There are 184 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Originally posted by Rascal:
Jimmie Ward? You mean "Glassman"? DK will smash him into pieces. One stiff arm from DK, Ward will have to go on IR. LOL.

And tear his labrum in the process.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Jimmie Ward? You mean "Glassman"? DK will smash him into pieces. One stiff arm from DK, Ward will have to go on IR. LOL.

And tear his labrum in the process.

Nvm
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 28, 2019 at 5:06 PM ]

You say this talking about a receiver that missed more games in college than he played. Only once did Metcalf see what it was like to play college football in November.

This guy couldn't stay healthy to save his life in college but will be smashing people in the NFL.
Okay.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

You say this talking about a receiver that missed more games in college than he played. Only once did Metcalf see what it was like to play college football in November.

This guy couldn't stay healthy to save his life in college but will be smashing people in the NFL.
Okay.

I hear he has stone hands and can't run routes either.

Okay.

If Doug really is done the Hawks will have issues on 3rd down. Darboh better be up to the task. Can't have a team full of outside the numbers guys.
Originally posted by mitpdub:

Okay.

I think that's false. Metcalf had pretty good hands from what I saw.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Okay.

LOL. Really? You want to bet on Jimmie Ward over DK Metcalf? Jimmie Ward shouldn't even be on the team in the first place!! LOL.

Well, let's see what happens then. I am pretty confident DK should be able to hammer Jimmie "Glassman" Ward pretty easily. Oh and there are more, if Jazz Ferguson makes Seahawks' 53 plus Hakeem Butler from the Cards, Jimmie Ward will be tested to the max just within division in this coming season. You better hope and pray the "Glassman" won't be smashed to pieces.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Okay.

Yeah his hands weren't my biggest red flag. Having a slooow 3 cone is very concerning. Basically you'll see him run in a straight line really fast and not much else.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Okay.

Yeah his hands weren't my biggest red flag. Having a slooow 3 cone is very concerning. Basically you'll see him run in a straight line really fast and not much else.

And RW has one of, if not the best deep ball in the NFL. I think it's a perfect fit honestly.

LOL. Really? You want to bet on Jimmie Ward over DK Metcalf? Jimmie Ward shouldn't even be on the team in the first place!! LOL.

Well, let's see what happens then. I am pretty confident DK should be able to hammer Jimmie "Glassman" Ward pretty easily. Oh and there are more, if Jazz Ferguson makes Seahawks' 53 plus Hakeem Butler from the Cards, Jimmie Ward will be tested to the max just within division in this coming season. You better hope and pray the "Glassman" won't be smashed to pieces.

I don't care about Jimmie Ward, I just found it interesting that you're calling him injury prone while talking up a guy who had early season ending injuries in 2 of his 3 college seasons.

Metcalf played 2 games as a freshman, got hurt, done for the year.

Metcalf played 7 games as a junior, got hurt, done for the year.

There's definitely some real injury concerns there.
  • All22
  • Veteran
What kind of injuries though? I know one was some kind of neck injury. Maybe Metcalf just had bad luck.

There's a big difference between Jimmy Ward's foot problems and a one-off thing like Tartt's forearm.
[ Edited by All22 on Apr 29, 2019 at 11:42 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
It has begun.

And Pete Carroll's comments? Big, fast and strong with great feet. Coached up well by legend WR coach Jerry Sullivan in the offseason who also coached many great WRs such as Larry and Anquan.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/05/04/doesnt-take-long-for-metcalf-to-stand-out-with-seahawks/39446525/
[ Edited by Rascal on May 4, 2019 at 6:25 PM ]

I don't care about Jimmie Ward, I just found it interesting that you're calling him injury prone while talking up a guy who had early season ending injuries in 2 of his 3 college seasons.

Metcalf played 2 games as a freshman, got hurt, done for the year.

Metcalf played 7 games as a junior, got hurt, done for the year.

There's definitely some real injury concerns there.

Valid points. But Ward was an overdrafted prospect and made a professional career out of being a scrub who not only sucks when he's playing but is never healthy enough to even play. Ever.

Who knows, Metcalf might have a healthy NFL career.
  • All22
  • Veteran
What kind of injuries though. That makes a difference. Could just be bad luck.
Share 49ersWebzone