LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Went into the Bama LSU game liking Brumfield at guard. Left the game being amazed by Quinnen Williams. This might get me crucified here but....what if we pick 3rd or 4th (raiders, giants, arizona), Bosa is gone, and there are no trade back opportunities. Do we reach on a ER just to fill a need? I say we take best player available.

I know I know, IDL in the first...AGAIN. But Armstead is walking, and Solly might net something in a trade. We can move Buck to big end, which will have him lined up like a 3-4 DE, and not at all a position he is inexperienced at. He can actually play the Bennet roll, and move inside in nickel, but Williams will be our three down 3T. Do we pass on potential Aaron Donald level production and game wrecking ability, just to reach on an ER? We can use our 2nd to get whoever is left out of Josh Allen, Montez Sweat, Brian Burns, Clellin Ferrell, and Jachai Polite, even if we need to trade up slightly. And then theres still later picks like Chase Winovich, and FA options.

I have a feeling I know which posters will agree with me, and which will hate this idea, but what say you?!
I don't know that Quinnen doesn't go top 3.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Yep, in this scenario it goes something like

1. Raiders: Nick Bosa, DE
2. Giants: Justin Herbert, QB
3. Cardinals: Jonah Williams, OT
4. 49ers: Quinnen Williams, DT
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Had no clue who he was until now 🤷🏻‍♂️
There will be a storming of the Bastille if they draft a DT with the first or second round pick.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Had no clue who he was until now 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hes been getting a ton of hype as someone who might even go ahead of Ed Oliver. First year starter. Haven't watched Bama much, because they've just been steam rolling weak competition, and dont have any edge rushers that I care about. Watched this game primarily to watch Greedy, Brumfield, Deionte Thompson, and Grant Delpit. I've ignored the hype on Williams because I didnt think I wanted yet another DT. After the game, however, I want yet another DT
No. Just no
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
There will be a storming of the Bastille if they draft a DT with the first or second round pick.

I have the Molotov cocktails and the sticks, you bring the torches and the ladders.

"For freedom and an edge rusher, comrades."

If this is the case SF will trade down
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I would imagine someone wants to come up for Oliver or Williams. If not just take Ferrell or Sweat or whoever we have as the top edge guy. No more interior guys.

Originally posted by genus49:
I would imagine someone wants to come up for Oliver or Williams. If not just take Ferrell or Sweat or whoever we have as the top edge guy. No more interior guys.

Yeah no way can you burn another pick on interior DL. I think Ferrell will cost us wherever we're picking but guys like sweat/burns SF could possibly move a couple spots down and still get them.
I think we should draft everyone. Just kidding of coarse but it seems like every time some guy has a great game on TV that a bunch of people want to draft him. Me too but you can't get every player.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Nov 4, 2018 at 8:52 AM ]
This guy has been shooting up the boards lately. Haven't got the chance to look at him yet but I know he is an interior lineman and I would tear out my hair if we draft him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

If this is the case the 49ers SHOULD trade down. It would make too much sense to move down a few spots and get either Sweat, Ferrell, or Burns.
Share 49ersWebzone