LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by zonkers:
Reminds me of BY.

BY and Sapp were exactly who I was thinking of when I said dominate interior rushers from the 90's.

I really would hate to see this kid end up in Arizona because while I'll be thrilled that we might end up with Bosa if they pass on him, I also would be scared to death of Jimmy running for his life against Chandler Jones and Q.

Speaking of the 90's, Donald has got the best of Randle and Sapp.
Any chance we trade Solomon and draft this guy if bosa is gone
Originally posted by rathman4481:

I doubt Solomon has any trade value at this point. IMO Quinnen is the best prospect not named Bosa, and maybe even including him if you aren't desperate for edge help.

I would rather trade back, but if we can't Solomon goes back to struggling on the edge until released.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by rathman4481:

I doubt Solomon has any trade value at this point. IMO Quinnen is the best prospect not named Bosa, and maybe even including him if you aren't desperate for edge help.

I would rather trade back, but if we can't Solomon goes back to struggling on the edge until released.

I thought Solomon was already transitioning to the inside.
Originally posted by mayo49:

He is, he just isn't in the same league as Quinnen, I'm just theorising what might happen if we're #2 and Bosa is gone.

Quinnen is an absolute stud.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

He is, he just isn't in the same league as Quinnen, I'm just theorising what might happen if we're #2 and Bosa is gone.

Yeah, I agree - he's good.

Dude is an animal, best interior DL to come out of bama in a decade.

That said I'm selling him to the highest bidder. Might. Not get a haul but he could transform a team's front 7.

Hopefully we get that 2nd overall pick cause there's a lot that can happen with that pick imo
If the thought of taking him goes thru anyone in the fo head they should be taken out back and immediately put down. Nothing against the prospect but we don't need a 3 tech.
Arizona should go hard after Michael Pierce in FA. He's a top-5 tun defender on the DI. That would be a huge boost to their abismal run D and free them up to take the BPA.

Whether that's QW, Bosa or someone else, atleast they'll be working without a gap hole on the Dline clouding their judgement.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
If the thought of taking him goes thru anyone in the fo head they should be taken out back and immediately put down. Nothing against the prospect but we don't need a 3 tech.

this

We don't need one, but it's the Aaron Donald effect, this guy is the college version of him, if you think he'll be that devastating as a pro then you have to consider him.

Hopefully they'll be a trade offer, but it'll tough to pass otherwise.
Originally posted by strickac:
Arizona should go hard after Michael Pierce in FA. He's a top-5 tun defender on the DI. That would be a huge boost to their abismal run D and free them up to take the BPA.

Whether that's QW, Bosa or someone else, atleast they'll be working without a gap hole on the Dline clouding their judgement.

Michael Pierce I believe is a RFA, so Baltimore can match offers and/or place a 1st/2nd/original rd tender on them (which AZ would have to give up) etc.
We don't need one, but it's the Aaron Donald effect, this guy is the college version of him, if you think he'll be that devastating as a pro then you have to consider him.

If you told me he's Aaron Donald I'd still say no. Buckner is at 3 most of the game so what are you going to do with him? Big end, 1, occasional 3? I haven't even gotten to Solly yet.

Exactly. When a player dominates, teams typically 1) want their own version of that 2) with these QBs putting up ridiculous numbers, I think one of the effects will be teams will look for DTs that can pass rush. They won't surpass ER in value, but the shortest path to the QB is right up the middle. The fact that these guys don't come around often only increases their value.

With that said, it's interesting because the original poster suggested moving Buckner to AA's spot (5T) and drafting Williams to play 3T. Delicious piece of irony here because people have wanted this ever since Solomon Thomas was drafted. The fact that his best pro games ever have come from playing significant snaps inside. With that said, I don't see Buckner being moved from 3T with the kind of season he's having. Unless the idea is to have Williams play 1T, which IMO is a luxury pick.
Wait, so now we're trading Solomon Thomas, drafting this guy and moving Buckner to NT?
Share 49ersWebzone