform, I smell Nike. I know Riddell makes the helmets, but Nike designs the look, if theyre permitted.

The NFL just seems to be rapidly moving towards a point where the game gets softer and weaker, the players hands' are tied by the rules, and the uniforms get weird modern makeovers. First Seattle, then Jacksonville, now TB with the weird looking "futuristic" uni's.

The Bucs should change their colors to black, red, and pewter. Pirate teams need black as a major color.
I think they should have gone all in on the metalic and done the flag too. Darker red in a metalic shade would have made it look less pasted on. Nike has a fascination with flat colors against neons and metalics in their design department and it looks stupid. Cant say I am surprised their shoes have mostly looked like they were colored/designed by ten year olds for a while now. Football Helmets/uniforms should be designed by guys who paint hot rods or draw comic books...not idiots who are more concerned with "fashion" than what actually looks good.
Now I'm afraid the NFL is going to ruin our helmet and uniform i really hope we are not one of the teams that do this because for the most part these new uniforms and logos are terrible.
Originally posted by Raul98:
Now I'm afraid the NFL is going to ruin our helmet and uniform i really hope we are not one of the teams that do this because for the most part these new uniforms and logos are terrible.

The 49ers would need to make the request for the change. The league doesn't influence change, only approves.
I always like the original buccaneer....never was a big fan of the logo and the awful grey pants....
I don't think it is horrible for them
Ugly then - Ugly now.
That really does look like s**t. Which dumbass thought it was a good idea to make something that big on a frickin' football helmet. It covers the entire f***ing helmet and looks stupid is all s**t. The end.
man that thing is ugly..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k the bucs

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Raul98:

The 49ers would need to make the request for the change. The league doesn't influence change, only approves.
Did the Bucs pick this design then or did the NFL pick it? cause it's pretty terrible.
  • hps49
  • Veteran
I bet when it's all put together with the new uniform, it will look sweet. The chrome facemasks are a first and look pretty awesome.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
TOO BIG!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Originally posted by jimrat:

I like this.

Definitely better than what they rolled out. Also, Sapp pointed out that "the skull looks meaner, with its sloping brow"

A whole lot of build up on Total Access for a very minor update to the size of the logo and adding an Oregon style facemask/shell finish.

Skull looks like it has a comb-over
Share 49ersWebzone