LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

CB Marcus Cooper was a Niner

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:

Did you even see the game? It was a great pick by Cooper at a crucial time in the game for the Chiefs late in the 4th and that after a fumble TD recovery.

Losing Cooper is looking more and more like another Baalke blunder.

Don't let the coaching staff off the hook. Baalke wouldn't cut that guy if the staff ranked Cooper higher.

I think the staff has too much of a crush on vets. I'm not even mad at them in this case. If anything, I'd probably have found a way to keep Cooper simply because of position. It's hard to get good corners in the NFL. What I wonder is if they thought he was NFL ready, but were trying to sneak him onto the practice squad or did they think he needed more development.

I think they gamble with "hoping" guys slide to the practice squad a bit too much. Seen it twice already this year with Cooper and BJ.

Means a lot of people are keeping eyes on the rosters of one bonehead Trent Baalke. Or just maybe Trent is good at what he does thus his discards are other peoples treasure
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Means a lot of people are keeping eyes on the rosters of one bonehead Trent Baalke. Or just maybe Trent is good at what he does thus his discards are other peoples treasure

or it just means some seventh round picks simply aren't going to make our deep roster. Not the first time and it won't be the last.
Originally posted by Hopper:
or it just means some seventh round picks simply aren't going to make our deep roster. Not the first time and it won't be the last.

and they knew that on draft day and had the options to make some more trades but didn't..
Originally posted by kazak13:
and they knew that on draft day and had the options to make some more trades but didn't..

The pick Cooper was taken with was a compensatory pick. Those can't be traded.
He'll be another Daven Holly, he'll look good for a little bit, get cut, then never be heard of again.
He also scored the touchdown on the punt that the Titans kicked.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

That's pretty much exactly what he was saying
For those that kicked the staff for letting go of Cooper, praise them for the development of Tramaine Brock.
For those that kicked the staff for letting go of Cooper, praise them for the development of Tramaine Brock.

amen!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

amen!

my way of looking at is that I'd rather have him and Brock than Nnamdi but I know that is an uninformed opinion because we don't know the kind of impact that Nnamdi is having in terms of leadership and being a mentor for players like Brock.

uh cooper who? chill out guys.. we have tremaine brock haha .. players come and go... be happy with your team
Reading this article ( Link ) felt worse than getting kicked in the nuts.
Originally posted by kush:

should of cut nnamdi
Originally posted by stunder49:
Originally posted by kush:

should of cut nnamdi

Yeah we messed this one up. It eases the pain with how well Brock is playing but still sucks we had a young stud in our grasp and let him go.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
He'll be another Daven Holly, he'll look good for a little bit, get cut, then never be heard of again.

Lol I did forget about that guy. He had some ligament injuries to his knee though that may have contributed to his decline.
Share 49ersWebzone