There are 343 users in the forums

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
does anyone know if he still wears the green dot? Or did they give that back to Willis?

i'm pretty sure willis has worn that since it's invention. He's always the one calling the play in the huddle. But I do recall a time when they handed it to someone else.... don't remember why though.

Because it was too much of a distraction for him at the time. But your, right. I see him calling the plays in the huddle, so I'd have to imagine he wears the dot.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
if you take Goldson out Fangio's system then we'll have a arguement, he wasn't playing like this under Singeltary, he was getting burnt left and right
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
if you take Goldson out Fangio's system then we'll have a arguement, he wasn't playing like this under Singeltary, he was getting burnt left and right

You could say that about any player until they have a chance to prove otherwise. It still takes a good player to execute a system at a high level
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Wilson isn't very good...Goldson's raked in more INTS in 3.5 years then Wilson has in 7.5 lol

Interceptions isn't everything.

I think Goldson's become a top 10 safety, top 5 free safety. His coverage skills this season have been tremendous. He keeps playing like this for the rest of the season and there's no way he doesn't get a monster contract by someone in the offseason. Easily the best safety play I've seen in SF since Tony Parrish
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SR49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
a healthy Reed is still the best

Eric Berry is a rising star on a s**tty team

Earl Thomas is very very good

Troy is overrated IMO

Troy plays SS, and when a team has to account for you every time you are on the field, that says a lot about your play. teams game plan against #43.
still think Troy is overrated

Hey, you may think he's overrated, but he's still the best strong safety in this league. Like him or not...
Well, here is the thing, he knows the niners system and his teammates and although he is not perfect he does the right thing more than 90+ % of the time. Also, I doubt you are going to find someone like him in FA. The draft? Not likely since the niners draft position is weak now that we are a playoff team.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Well, here is the thing, he knows the niners system and his teammates and although he is not perfect he does the right thing more than 90+ % of the time. Also, I doubt you are going to find someone like him in FA. The draft? Not likely since the niners draft position is weak now that we are a playoff team.

It's really really hard to find elite safeties. I hope we can somehow lock Goldson down, but we can't keep everybody. Bowman's gets paid after 2013 and Aldon after 2014. Not to mention do we extend Justin Smith?
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
On a side note, why in the blue hell is Goldson only an 86 overall with only 86 speed in Madden?! Preposterous!

That's what I'm sayin. I know it's just a game and means nothing, but I'd have him at least 92 overall.

Anyway, Ed Reed is still the best FS in the NFL. However, I have a feeling WRs would much rather go against Reed (or any other FS) than Goldson because Goldson will annihilate them over the middle.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
That's what I'm sayin. I know it's just a game and means nothing, but I'd have him at least 92 overall.

Anyway, Ed Reed is still the best FS in the NFL. However, I have a feeling WRs would much rather go against Reed (or any other FS) than Goldson because Goldson will annihilate them over the middle.

Ed Reed is washed up, he is still good because he is smart, but he is not even close to the best. Maybe top 15?
Eric Weddle is the best FS in the NFL. But Goldson is probably 2 or 3 ATM. Reed (like Ray Lewis was before he got hurt) is getting by on rep. He's still good, but no longer elite. And neither is Polamalu, but that's obvious because he can't get on the field.

Roman Harper is sure making a case tonight........ dude is horrible.
top 7
Yes
I do believe he is at least the top 3 safety in the league. Would really like to see him sign with the 49ers and stay here for a long time.
All around, he is the best in the NFL. He can hit like a linebacker and is a ballhawk.
Share 49ersWebzone