LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 360 users in the forums

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
He is one of the better ones for sure, can't really think of one I would trade him for unless it was Ed Reed in his prime, but I am a homer when it comes to my Niners.
I remember discussing when best to put him in being a backup that he was. He came a long way. I can't remember the starter at the time. They were so forgettable. Michael Lewis and Mark Roman(?)
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He is one of the better ones for sure, can't really think of one I would trade him for unless it was Ed Reed in his prime, but I am a homer when it comes to my Niners.

What's interesting is that he tested the market and teams didn't bite. One could say that our Corners are so good to the point where Goldson gets assignments that allow him to sprint to other spots of the field.

But still, can't deny his speed and ability to get to the ball.
Originally posted by Joecool:
What's interesting is that he tested the market and teams didn't bite. One could say that our Corners are so good to the point where Goldson gets assignments that allow him to sprint to other spots of the field.

But still, can't deny his speed and ability to get to the ball.

The only issue I have with him is he sometimes gets caught out of position.
This thread cracks me up. Last year at the end of the year I said to "Franchise Dashon Goldson." I even made a thread like that. I was told "he's not that good." "He just had one lucky year." People were laughing it off. But they are not laughing anymore. He's totally elite. He's 6'2", strong, fast, big hitter, ballhawk, catches everything that hits his hands like a WR, and still in his 20's. You don't let a guy like that go. It would be stupid.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This thread cracks me up. Last year at the end of the year I said to "Franchise Dashon Goldson." I even made a thread like that. I was told "he's not that good." "He just had one lucky year." People were laughing it off. But they are not laughing anymore. He's totally elite. He's 6'2", strong, fast, big hitter, ballhawk, catches everything that hits his hands like a WR, and still in his 20's. You don't let a guy like that go. It would be stupid.

overrated
Originally posted by RonMexico:

overrated

overrated?
funny how we underrate rate our Probowl players around here, but overrate our non-probowl players.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by RonMexico:

overrated

overrated?
funny how we underrate rate our Probowl players around here, but overrate our non-probowl players.

He's not overrated. He's easily one of the best.
I'm not sold on him being the best. He seems reckless. Maybe I'm still hurting from the Jimmy Graham TD in the Saints game last January.

I wouldn't say he was a one year player. I have said that the season before last year he was injured, but the season before that, he played very well. I felt he was a good player, the big question was injuries. Now the question is the amount of money he is worth.

Originally posted by SmileyJetson:
It's really really hard to find elite safeties. I hope we can somehow lock Goldson down, but we can't keep everybody. Bowman's gets paid after 2013 and Aldon after 2014. Not to mention do we extend Justin Smith?

Wait, I thought Bowman's contract is up after this year? And I thought we signed Aldon to a five year deal?
Originally posted by WildBill:

I wouldn't say he was a one year player. I have said that the season before last year he was injured, but the season before that, he played very well. I felt he was a good player, the big question was injuries. Now the question is the amount of money he is worth.

It's going to be more expensive now.

Odds are one more year tagged while we groom this coming years first round pick to replace him. It all comes down to whether he is about winning or getting paid a little more to be a redskin.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Odds are one more year tagged while we groom this coming years first round pick to replace him. It all comes down to whether he is about winning or getting paid a little more to be a redskin.

I would tag one more and still try to sign him long term also.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
overrated?

Yeah I'm tired of the endless arguing and over-hyping of Daniel Kilgore

Share 49ersWebzone