There are 213 users in the forums

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Heycierra:
Stupid post? It's true. He gets fined and can't tackle worth a s**t unless he hits them helmet-to-helmet. I think he's a BA, don't get me wrong. But, not the best in the league and needs to learn how to hit so we don't give the other team's offense 15 free yards.

Not the best in the league? Lol First team all-pro says what?

lol cant believe people still hate on Goldson

He hits hard, its not his fault the NFL is becoming gay and fining players for hitting hard. He's a great player, best safety in the league.

This.

Anyone remember that Pats game? Dashon mercked Hernandez on a seam route and got called for hitting a defenseless receiver, although he seemed like a clean hit to me. What happens the very next play? Brady throws a quick screen to Hernandez, who somewhat alligator arms the pass, and Aldon Smith comes up with an INT. I'll take one 15 yard penalty a game from Goldson with the fear he strikes into opposing receivers.

Is he the best? Arguable. But he's definitely top3.

It wasn't a clean hit. It was an illegal hit - the flag was correct and so was the fine afterwards. The hit he put on Doucet was perfect and clean. That's an example of how to hit at any level of football.

But, I've no problem with it. He is the best safety in NFL - and he needs to continue delivering hard-hits to the players. Sometimes it will lead to helmet-to-helmet hits or hitting a defenseless player with a helmet - but the fear it puts on opposing receivers is priceless.

He will be franchised once again. The tag will be $7.5M and he is worth paying that much. I'd like a long term deal, but I've no problem with him getting a tag and playing another season under that. A 4-5 year deal of $30-35M will be great.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
It wasn't a clean hit. It was an illegal hit - the flag was correct and so was the fine afterwards. The hit he put on Doucet was perfect and clean. That's an example of how to hit at any level of football.

But, I've no problem with it. He is the best safety in NFL - and he needs to continue delivering hard-hits to the players. Sometimes it will lead to helmet-to-helmet hits or hitting a defenseless player with a helmet - but the fear it puts on opposing receivers is priceless.

He will be franchised once again. The tag will be $7.5M and he is worth paying that much. I'd like a long term deal, but I've no problem with him getting a tag and playing another season under that. A 4-5 year deal of $30-35M will be great.

We have to do what we have to do to keep this guy. I don't want to risk seeing our defense without another pro-bowl safety in there. He helps our defense give it's attitude and is one of the most intimidating safety's in the league.
I'd say he's getting there. He's improved his tackling skills and I can't remember the last time he's blown coverage. Combine that with his ball skills, speed and hitting ability and I think you at least have a top 3 FS.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Lol what a stupid post

But not entirely innacurrate I dont think hes a dirty player but he has cost us alot of yard in penalties this year, and cost himself quite a bit of money in fines.

No dollar amount could ever be placed on the fear he puts in the opposition.

He's as close as you can get to a Ronnie Lott in today's game. Ronnie had better cover skills, but as an aggressive player, I'd put them very close. Even Ronnie couldn't do what he used to do in today's game...rules are different.
any good FS in the 2013 draft class?
Top 3
Was out car shopping yesterday and our salesman who was a Bears fan couldn't remember Dashon's name but did nothing but rave about him. He agreed with me; PAY THE MAN!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
yes
IMO his #1 right now and the most feared by rivals..... PAY THE MAN!
after he picks off ryan twice on sunday the world will know!!!

he is in the opinion of the AP.... He made All-Pro first team this year.
  • thl408
He will be tested early and often this weekend versus Jones/White. A nice bone jarring hit will make these guys think twice about entering his territory. QBs haven't tested the deep middle often this year and I'd like to assume it is due to Goldson's range (wish I had All-22 view to see). Ryan won't care, he will test Goldson's range.
The top FS's are aging so he may be the best. He has ideal size and range, I would just like to see him play smarter.
I wonder how long before he accidentally kills somebody with that mad tackle. It'll be fun til then. Guy's a monster.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I wonder how long before he accidentally kills somebody with that mad tackle. It'll be fun til then. Guy's a monster.

If Lott never killed anyone no way will Goldson. Especially with the rules these days. I pray nobody ever gets killed playing an nfl game.
Share 49ersWebzone