49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 562 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I see ppl are falling for the we can get a Leo later argument again. If you believe that you deserve Marsh.

Most are saying that none other than Bosa are worth the #2 overall pick, if you believe any are you deserve a Dion Jordan.
If Q-Man demolishes the Clemson O-Line next Monday then he goes to the top of the heap for now,...its early in the draft and FA process, time to wait and see. We got lots of draft capital to work with, and I for one think we are quite a bit better than the Cards or the Jets regardless of this years dismal win/loss record. I still trust our FO and think this will be a excellent off season for our team. I am not going to spend a lot of time in the next 4 months nit-picking the difference between Bosa and QW, as they are both excellent college players who are the two Blue Ribbon players for now. We are in a great position in this draft and are dam fortunate to be, especially after a season that seems like it was cursed.

For now my glass is halfway full...And as it's a Night to Celebrate,
"about to emptyed and filled many times tonight...
.
" Happy New Year" to one and all...

Edited many times due to increasing BAL...
[ Edited by highway49 on Dec 31, 2018 at 5:53 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Not the same draft. This one is actually deep. As for last year, I remember many being upset because it was a historically bad draft for pass rushers. There was Harold Landry. And then there was Obo Okoronkwo. After that, who?

It was deep the Solly year too we just walked away with nothing. This year we got 6 picks you really think we're trading up after spending a top 2 pick on the d line?
So if we draft Williams would it make more sense to sign Buckner now or take the 5th year option franchise tag route? Or is it completely irrelevant. Point is being able to keep these two players together for the long haul.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I know I sound like such a bitter broken record, but I don't understand the Cardinals picking Bosa #1 instead of this guy.

They were top 5 in sacks and good at stopping the pass. Their run defense was bottom 1. They have Chandler Jones and they have a huge hole in the interior DL. Quinnen Williams is seen as good as, if not better than, Bosa as a prospect, and he doesn't even have the injury concern or lack of recent game tape.

Literally the only reason the Cardinals would take Bosa instead is because edge is more valuable as a position as interior DL. But that STILL doesn't make sense to me. That would be like having Phillip Rivers in his prime on your roster with no OL, and selecting Andrew Luck instead of Orlando Pace when both are on the board. It's dumb. I know I'm a 49ers fan who wants Bosa, but while trying to be as objective as possible, I see it as a dumb move.

But hey, I'm not a GM

Yeah, I wonder about this too, especially being in a division where they have to deal with Gurley and the top rushing Seahawks team with Chris Carson twice a year. You would think it would be a priority to shore up their interior run D.
[ Edited by hello49 on Dec 31, 2018 at 7:06 PM ]
Im not the biggest college guy. But I have a feeling things are going to explode here after the championship game.

Oklahoma's ol was/is considered the crème de le crème of college football and he gave them fits.

Aka he might run wild in the title game.
[ Edited by Bitplayer on Dec 31, 2018 at 7:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I see ppl are falling for the we can get a Leo later argument again. If you believe that you deserve Marsh.


Technically it is the "we can get a Leo first in FA" argument.

I was the most ardent edge or bust but looking at how the draft is unfolding position and draft slot wise if we can't trade down with a reasonable offer we absolutely need to take Williams. You never pass up a blue chip player that can start for a non blue chip player unless you can trade back. Problem with going edge at 2 is the draft is so deep at that position and there's no clear leader of the pack so you'll be taking a player at 2 and a simile player will be available in the 20's or top of the 2nd. The group is that stacked this year. To me Allen/Polite/Burns are interchangeable value wise so no chance should we go edge at 2.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I was the most ardent edge or bust but looking at how the draft is unfolding position and draft slot wise if we can't trade down with a reasonable offer we absolutely need to take Williams. You never pass up a blue chip player that can start for a non blue chip player unless you can trade back. Problem with going edge at 2 is the draft is so deep at that position and there's no clear leader of the pack so you'll be taking a player at 2 and a simile player will be available in the 20's or top of the 2nd. The group is that stacked this year. To me Allen/Polite/Burns are interchangeable value wise so no chance should we go edge at 2.

I agree. To me its a no brainer that they either take Williams or trade down for a nice haul if someone wants to move up.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I was the most ardent edge or bust but looking at how the draft is unfolding position and draft slot wise if we can't trade down with a reasonable offer we absolutely need to take Williams. You never pass up a blue chip player that can start for a non blue chip player unless you can trade back. Problem with going edge at 2 is the draft is so deep at that position and there's no clear leader of the pack so you'll be taking a player at 2 and a simile player will be available in the 20's or top of the 2nd. The group is that stacked this year. To me Allen/Polite/Burns are interchangeable value wise so no chance should we go edge at 2.

I agree. To me its a no brainer that they either take Williams or trade down for a nice haul if someone wants to move up.

I agree with you guys.

I don't like the idea of taking Josh Allen #2. You can still get a really good pass rusher like Burns or Polite at #10 and I think a team like the Broncos at #10 would be happy to trade a lot to us if they like Haskins. Who knows maybe Q Williams is so good a team will be willing to trade up for him.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I was the most ardent edge or bust but looking at how the draft is unfolding position and draft slot wise if we can't trade down with a reasonable offer we absolutely need to take Williams. You never pass up a blue chip player that can start for a non blue chip player unless you can trade back. Problem with going edge at 2 is the draft is so deep at that position and there's no clear leader of the pack so you'll be taking a player at 2 and a simile player will be available in the 20's or top of the 2nd. The group is that stacked this year. To me Allen/Polite/Burns are interchangeable value wise so no chance should we go edge at 2.

I agree. To me its a no brainer that they either take Williams or trade down for a nice haul if someone wants to move up.

I agree with you guys.

I don't like the idea of taking Josh Allen #2. You can still get a really good pass rusher like Burns or Polite at #10 and I think a team like the Broncos at #10 would be happy to trade a lot to us if they like Haskins. Who knows maybe Q Williams is so good a team will be willing to trade up for him.

I have no doubt that teams will be interested enough in Williams to move up. The problem is the haul wont be as great as it would be for a potential franchise QB.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I was the most ardent edge or bust but looking at how the draft is unfolding position and draft slot wise if we can't trade down with a reasonable offer we absolutely need to take Williams. You never pass up a blue chip player that can start for a non blue chip player unless you can trade back. Problem with going edge at 2 is the draft is so deep at that position and there's no clear leader of the pack so you'll be taking a player at 2 and a simile player will be available in the 20's or top of the 2nd. The group is that stacked this year. To me Allen/Polite/Burns are interchangeable value wise so no chance should we go edge at 2.

I agree with most of what you're saying but I think that many prospects that seem interchangeable actually turn out to be very different. If they can identify a top guy, they should go get him. A double digit sack guy is worth it at 2, but can we trust our FO to find the right guy.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I was the most ardent edge or bust but looking at how the draft is unfolding position and draft slot wise if we can't trade down with a reasonable offer we absolutely need to take Williams. You never pass up a blue chip player that can start for a non blue chip player unless you can trade back. Problem with going edge at 2 is the draft is so deep at that position and there's no clear leader of the pack so you'll be taking a player at 2 and a simile player will be available in the 20's or top of the 2nd. The group is that stacked this year. To me Allen/Polite/Burns are interchangeable value wise so no chance should we go edge at 2.

I agree. After all Lynch went hard after Khalil Mack. We are in a no lose situation here. These guys are 1A and 1B. Kinda get the feeling Quinnen goes number one only because of Bosa's prior injuries. But I'm happy with either one.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I have no doubt that teams will be interested enough in Williams to move up. The problem is the haul wont be as great as it would be for a potential franchise QB.

A lot of people are going to fantasize about the Jags or Giants giving us Jalen Ramsey or OBJ, but star player trades in draft blockbusters are a rarity (heck the only one I can think of was when the Falcons traded Tim Dwight to get to Michael Vick, or Eli Manning for Phillip Rivers).

Personally, I would just be happy with an extra 2nd and 2020 1st as long as we stay in the top 10.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I have no doubt that teams will be interested enough in Williams to move up. The problem is the haul wont be as great as it would be for a potential franchise QB.

A lot of people are going to fantasize about the Jags or Giants giving us Jalen Ramsey or OBJ, but star player trades in draft blockbusters are a rarity (heck the only one I can think of was when the Falcons traded Tim Dwight to get to Michael Vick, or Eli Manning for Phillip Rivers).

Personally, I would just be happy with an extra 2nd and 2020 1st as long as we stay in the top 10.

Not enough lol. I want to fill certain holes, but I need game wreckers. Not even sure that equals out on the draft chart.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm probably the only one here that has seen multiple games of Thomas live and you say you don't believe me yet...

I think it's clear after that comment that you A. Never have watched full game film of either and/or B. Don't know anything about playing football.

Someone started drinking for new years early.

I would LOVE to hear how A. They are similar players (like you previously claimed) and B. Thomas is 10x the player Quinnen is. I'll wait... because this is gonna be gold.

.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone