There are 176 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

There's nothing wrong with liking the game of football and being a fan of the Niners. I was a Niners fan in the since the 80's. But I also started to follow the budding offense of the Bills with Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Reed. Nice to watch good offensive football when they became a total buzz saw in the NFL. I watched these teams because I appreciated some aspect or part of that team. Doesn't mean that I'm a fan of that team to the degree that I'm a Niners.

That's like saying I'm a Niners fan, so I won't watch the KC vs. Denver on MNF with Elways and Montana. Holy s**t! You've missed a helluva game
Bottom line is: I have my faithful and delicious wife (SF) for many years... and now I have a mistress (KC) that I can also fornicate with, but not throw heavy commitment into.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Bottom line is: I have my faithful and delicious wife (SF) for many years... and now I have a mistress (KC) that I can also fornicate with, but not throw heavy commitment into.

There are 30 other teams you can cheat with
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Well, I'll be sure and let you know if I add another or different mistress... since you are so very interested.

Well, I'll be sure and let you know if I add another or different mistress... since you are so very interested.
just messing with you, I know it's not the Chiefs that all of a sudden sparked your interest in them

just messing with you, I know it's not the Chiefs that all of a sudden sparked your interest in them

What difference does it really make?
  • dj43
Like McGib, I also watch a lot of football. I love the Xs and Os and tearing part what teams are doing, or not doing, to be successful (or fail). So, I watch the 49ers and then watch as many other games as I can during the weekend and week. Having been a 49er fan for four decades, I have no other team that attracts me like they do. Even during the Donahue years I still went to the 'stick every game.

In the meantime, I have always had a couple other teams that drew my interest. My father and a lot of his family, grew up in Wisconsin so the Packers have always been one of those teams. Most of the time it was geography but sometimes it was just the excitement of wondering what crazy stunt Favre was going to pull off next. Now, it is because Aaron Rodgers and his Nor Cal connection, interests me, along with the fact I like him as a person. He is a good guy. Given a choice, I will still watch the Packers as opposed to any other game (49ers excepted) because I love the way the offense plays and think Mike McCarthy is one of the best play callers in the league. Not perfect, but very good. I don't see anyone better. I can learn from watching them play.

Having lived in Colorado for three years, I watched the Broncos during the early Elway years. Fun. Now, I could care less but their defensive line play and Manning are interesting.

Back in earlier times I followed the Browns because I like Bernie Kozar. UGH. Hard to think of that now, but he was an "efficient" QB that made his team better.

After Justin Smiley (another guy I liked) went to Miami, I followed them when I could. Same went for other ex-49ers on other teams. It was interesting to me to see how they did other places. It gave me a yardstick with which to compare the 49ers.

All the while, my cash and my first allegiance was to the 49ers. Never wavered, even in the lean years. Even though Erickson disgusted me, I was there.

Now, Alex Smith, another guy I like, is in KC. This situation has far more on the line for me, and, I believe it should for others as well, because of the draft implications. However, more than that, I like the team that KC has around him on offense. The defense is vastly under-rated. I believe it will be an exciting team to watch as Smith has a very good season. I believe the fan letter linked above is right on. That team is a cinch to win 9+ games if no major injuries to key players like Bowe or Charles. As the off-season has progressed, even some of the more pessimistic KC fans are warming up to him and allowing themselves some hope they have not had for decades.

It's gonna be a good year ahead.
As some of you may know, I was a Raider's fan first and a 9er's fan 2nd. I liked both teams growing up. They were BOTH the home team. When the Raiders went to LA it was just about the 9ers and has been ever since. Having played the game for a bit in high school, My interest goes beyond the team but to the X & Os. In addition, the introduction of the salary cap has made players more likely to go from team to team. Back in the day, if you rooted for a player, odds are he was with that team for his career. I understand why a lot of people don't root for players now..but I've been watching long enough that I still feel loyalty to players I like.

When Montana left the 9ers I certainly rooted for KC when they weren't playing the 9ers. BTW, just for reference you should look up how many people cheered for Montana when he played against the 9ers. I rooted for Jerry when he went to the Raiders..and that was hard to do because I really don't like the raiders. I could list a number of other players like Lott & Craig who also went over to the Raiders..So by the same token, I find no issue at all in rooting for KC again now that Alex is there.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

What difference does it really make?

Exactly.........
  • Jiks

In your analogy, you are disrespecting your wife to say the very least.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Maybe she should consider herself lucky that I keep her around at all then... ... either way, my allegiances are none of your or 49's business. Keep it about football and not other posters. Isn't that the forum theme?

Maybe she should consider herself lucky that I keep her around at all then... ... either way, my allegiances are none of your or 49's business. Keep it about football and not other posters. Isn't that the forum theme?

YOU are the one discussing your allegiances. I only pointed something out about the analogy you made.

YOU are the one discussing your allegiances. I only pointed something out about the analogy you made.

Lets move on.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Share 49ersWebzone