LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

CB Marcus Cooper was a Niner

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
he getting exposed
He got torched today. I think he was left in single coverage a lot, but he was schooled badly.
Can everybody stfu about losing Cooper now, he is getting picked on weekly and successfully getting torched every week.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for 808niner4lyphe.
Originally posted by sfout:
well he had a pick today

Yeah, he also gave up 6 big plays including 2 TDs... you do the math.
worst cb ever
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Can everybody stfu about losing Cooper now, he is getting picked on weekly and successfully getting torched every week.

And common sense returns to the Cooper thread!
Originally posted by English:

This.

You guys remember Daven Holly? 2005 7th rounder. Cut by us, picked up by the Browns. He made a few INTs and people were bummed about losing him. Out of the league in 3 years lol.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by English:

This.

You guys remember Daven Holly? 2005 7th rounder. Cut by us, picked up by the Browns. He made a few INTs and people were bummed about losing him. Out of the league in 3 years lol.

To counter that point, do you remember Joselio Hanson? Cut by a total crap 49ers team, and then went on to be one of the best nickel corners in the NFL for the Eagles.
Cooper has indeed struggled mightily. Not too worried. Young CBs on the field are always learning through painful mistakes, so it really comes down to his mental makeup and determination to improve. He was looking like a FREE first rd pick a month ago... now, he looks like the many mid-rd selections that need to clean their game up. Still a nice and free player gained for KC, and they really needed a CB to replace Dunta. Once Justin Houston gets healthy, the pass rush will improve, and that will help the secondary. I still think Cooper has what it takes to be a quality starter or # 3.
Brock + Brown + Wright + Rogers = Who the Hell is Cooper ???

With the emergence of T.Brock, IDGAF about Cooper.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
He got roasted yesterday. I felt bad for him.
yesterday when eric wright got hurt, they hadd to bring darryl morris in for a bit---he gave up 1 catch for a 3rd down conversion though the coverage wasnt bad...id rather have cooper in such scenario---sure cooper got roasted by payton but many cbs do...i still remember jerry rice beating falcons cb charles dimry for 5 tds from joe montana years ago
Originally posted by hofer36:
yesterday when eric wright got hurt, they hadd to bring darryl morris in for a bit---he gave up 1 catch for a 3rd down conversion though the coverage wasnt bad...id rather have cooper in such scenario---sure cooper got roasted by payton but many cbs do...i still remember jerry rice beating falcons cb charles dimry for 5 tds from joe montana years ago

Hopefully, both of these young corners can be excellent starters some day soon.
One of my favorite threads, due to its ridiculousness :D
Share 49ersWebzone