LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 150 users in the forums

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
PAY THIS MAN!!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
PAY THIS MAN!!

well experts believe he is.....I believe that is what being 1st team All Pro means right? The best at your position?
No. He makes plays, but I honestly think he's a dirty player and causes the other team to receive free yards with his helmet-to-helmet hits and unnecessary roughness calls.
Originally posted by Heycierra:
No. He makes plays, but I honestly think he's a dirty player and causes the other team to receive free yards with his helmet-to-helmet hits and unnecessary roughness calls.

Lol what a stupid post
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Lol what a stupid post

But not entirely innacurrate I dont think hes a dirty player but he has cost us alot of yard in penalties this year, and cost himself quite a bit of money in fines.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Lol what a stupid post

But not entirely innacurrate I dont think hes a dirty player but he has cost us alot of yard in penalties this year, and cost himself quite a bit of money in fines.

No dollar amount could ever be placed on the fear he puts in the opposition.
Lol what a stupid post

Stupid post? It's true. He gets fined and can't tackle worth a s**t unless he hits them helmet-to-helmet. I think he's a BA, don't get me wrong. But, not the best in the league and needs to learn how to hit so we don't give the other team's offense 15 free yards.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
No dollar amount could ever be placed on the fear he puts in the opposition.

He gets what I'm saying
[ Edited by Heycierra on Jan 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM ]
Stupid post? It's true. He gets fined and can't tackle worth a s**t unless he hits them helmet-to-helmet. I think he's a BA, don't get me wrong. But, not the best in the league and needs to learn how to hit so we don't give the other team's offense 15 free yards.

Not the best in the league? Lol First team all-pro says what?

lol cant believe people still hate on Goldson

He hits hard, its not his fault the NFL is becoming gay and fining players for hitting hard. He's a great player, best safety in the league.

OK, once again, I think he's a BA. Dude can hit, is fast, makes INT's...BUT, I'm sick and tired of the opposing offense getting 15 free yards bc he decides he wants to hit a guy who's already down or that he wants to bash his helmet into the other guy's helmet. I'm sick of giving away yards, and I feel like every time there's a flag, I look DG's way. All I am saying. I am not saying he shouldn't be on first team all-pro, but he needs to quit giving away free yards esp during playoffs
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

He hits hard, its not his fault the NFL is becoming gay and fining players for hitting hard. He's a great player, best safety in the league.

This.

Anyone remember that Pats game? Dashon mercked Hernandez on a seam route and got called for hitting a defenseless receiver, although he seemed like a clean hit to me. What happens the very next play? Brady throws a quick screen to Hernandez, who somewhat alligator arms the pass, and Aldon Smith comes up with an INT. I'll take one 15 yard penalty a game from Goldson with the fear he strikes into opposing receivers.

Is he the best? Arguable. But he's definitely top3.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

I agree with you. Roger Goodell is a b***h and I say let them play football.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
This.

Anyone remember that Pats game? Dashon mercked Hernandez on a seam route and got called for hitting a defenseless receiver, although he seemed like a clean hit to me. What happens the very next play? Brady throws a quick screen to Hernandez, who somewhat alligator arms the pass, and Aldon Smith comes up with an INT. I'll take one 15 yard penalty a game from Goldson with the fear he strikes into opposing receivers.

Is he the best? Arguable. But he's definitely top3.

I do remember that and I agree all the way. I also noticed they can be playing a 2 deep zone and he can still come up and make a tackle on a running back for only a two yard gain. That is speed and recognition.
Share 49ersWebzone