LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Originally posted by 49glory:
I saw the hype vid of him running routes in slow mo... looked like charles barkleys golf swing.

Do you have link?
Seahawks' DK Metcalf could be best draft pick in NFC West
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/09/sseahawks-wide-receiver-dk-metcalf-best-draft-pick-nfc-west/
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
Seahawks' DK Metcalf could be best draft pick in NFC West
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/09/sseahawks-wide-receiver-dk-metcalf-best-draft-pick-nfc-west/

Could wind up injured and out of the league altogether in under two years.

Could be a bust like DGB and never live up to his even meager draft status.

Could get into an ATV accident prior to training camp and have his career be over before it starts like their last genius "OMG, steal of the draft, STEAL OF THE DRAFT!" pick in McDowell that all the pundits loved until a guy who was knocked pre-draft for poor judgment and decision making decided to go flying around on an ATV with no helmet on, 5 days before the start of training camp.

Coulda coulda coulda....

He's in the perfect situation. He'll be able to get on the field early and take advantage of those broken plays that Wilson extends. He'll be productive for those reasons, but I don't think he's nearly the prospect the media was making him out to be.

It was a good pick for Seattle. He went right about where he should've. Lockett and Jaron Brown are the bigger threats at this point.
Originally posted by strickac:
He's in the perfect situation. He'll be able to get on the field early and take advantage of those broken plays that Wilson extends. He'll be productive for those reasons, but I don't think he's nearly the prospect the media was making him out to be.

It was a good pick for Seattle. He went right about where he should've. Lockett and Jaron Brown are the bigger threats at this point.

His lack of quickness/lateral mobility will hurt him in those broken plays IMO. jump ball stuff will be great for him....Lockett and Baldwin's quickness helped with those "back yard" plays.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by strickac:

His lack of quickness/lateral mobility will hurt him in those broken plays IMO. jump ball stuff will be great for him....Lockett and Baldwin's quickness helped with those "back yard" plays.

It won't hurt him in broken plays because all he needs to do is feel the defense and make slight adjustments. It isn't the same as running a precise route that involves sharp quick cuts.
With Wilson's amazing accuracy to throw rainbows and allow receivers to run underneath the ball while still hitting them in stride, I won't be surprised if DK has a Moss type of year.
Sounds like Russell Wilson will look for him after the first read isn't there. I guess if he can't get open, he'll have to wait for RW to scramble around to get him open.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Sounds like Russell Wilson will look for him after the first read isn't there. I guess if he can't get open, he'll have to wait for RW to scramble around to get him open.

When a receiver is as big as DK and a QB as accurate as Wilson, DK doesn't need to get wide open.
Originally posted by Joecool:
It won't hurt him in broken plays because all he needs to do is feel the defense and make slight adjustments. It isn't the same as running a precise route that involves sharp quick cuts.

not true...you gotta be able to make quick adjustments just as the QB is. IF you're a Frankenstein out there the CB will be able to cover you. hiss best attribute will be the jump ball in those situations

When a receiver is as big as DK and a QB as accurate as Wilson, DK doesn't need to get wide open.

cool so they drafted a TE that can't block
Originally posted by NYniner85:

cool so they drafted a TE that can't block

it's the truth...big/fast and lacks in quick lateral movement department. might as well call him Evan Engram 2.0 (who's actually quicker than him)
Ridiculous to say he's a tight end. No tight end has that kind of speed. Even if you think he's just a vertical guy you wouldn't ever call Ted Ginn a tight end. That's just
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Ridiculous to say he's a tight end. No tight end has that kind of speed. Even if you think he's just a vertical guy you wouldn't ever call Ted Ginn a tight end. That's just

I mean, Vernon Davis ran a 4.38

But I agree. Metcalf should be a pretty solid pick up for them, and he has a lot of ability that you cant teach. I was pretty disappointed that both Metcalf and Butler went inside our division.
Share 49ersWebzone