LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 160 users in the forums

Sources: Maurice Jones-Drew open to trade!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Reread the post i edit, Ted Thompson doesn't own the team, the fans do... We went nuts over Jim, if they go nuts over MJD it's game over, an Ted will make that trade. Watch out for the mob, he doesn't an they get knocked out after one game in the playoffs, it will be Ted Thompson who will have his head on the line, an your not going to get a Top back in the bottom of the draft, an they have a better chance to trade for MJD than to trade up to get one... Same with the pats, they can't find tom a running game either, because they always pick so late....

Another example, Dan Marino, you can have the greatest qb ever on your team, but without a running game your one dimensional an teams will stop the run, force the pass an eat you alive...

Another example, Niners, we stop the run, we force teams to be one dimensional an pass, which is why we win so many dam games last season.

Sometimes you have to take a risk, an in this case, MJD risk is very very small risk, an the payoff could be hugh. Come on trade a 1st or even 2 seconds for a running back that gets your another SUPERBOWL WIN, or get knocked out of the playoffs, because if the packers play us without him, were going to stop the run, and let aldon and justin an raymac, an brooks go to town on Aarons ass.

I hope they don't do the trade, that just makes it easier for us to get a shot for another Ring ourselves..

The Packers fan have no say in roster moves. If Ted Thompson sees fit to trade for him then he will, if it's a steep price, for a almost 30 year old back, a 1st is way way too much. He is gonna slow down. He has been the workhorse for a few years, it all goes downhill fast for those backs.

Well they may not make the roster moves, an we had no control over getting jim... RIGHT! It's a mob, he's 27 less wear on his body than any other running back. An Gore hasn't slowed down an he's had 2 knees blown, an a hip fracture.

Fine lets end this 30 year old wall right now!!!

There are a very select few running backs that have broken through the 30-year-old wall, but no back has ever rushed for more than 1,000 yards in three seasons after their 30th birthday is b******t.

Example, For eight years, George piled up the carries and the yards. Not once in his first eight seasons did he carry the ball fewer than 312 times or rush for fewer than 939 yards. That includes a decent season as a 30-year-old.

Example, Fred Jackson... He's 6'1 215 with pads on lol he's 31

Examples, Walter Payton, Payton ran for over 1,000 yards in 10 of his 13 NFL seasons, with three of those 1,000 yards season occurring when he was ages 30-32. Ricky Williams ran for over 1000 yards at 33... Warrick Dunn, had a surprisingly lengthy career for such a small player at a position that takes a huge beating, Dunn ran for over 1,000 yards in 2005 and 2006 when he was 30 and 31, he's 5'8 an 180... Franco Harris, ran for over 1,000 yards in 1983 when he was 32. Thomas Jones, Jones has run for over 1,000 yards since 2005, with the 2009 season as his best statistically at the age of 31, at 32 in a reduced role ran for 896 yards for the chiefs.

Examples, John Riggins, He ran for over 1,000 yards three times after the age of 30, with his final two coming at the ages of 34 and 35. Tony Dorsett, His last year of rushing for over 1,000 yards came in 1985 when he was 31 years old. Emmitt Smith, He ran for over 1,000 yards from 1999-2001, and in those three years he was ages 30-32.

Examples, Barry Sanders, Ending his career short at the age of 30, Sanders ran for 1,491 yards as a 30-year-old and he would have easily ran for 1,000 yards at 31, 32, and who knows for how long.Tiki Barber, Barber ran for over 1,000 yards in five of his last six years before retiring.The final two years in 2005 and 2006, were indeed his best and he was 30 and 31 respectively.Barber could have continued to run at a high level, but instead called it quits while he was on top of his game.
Examples Marcus Allen amassed 17,654 yards of total offense and scored 145 total touchdowns during his 16 years as a running back. Ricky Watters, In 1999 and 2000, Watters ran for over 1,000 yards when he was 30 and 31 years old. Curtis Martin, Martin ran for over 1,000 yards in 2003 and 2004, when he was 30 and 31, and it should be noted that as a 31-year-old in 2004, Martin ran for nearly 1,700 yards, and in his final season he still got 735 yards.

An last but not least the man who MJD replaced, Fred Taylor, 1,000 yards in 2006 and 2007, when he was 30 and 31 respectively. That man keeped MJD from taking a hugh pounding, an i think has another 3 years before turning 30, plus his body has the pounding of a 25 year olds because of Fred Taylor... O my God did you just watch the berlin wall fall down again.

GoldDigger - "Look at all these old RB's that were still productive when they were 30."

AB & Nick - "Dude, that's all really great, but THE GREEN BAY PACKERS and TED THOMPSON aren't going to pull the trigger regardless of his age."

This is a known thing with the Pack. They never make splashy trades. Again, I could MAYBE see a 2nd and James Jones, but I think it's very unlikely.

Yes good to see you know James Jones as we speak is being shopped, Never say never... Okay lets talk about TED THOMPSON, In terms of making trades, Ted Thompson of the Green Bay Packers does not make many that involve getting players who are currently on NFL rosters. Thompson has only done that on five occasions since 2005, when he became executive vice president,general manager and director of football operations. Thompson also has traded away players. He has done this seven times, with the most impactful being Brett Favre, who was traded to the New York Jets in 2008 for a third-round pick. The only thing Ted an the Packers would not be forced into is a bidding war for players services in free agency, which is not the Thompson way of doing business. Looks like he has no problems trading Picks, Players or for players, he just doesn't like to get into bidding wars over a free agents... So i brought down the wall, now i brought down this theory Ted doesn't have balls to make trades, he's got a player, an some picks to work with, an the cap space to add a player, an not have to fight for him in free agency..

You're using Favre as evidence.

And James Jones isn't being shopped. I mentioned it as a hypothetical.

Goodnight.
The law let casey anthony off with more evidence, that her car smelled like a dead person, daughter had tape on her mouth, if she drowned in a pool why did you put tape on her mouth and put her in the woods, an than tell the cops someone took her, an somehow you could go party the whole time why your daughter is missing... Looked up how to use chloroform, an her mom said she looked it up why she was actually working, but some how hack into her computer at home, but she couldn't even spell the right word that she ment to look up. Lies about the whole thing, even lies about a nanny took her and never report any of this, until well after because her parents caught her in the lie, an than help her cover it up, an said a nanny took her and she was missing. An some nanny with a similar name is now suing her for deframation. If anyone ever need to be killed it should have been her, not a sweet little girl that her mom didn't want to raise, well s**t don't have sex you slut or use protection. I can't see any man ever wanting to father a child with her again, but hey it could happen. This is the preseason, got to talk about something why we wait for the really games that count.

Brett Farve was the packers GOD an could do no wrong, yet he had to balls to shop him, with no idea if Aaron rogers could even do half the job.

He really is though on the trading block haha, he's fourth on the depth chart...They've already been reporting this.

Night I just took my Trazodone, so i should be asleep in about 10 mins, since i just had a small meal before it.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Aug 23, 2012 at 1:20 AM ]
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
BRING HIM HOME JED

Bring the brother home, jed.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
I respected MJD, but I hate players that want more money when they are already on a contract. It's called a contract for a reason

Exactly right!!
Who would we trade? More importantly who? I don't see this happening.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
I respected MJD, but I hate players that want more money when they are already on a contract. It's called a contract for a reason

funny....what do you say when organizations cut players early before their "contacts" are done? Its nice that teams still pay these players right...... oh wait.

This may have already been brought up but, early contact termination is part of the CONTRACT. Its not like the owners are violating the contract. The players are by holding out.
Originally posted by strickac:
Meh, he hindered Jax's offense. They relied too heavily on him. He'll return to the Jags and they'll be a better team for having used this offseason to develop their passing game.

Good RBs are a dime a dozen.

Could not agree more. Good RB's are a dime a dozen. Look at the Patriots, Green Bay, Giants, Colts and New orleans. They do not overpay for RB's and they have the most explosive offenses in the NFL and have won the majority of the superbowls in the past 10 years.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
MJD is not worth a 1st round pick.

there is no way a 27 year old RB is worth a 1st round pick I dont care how great he was last year or that he didn't start his first couple of years.
RBs are done by age 30

top 10 NO WAY
bottom 10 YES WAY

tell me if we lost frank for the year or something bad. didnt have kendall you wouldnt risk giving up that 30th pick for MJD
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Gold Digerrrrr while you have produced examples of running backs doing well after 30, take the total of examples and divide by how many running backs played in the NFL in the 30 years you have went back to pull your examples from. It is a very small percentage. It is safe to say 99% of running backs are shot at 30.
Sorry BUT MJD hates the niners! with a passion
Originally posted by wailers15:

never heard this, but if it's true, i'm sure he changes his mind if Jed pays him $9 mill a year.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 99problems:
top 10 NO WAY
bottom 10 YES WAY

tell me if we lost frank for the year or something bad. didnt have kendall you wouldnt risk giving up that 30th pick for MJD

RBs are dime a dozen. Look how easy we found Kendall Hunter in the 4th round, Id never spend a 1st on a RB unless it was a 24 year old stud (which would never happen)
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by 99problems:
top 10 NO WAY
bottom 10 YES WAY

RBs are dime a dozen. Look how easy we found Kendall Hunter in the 4th round, Id never spend a 1st on a RB unless it was a 24 year old stud (which would never happen)

Trent Richardson/Adrian Peterson types.

I also think I'd spend a first on Marcus Lattimore when he comes out of college. Dude is an absolute beast.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Aug 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM ]

i could see the Raiders trading for him
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

i could see the Raiders trading for him

Nah. They have DMC and are still recovering from the Carson Palmer trade. They don't wanna get deeper in that draft hole, ya know?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Reread the post i edit, Ted Thompson doesn't own the team, the fans do... We went nuts over Jim, if they go nuts over MJD it's game over, an Ted will make that trade. Watch out for the mob, he doesn't an they get knocked out after one game in the playoffs, it will be Ted Thompson who will have his head on the line, an your not going to get a Top back in the bottom of the draft, an they have a better chance to trade for MJD than to trade up to get one... Same with the pats, they can't find tom a running game either, because they always pick so late....

Another example, Dan Marino, you can have the greatest qb ever on your team, but without a running game your one dimensional an teams will stop the run, force the pass an eat you alive...

Another example, Niners, we stop the run, we force teams to be one dimensional an pass, which is why we win so many dam games last season.

Sometimes you have to take a risk, an in this case, MJD risk is very very small risk, an the payoff could be hugh. Come on trade a 1st or even 2 seconds for a running back that gets your another SUPERBOWL WIN, or get knocked out of the playoffs, because if the packers play us without him, were going to stop the run, and let aldon and justin an raymac, an brooks go to town on Aarons ass.

I hope they don't do the trade, that just makes it easier for us to get a shot for another Ring ourselves..

The Packers fan have no say in roster moves. If Ted Thompson sees fit to trade for him then he will, if it's a steep price, for a almost 30 year old back, a 1st is way way too much. He is gonna slow down. He has been the workhorse for a few years, it all goes downhill fast for those backs.

Well they may not make the roster moves, an we had no control over getting jim... RIGHT! It's a mob, he's 27 less wear on his body than any other running back. An Gore hasn't slowed down an he's had 2 knees blown, an a hip fracture.

Fine lets end this 30 year old wall right now!!!

There are a very select few running backs that have broken through the 30-year-old wall, but no back has ever rushed for more than 1,000 yards in three seasons after their 30th birthday is b******t.

Example, For eight years, George piled up the carries and the yards. Not once in his first eight seasons did he carry the ball fewer than 312 times or rush for fewer than 939 yards. That includes a decent season as a 30-year-old.

Example, Fred Jackson... He's 6'1 215 with pads on lol he's 31

Examples, Walter Payton, Payton ran for over 1,000 yards in 10 of his 13 NFL seasons, with three of those 1,000 yards season occurring when he was ages 30-32. Ricky Williams ran for over 1000 yards at 33... Warrick Dunn, had a surprisingly lengthy career for such a small player at a position that takes a huge beating, Dunn ran for over 1,000 yards in 2005 and 2006 when he was 30 and 31, he's 5'8 an 180... Franco Harris, ran for over 1,000 yards in 1983 when he was 32. Thomas Jones, Jones has run for over 1,000 yards since 2005, with the 2009 season as his best statistically at the age of 31, at 32 in a reduced role ran for 896 yards for the chiefs.

Examples, John Riggins, He ran for over 1,000 yards three times after the age of 30, with his final two coming at the ages of 34 and 35. Tony Dorsett, His last year of rushing for over 1,000 yards came in 1985 when he was 31 years old. Emmitt Smith, He ran for over 1,000 yards from 1999-2001, and in those three years he was ages 30-32.

Examples, Barry Sanders, Ending his career short at the age of 30, Sanders ran for 1,491 yards as a 30-year-old and he would have easily ran for 1,000 yards at 31, 32, and who knows for how long.Tiki Barber, Barber ran for over 1,000 yards in five of his last six years before retiring.The final two years in 2005 and 2006, were indeed his best and he was 30 and 31 respectively.Barber could have continued to run at a high level, but instead called it quits while he was on top of his game.
Examples Marcus Allen amassed 17,654 yards of total offense and scored 145 total touchdowns during his 16 years as a running back. Ricky Watters, In 1999 and 2000, Watters ran for over 1,000 yards when he was 30 and 31 years old. Curtis Martin, Martin ran for over 1,000 yards in 2003 and 2004, when he was 30 and 31, and it should be noted that as a 31-year-old in 2004, Martin ran for nearly 1,700 yards, and in his final season he still got 735 yards.

An last but not least the man who MJD replaced, Fred Taylor, 1,000 yards in 2006 and 2007, when he was 30 and 31 respectively. That man keeped MJD from taking a hugh pounding, an i think has another 3 years before turning 30, plus his body has the pounding of a 25 year olds because of Fred Taylor... O my God did you just watch the berlin wall fall down again.

GoldDigger - "Look at all these old RB's that were still productive when they were 30."

AB & Nick - "Dude, that's all really great, but THE GREEN BAY PACKERS and TED THOMPSON aren't going to pull the trigger regardless of his age."

This is a known thing with the Pack. They never make splashy trades. Again, I could MAYBE see a 2nd and James Jones, but I think it's very unlikely.

Yes good to see you know James Jones as we speak is being shopped, Never say never... Okay lets talk about TED THOMPSON, In terms of making trades, Ted Thompson of the Green Bay Packers does not make many that involve getting players who are currently on NFL rosters. Thompson has only done that on five occasions since 2005, when he became executive vice president,general manager and director of football operations. Thompson also has traded away players. He has done this seven times, with the most impactful being Brett Favre, who was traded to the New York Jets in 2008 for a third-round pick. The only thing Ted an the Packers would not be forced into is a bidding war for players services in free agency, which is not the Thompson way of doing business. Looks like he has no problems trading Picks, Players or for players, he just doesn't like to get into bidding wars over a free agents... So i brought down the wall, now i brought down this theory Ted doesn't have balls to make trades, he's got a player, an some picks to work with, an the cap space to add a player, an not have to fight for him in free agency..

You're using Favre as evidence.

And James Jones isn't being shopped. I mentioned it as a hypothetical.

Goodnight.
The law let casey anthony off with more evidence, that her car smelled like a dead person, daughter had tape on her mouth, if she drowned in a pool why did you put tape on her mouth and put her in the woods, an than tell the cops someone took her, an somehow you could go party the whole time why your daughter is missing... Looked up how to use chloroform, an her mom said she looked it up why she was actually working, but some how hack into her computer at home, but she couldn't even spell the right word that she ment to look up. Lies about the whole thing, even lies about a nanny took her and never report any of this, until well after because her parents caught her in the lie, an than help her cover it up, an said a nanny took her and she was missing. An some nanny with a similar name is now suing her for deframation. If anyone ever need to be killed it should have been her, not a sweet little girl that her mom didn't want to raise, well s**t don't have sex you slut or use protection. I can't see any man ever wanting to father a child with her again, but hey it could happen. This is the preseason, got to talk about something why we wait for the really games that count.

Brett Farve was the packers GOD an could do no wrong, yet he had to balls to shop him, with no idea if Aaron rogers could even do half the job.

He really is though on the trading block haha, he's fourth on the depth chart...They've already been reporting this.

Night I just took my Trazodone, so i should be asleep in about 10 mins, since i just had a small meal before it.

Casey Anthony?

Share 49ersWebzone