LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If this is the case the 49ers SHOULD trade down. It would make too much sense to move down a few spots and get either Sweat, Ferrell, or Burns.

Right, and I agree. But this scenario specifically states that no *worthwhile* trade is presented. I'm not missing out on a talent like Williams to pick up an extra 3rd...now if raiders wanna leave the draft with Bosa and either Thompson, Oliver, or Williams, and are willing to trade 2 1sts and a 3rd to do it? No brainer.
Vs brumfield, who will play in the NFL

Every single game is littered with plays like this

Originally posted by NYniner85:

This is crazy lol. I don't know if I've ever seen a DL beat two sets of punches from different OL.
After watching last night, I'm sold BUT only if he's the BPA and we're sure we can snag a guy like Burns or Sweat or Polite in the 2nd.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This is crazy lol. I don't know if I've ever seen a DL beat two sets of punches from different OL.

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
There will be a storming of the Bastille if they draft a DT with the first or second round pick.

I have the Molotov cocktails and the sticks, you bring the torches and the ladders.

"For freedom and an edge rusher, comrades."

Vive la resistance!
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The 49ers have talent but what separates them from the good teams are having the elite playmakers at the impact positions, the ones that have a direct impact on the outcome of the game. This defense doesn't force turnovers at all. Is it the scheme or the s**tty DBs?

I'd love to add for firepower for Jimmy, but the draft eligible skill players leaves a lot to be desired.

That said you can only draft what is available to you.

This is a bad football team that still needs talent regardless of position.
If we could snag someone like Clowney or Lawrence through free agency, then I have zero problems drafting Williams if he's on the board. He's a nightmare to block and I drool at the thought of Clowney/Buckner/Williams/Thomas. That would be a ferocious pass rush. Hell, take Winovich in the 2nd round and he subs in on passing downs for Solly.

Williams own teammate Jonah Williams who is also projected as a top 10 pick says he's basically unblockable in practice.

The kid has big time potential as a pass rusher and we need guys who can get to the QB, regardless of position.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
If we could snag someone like Clowney or Lawrence through free agency, then I have zero problems drafting Williams if he's on the board. He's a nightmare to block and I drool at the thought of Clowney/Buckner/Williams/Thomas. That would be a ferocious pass rush. Hell, take Winovich in the 2nd round and he subs in on passing downs for Solly.

Williams own teammate Jonah Williams who is also projected as a top 10 pick says he's basically unblockable in practice.

The kid has big time potential as a pass rusher and we need guys who can get to the QB, regardless of position.

Yep this is what I'm thinking, and I actually just posted a mock that gave us Clowney, William's, and Winovich
Originally posted by Nastastical:

Been watching Bama all season cause of Tua and this guy stands out all game every game. I wouldn't be mad at all if we drafted him. If he and Buck are inside I don't think it would matter much who we got on the edges with the attention they would command. But with the depth of this draft and us picking high, I'm sure we could still get a good one or trade up a little for Chase or Jachai. Quinnen Williams and Chase Winovich

Brother Adrian, this is where we go separate ways. I've had a change in my draft philosophy in recent years, and I can't, under no circumstances, get on board with taking a DT in the early part of the first round anymore, especially given the logjam we've currently got.

I'm as big of a Defo homer as anyone on here, but if I had to make that pick again today, I don't think I'd do it. There are just so many good interior DL to found later in the draft, and none, not Defo, Atkins, McCoy, etc., affect the game like Donald. He's truly one of a kind. If the team wants to sign a yet another quality IDL that plays nose and 3t, Grady Jarrett will be a FA.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Brother Adrian, this is where we go separate ways. I've had a change in my draft philosophy in recent years, and I can't, under no circumstances, get on board with taking a DT in the early part of the first round anymore, especially given the logjam we've currently got.

I'm as big of a Defo homer as anyone on here, but if I had to make that pick again today, I don't think I'd do it. There are just so many good interior DL to found later in the draft, and none, not Defo, Atkins, McCoy, etc., affect the game like Donald. He's truly one of a kind. If the team wants to sign a yet another quality IDL that plays nose and 3t, Grady Jarrett will be a FA.

I dunno if the Falcons would let Jarrett walk or if he'd want to leave. But he'd certainly be an upgrade over Mitchell. I love Jones potential but it seems like it'll be forever before he sees the field. I think he needs a shot to see if we can have a cheap effective NT and focus money elsewhere.
I really really think this guy is special. Tape matches the grade.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

He's one of the best players in the draft and would instantly be one of the best players on our defense alongside Buckner and Foster. I can't imagine him not being successful in the NFL - he's extremely athletic for his size, uses his hands extremely well, and is dominant against the run and pass. He's far and away the best player on Alabama's defense which is loaded with NFL talent. Sadly, interior DL/big DE isn't a major need, but I wouldn't be upset if we took him around 5 overall. He could be the best player available.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

He's one of the best players in the draft and would instantly be one of the best players on our defense alongside Buckner and Foster. I can't imagine him not being successful in the NFL - he's extremely athletic for his size, uses his hands extremely well, and is dominant against the run and pass. He's far and away the best player on Alabama's defense which is loaded with NFL talent. Sadly, interior DL/big DE isn't a major need, but I wouldn't be upset if we took him around 5 overall. He could be the best player available.

I know everyone is afraid of us taking yet another interior DL, but if you can grab a player as disruptive as Williams, you do it. I would hate for us to pass on a future all-pro and reach for an edge rusher who might not have the same ceiling as Williams. Take the BPA and figure the rest out later.
Share 49ersWebzone