LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ed Reed just snagged his 60th pick last Sunday...he's still the man. Dashon has definitely improved his game, no question. But to say he's the top FS now is a stretch.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Ed Reed just snagged his 60th pick last Sunday...he's still the man. Dashon has definitely improved his game, no question. But to say he's the top FS now is a stretch.

well if a team had to chose any FS to give a high price contract to, right now....with all these players in their current form....I think many teams would choose Dashon, because of age (prime), ability to stay healthy, size, and experience....all that added to his Pro Bowl skill, when compared to other FS's.
He's top 3 IMO
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
While overpaid, I feel Eric Weddle is better.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This thread cracks me up. Last year at the end of the year I said to "Franchise Dashon Goldson." I even made a thread like that. I was told "he's not that good." "He just had one lucky year." People were laughing it off. But they are not laughing anymore. He's totally elite. He's 6'2", strong, fast, big hitter, ballhawk, catches everything that hits his hands like a WR, and still in his 20's. You don't let a guy like that go. It would be stupid.

overrated

overrated?
funny how we underrate rate our Probowl players around here, but overrate our non-probowl players.

like Dixon?
Yes the Hawk is the best all around safety in the league

Pay the man!!!!!!
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Nov 8, 2012 at 11:44 AM ]

well if a team had to chose any FS to give a high price contract to, right now....with all these players in their current form....I think many teams would choose Dashon, because of age (prime), ability to stay healthy, size, and experience....all that added to his Pro Bowl skill, when compared to other FS's.

This.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This thread cracks me up. Last year at the end of the year I said to "Franchise Dashon Goldson." I even made a thread like that. I was told "he's not that good." "He just had one lucky year." People were laughing it off. But they are not laughing anymore. He's totally elite. He's 6'2", strong, fast, big hitter, ballhawk, catches everything that hits his hands like a WR, and still in his 20's. You don't let a guy like that go. It would be stupid.

overrated

overrated?
funny how we underrate rate our Probowl players around here, but overrate our non-probowl players.

like Dixon?

continue.....

Agreed.

Before I felt we had to chose between Bowman and Goldson. Now, I say find a way to keep both. I wish there were a salary cap credit we could get for all of those years of being under.
Originally posted by 49erha:
At the moment yes, he never gets beat deep, and he is as sure of a tackler as anyone else so yeah.

This.

Ed does well in coverage, but he can't lay the wood like Goldson, which causes fumbles and dropsies.

And as good as Ed is/was, I wonder how much he's living off his past play vs. actual play now. I really dont know as I dont watch a lot of the Ravens.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Ed does well in coverage, but he can't lay the wood like Goldson, which causes fumbles and dropsies.

And as good as Ed is/was, I wonder how much he's living off his past play vs. actual play now. I really dont know as I dont watch a lot of the Ravens.

Ed Reed intercepted 60 balls this year? We talk'n about this year or all years. Goldson is easily a top if not the top FS this year.

A stretch? No, not at all. Ed Reed is past his prime. INTs aren't everything. I'd argue that Goldson is more rangy then him now and DEFINITELY a better tackler. Remember, Goldson actually helps out in the run.

some of y'all had me worried but MM put my worries to rest in his latest article on Goldson. He ain't going no where next year. Dude is my favorite niner right now. Beast. I would not want any other FS.
He improved towards the end of last year. This year, he's been making tackles upfront, making plays, and solid in coverage. Would hate to see him go next year. In some ways, being in this defense help him to where he is too. Might not be as good if he goes to another team.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He improved towards the end of last year. This year, he's been making tackles upfront, making plays, and solid in coverage. Would hate to see him go next year. In some ways, being in this defense help him to where he is too. Might not be as good if he goes to another team.

Why do you say that? I think he will be good anywhere he goes.
Share 49ersWebzone