LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Sources: Maurice Jones-Drew open to trade!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Rashad Jennings getting the start
Originally posted by susweel:
Overvalued himself now comes back a lost dog with his tail between his legs.

Props to Amir's uncle for letting him know who's in charge.

he deserves a new contract for playing for a s**tty franchise.
What an idiot. How much $$$ did he lose?
Originally posted by YungAce:
What an idiot. How much $$$ did he lose?

He didn't lose any $$$
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
He didn't lose any $$$

"The holdout lasted 38 days. As a result, Jones-Drew could be slapped with a $1.2 million fine from the team, according to the AP's Mark Long."

http://rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/3596/maurice-jones-drew
Originally posted by spizzy:
He didn't lose any $$$

"The holdout lasted 38 days. As a result, Jones-Drew could be slapped with a $1.2 million fine from the team, according to the AP's Mark Long."

but it says "could." But would the team do it?
Originally posted by spizzy:
He didn't lose any $$$

Damn
I'm calling that he pulls a Barry sanders and retires when he's 30
[ Edited by skillzdatkillz90 on Sep 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM ]
man, i hate the jags more than the cowboys.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
man, i hate the jags more than the cowboys.

Lol, why?

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by BobS:
Gold Digerrrrr while you have produced examples of running backs doing well after 30, take the total of examples and divide by how many running backs played in the NFL in the 30 years you have went back to pull your examples from. It is a very small percentage. It is safe to say 99% of running backs are shot at 30.

I agree, but MJD doesn't have the wear of a back of 27, which is why i think he could last well past his 30's. Only if he gets traded, otherwise, the jags will run him into the ground, because the have know one else on offense.

Blackmon?

The first-round draft pick was arrested during a traffic stop in Stillwater, Okla., early Sunday after a breath test allegedly showed his blood alcohol content to be three times the legal limit, that guy? Because that guy is good if he's not drunk, maybe he will learn like boone did and change his life. Also, two words why he won't be of any use to them, Blaine Gabbert. I'll let you know when his vigina turns back into a penis and his balls drop!

yeah true

They both did very well in yesterday's game
This is preseason, it won't carry over. teams will start gameplanning, an with no MJD to worry about for at max half a season, they will double blackmon an blitz Gabbert. He had one good game last year also, he shouldn't use up all his luck in the preseason.

yeah preseason is preseason...but it's pointing in the right direction

I think Gabbert can be a very good QB if developed right. People saying he's horrible just from his rookie season forget that most rookie QB's dont do well. He also had a much better rookie season than Alex had.
I've always thought Blackmon would be a star and was so happy when Jacksonville jumped up to take him before St. Louis.

First off let me slap you for this comment ! One was the first overall pick not 10th, an the Jags traded 6 spots to get him also, do you know who they traded with, because I do, that would be the REDSKINS, your telling me Shan would have pass on a elite qb when his team needs one? Clearly, not the case sr since they trade up and took one at number 2 the next year, But wait, Jim also passed on him so your saying our coach can't see elite qb either.... We just sucked and had no talent what so ever and actual got our Qb legit, can't believe I said that. Alex was born in May ,7 1984, and Blaine in October 15 1989! And just for fun, since Frank is the only player on the team drafted in 2005 same draft as Alex, he was born May 14, 1983. Hmm wow alex was younger when he came into the league than both of them...

I'll be fair an not put Alex's running yards on this to even out this match up...
Alex in college starting the final 2 years.
2003 Utah Utes 11 173 266 65.0 2247 15 3
2004 Utah Utes 12 214 317 67.5 2952 32 4
Blaine in college starting.
2009 Missouri 445 262 58.8% 3,593 24 9
2010 Missouri 475 301 63.4% 3,186 16 9
Okay an just for kicks Aaron Rodgers stats in college, not including his running because thats not fair for Blaine.
2003 California 215 349 61.6 2903 8.3 19 5 146.58
2004 California 209 316 66.1 2566 8.1 24 8 154.35

What this shows is that Aaron Rodgers and Alex threw for less yards, but both improved hugh, got more touchdowns and a better comp%, Blaine regressed an looks like it was the other players doing all the work.

So I'm not saying he can't be avg in this league, but that's going to take talent like blackmon to even get that out of him, BLACKMON IS A STAR PLAYER, Only player that I'd take before him in this draft went to dallas!!! Clearly Jim blew his load a lot to watching the defense not blaine, an so that be why we passed and took Aldon...Also just for fun, gore didn't start as a rookie, barlow did, and MJD lead the league, he's got more talent on the oline, running backs, tightends, wr's, than Alex. Also, just because TWO WORDS, Randy Moss is truly his first number 1 wr, he was born in February 13, 1977, we haven't had a number 1 wr since T.O went to the ravens as a free agent, but since his agent messed up we shipped him to the eagles...

Have you even watched the niners since 2002-2003? Otherwise,

So don't use this to hate on Alex, and throw him under the bus, what are you NOLAN, because back the Bus up an call Alex a liar for blowing his shoulder twice, because Alex has been sack more than any qb since he entered the league, yeah that might have something to do with crappy oline play. And if you want to COMPARE ALEX TO ANYONE, MAKE IT STEVE YOUNG. Clearly, you can see steve young on the bucs getting the crap knocked out of him with no talent or coaching, and than wait he got traded to the niners were he got to sit behind joe, get coach by walsh, an throw to Jerry Rice, like walking into glass and going look a force field!

What.The.F*ck did I just read?
I did not "hate" on Alex one little bit. Its a fact that Gabberts rookie season, although terrible, was better than Alex Smith's rookie season. I never said I wanted Gabbert here. I didnt want him because I still had faith in Alex and that Harbaugh could help him.
All I said was that I think Gabbert can be a good QB in the NFL, he can be. I didnt say elite. I never mentioned anything about Rodgers, Gore, Barlow, Moss, Young, or Montana. Birth dates, WTF? Also Shanahan and Harbaugh are not the be all end all of knowing good QB's.
Then you spout off with whatever that was you just wrote.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Sep 2, 2012 at 10:28 PM ]
Lmao^ I thought I was the only one that was like wtf
MJD is overrated. The Jags are better without him. He's a crutch. Now they'll be forced to open up the offense a little.

It's not like MJD is on his rookie contract. He's still making good money. He probably would've gotten an extension next season anyway. His agent got a little greedy, IMO. MJD should've just showed up and played this year and settled this a year from now, with one year left on his contract.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
He's back.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
This is a new owner showing you cannot bully him around. Good for him. Jones will have to report or not get paid. Jags said no raise, no trade basically. You have no options. He has already been paid 21 million on this contract. He is getting fined $30,000 a day right now and so far he has lost almost $800,000. Sooner or later he better realize he is losing serious coin.

Called it
Share 49ersWebzone