LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

its hard to say. Alex made our D alot better by keeping them off the field, if he played anything like he did against GB in the opener last year then i would say yes.
As far as the 2011 superbowl yes he would have beaten the Pats and kept our superbowl winning % intact.
Originally posted by Alexdontlivehere:
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
If Kyle dosnt GIVE the GAME away we win the bowl. And when Alex goes down the last year there is no way harbaugh replaces a superbowl winning QB with an unproven. the fanbase or owners wouldnt let it happen .. And yes Alex would have gotten us to the bowl last year and won.
So Alex would of won at N.O, N.E, Atl. and would of overcame poor defense and special teams in the Superbowl?

In case either of you have forgotten, this subject has been debated ad nauseum around here. Please stop hijacking this thread.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Jaworski:

It was a great move by Andy Reid to acquire Smith. "The defining element of Smith's play is efficiency. He executes the offense the way it's designed, and he makes very few mistakes. Last season – for the second year in a row – he was exceptional on first down. In 2012 he led the NFL in first-down passing, with a quarterback rating of 119. Much of it came off play-action, or in the case of the 49ers, hard run-action out of base personnel. There was no better play-action quarterback last season than Smith. He had a quarterback rating of over 132. "Smith has been outstanding out of multiple tight end personnel over the last couple of seasons. No quarterback has thrown the ball more with three tight ends on the field. You don't see that very often in today's NFL.

not bad for bottom tier
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Jaworski:

It was a great move by Andy Reid to acquire Smith. "The defining element of Smith's play is efficiency. He executes the offense the way it's designed, and he makes very few mistakes. Last season – for the second year in a row – he was exceptional on first down. In 2012 he led the NFL in first-down passing, with a quarterback rating of 119. Much of it came off play-action, or in the case of the 49ers, hard run-action out of base personnel. There was no better play-action quarterback last season than Smith. He had a quarterback rating of over 132. "Smith has been outstanding out of multiple tight end personnel over the last couple of seasons. No quarterback has thrown the ball more with three tight ends on the field. You don't see that very often in today's NFL.

not bad for bottom tier
yeah not bad at all.. I love how surprised some of our fan base was when we netted 2 2nd rnders for him. He will do well there and give manning a run for his money.
Originally posted by Alexdontlivehere:
Originally posted by hofer36:
i think you got more problems than that
Maybe If I was a Alex lover that would solve a lot of my issues.

thanks for proving my point
its hard to say. Alex made our D alot better by keeping them off the field, if he played anything like he did against GB in the opener last year then i would say yes.
As far as the 2011 superbowl yes he would have beaten the Pats and kept our superbowl winning % intact.

LOL...disagree with everything in this post.
Jaworski:

wish he was better on 3rd down
Cheifs win the division. I have forseen it (emperor voice)
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

Color me shocked.

x2

Originally posted by Jakemall:

Color me shocked.

Color me shocked.

LOL, what about the defense consistently forcing turnovers and helping the offense with short fields all year long in 2011?

You don't remember our defense leading the league in takeaways and our special teams being #1 in the league? Is that the result of Alex Smith's play?

You guys really think Smith could've overcome the 17-0 deficit in Atlanta without the defense forcing 5 turnovers?

I really like Smith. He is an efficient passer, great teammate, smart quarterback. But can we please get over this b******t? Please, he is no longer the QB of OUR 49ers...we are better off going in this new direction with an actual franchise quarterback in CK7.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Color me shocked.

LOL, what about the defense consistently forcing turnovers and helping the offense with short fields all year long in 2011?

You don't remember our defense leading the league in takeaways and our special teams being #1 in the league? Is that the result of Alex Smith's play?

You guys really think Smith could've overcome the 17-0 deficit in Atlanta without the defense forcing 5 turnovers?

I really like Smith. He is an efficient passer, great teammate, smart quarterback. But can we please get over this b******t? Please, he is no longer the QB of OUR 49ers...we are better off going in this new direction with an actual franchise quarterback in CK7.

Not going to ask again. Warn and lock.
Originally posted by aTx49er:

Color me shocked.

Share 49ersWebzone