There are 179 users in the forums

Vikings to get new Stadium

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by okdkid:
Who are the remaining LA candidates now?

Bills (probably will make a full time move to Toronto)
Chargers
Jaguars
Rams

The Bills fanbase is too hardcore to move them. They still pack the house every Sunday, despite being horrible for years. Plus they draw the Toronto market, and are the NFL bridge to Canadian fans. I dont see them moving at all though.

Right now id say Chargers and Raiders are the top 2. That dump in Oakland isnt going to hold up much longer, and if the Raiders get offered a brand new stadium to move back to LA, I think theyd jump on it. The Chargers will be an attractive option for the NFL because they wouldnt really be leaving their fanbase. Its still a ways away, but SD fans could still make the drive.
[ Edited by Niners99 on May 26, 2012 at 6:02 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Who are the remaining LA candidates now?

Bills (probably will make a full time move to Toronto)
Chargers
Jaguars
Rams

The Bills fanbase is too hardcore to move them. They still pack the house every Sunday, despite being horrible for years. Plus they draw the Toronto market, and are the NFL bridge to Canadian fans. I dont see them moving at all though.

Right now id say Chargers and Raiders are the top 2. That dump in Oakland isnt going to hold up much longer, and if the Raiders get offered a brand new stadium to move back to LA, I think theyd jump on it. The Chargers will be an attractive option for the NFL because they wouldnt really be leaving their fanbase. Its still a ways away, but SD fans could still make the drive.

I'm from Western NY originally. Most people there assume it's just a matter of time. Buffalo gets frequent TV blackouts due to attendance. They often complain of $60 tickets. The Bills end up buying the last few thousand tickets on most games. In comparison to other NFL cities, they have a very loyal but very small fan base. It's hard to generate substantial revenue out of such a small market. There is a reason an NHL team is only other show in town.

The general consensus in Western NY is that once Ralph Wilson dies (could be any day now) the ownership will transfer to his children. His children are already on record as saying they do not want ownership due to estate taxes. Toronto represents the best opportunity to sell, move them closer to a loyal and larger fan base and stay close enough for die-hard Buffalo fans to make a day trip (3 hour drive).

But I agree about the Raiders.
Jags should get moved to LA. They never should have put an NFL franchise in that "city".
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogueStout:
Jags should get moved to LA. They never should have put an NFL franchise in that "city".

From a fan base perspective it makes sense. Rams or Chargers would be the best geographic choices. Wouldn't have to mix up divisions.
San Diego makes the most sense. They are practically already down there. They wouldn't have to rename the team most likely and the fans would be right in their backyard.

Moving the Raiders would alienate an actually pretty loyal fan base in Oakland.
Originally posted by BayArea:
San Diego makes the most sense. They are practically already down there. They wouldn't have to rename the team most likely and the fans would be right in their backyard.

Moving the Raiders would alienate an actually pretty loyal fan base in Oakland.

....... again!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

• Jcool
  • Veteran
New Stadium Unveiling - Tonight at 7 CT

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/all-videos/live-video.html
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Kevin Seifert ‏@espn_nfcnblog

The story on http://Vikings.com ; says the stadium will have "the largest transparent roof in the world." Also operable doors. Fixed roof.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Kevin Seifert ‏@espn_nfcnblog

Many more Vikings stadium images: http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/photo-gallery/Images-Of-The-New-Vikings-Stadium/ca0a3ace-4a19-4d9a-998c-b5fdf30b73c6#4ed9a3b1-8fbd-45e2-94e7-69748af49a39

Man, that looks sharp.
Originally posted by 84SheepDog:
Man, that looks sharp.

Pfft! Big deal. We get this...

I'm glad we're getting our stadium, but let's be honest... the Minnesota one has loads more personality.
That thing is atrocious.
The stadiums with transparent roofs have horrible shadows on the field. Spend all that money for the game to look like s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone