LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Originally posted by All22:
What kind of injuries though. That makes a difference. Could just be bad luck.

Neck injuries are never good.
Seattle is raving about him after his 1st practice. He's working with Jerry Sullivan so he's getting top notch coaching right now.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Seattle is raving about him after his 1st practice. He's working with Jerry Sullivan so he's getting top notch coaching right now.

We'll see what happens...I'll be honest I could've done without him going to a division rival. Ditto most of the guys the Cardinals drafted outside of Murray :(

But fact is he dropped to the bottom of the 2nd round for a reason. We'll find out if the 31 other teams were right or Seattle once again lucked out. Then again they didn't pick him with their first round picks either so they weren't seeing him as a 1st round graded guy either.
Originally posted by genus49:

We'll see what happens...I'll be honest I could've done without him going to a division rival. Ditto most of the guys the Cardinals drafted outside of Murray :(

But fact is he dropped to the bottom of the 2nd round for a reason. We'll find out if the 31 other teams were right or Seattle once again lucked out. Then again they didn't pick him with their first round picks either so they weren't seeing him as a 1st round graded guy either.

He's a great fit in Seattle even if you don't like him as a prospect. Problem is he is no Doug Baldwin who's career is probably over. Seahawks did well in the draft but they lost key players in Clark and Baldwin for the future.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
He's a great fit in Seattle even if you don't like him as a prospect. Problem is he is no Doug Baldwin who's career is probably over. Seahawks did well in the draft but they lost key players in Clark and Baldwin for the future.

Will be interesting because if Baldwin retires they'll be relying on 2 rookies. Metcalf at x, Jennings in the slot.

Remember when Oakland raved about Bruce Campbell in practice? lol doesn't mean a damn thing.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Remember when Oakland raved about Bruce Campbell in practice? lol doesn't mean a damn thing.

Yea this means nothing.
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Yea this means nothing.

Put your phone on your butt it's a booty call..
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

who cares? did u see how hyped up the team is about our punter!!??
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Is that supposed to mean something?

That is great and all but it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. I remember when Deandrew White was absolutely unstoppable in minicamps and had everyone raving about him.

I think he'll be a good receiver for them, he fits their offense really well but you expect guys like Metcalf to crush it at minicamp.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
That is great and all but it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. I remember when Deandrew White was absolutely unstoppable in minicamps and had everyone raving about him.
I agree. Something I expressed a lot during the Josh Rosen Saga is that I really didn't care what Kliff Kingsbury said publicly about his QB. Coaches kiss ass publicly. I'm not sure why people put so much stock into it. Now Pete Carroll and Jerry Sullivan are throwing out superlatives for Metcalf and people are fawning.

A guy that I've compared DK Metcalf to is Stephen Hill. Not saying they're the same player, but Hill had a lot of off-the-chart measurables. Here's what they were saying about him during training camp in 2012:
Though slowed by a hamstring injury in minicamp, Stephen Hill has managed to turn heads at the Jets' training camp. Rex Ryan repeatedly has praised the rookie receiver for his deep-threat potential and ability to make plays over the middle.

Wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal has been impressed by the wideout's skill and thirst for knowledge. "He's like a sponge," Lal said.
That reads like a carbon copy of what Seattle is saying about Metcalf!

And here's another:
The race to be the Jets' No. 2 receiver has a long way to go, but Stephen Hill made a strong impression at minicamp. Not only did Hill perform on the field but he said all the right things in the locker room. He caught a lot of balls and didn't have a drop.

Hill was, of course, a complete and utter bust with the Jets. Then he spent some time with the Panthers. Here's some of the praise Hill got in Carolina:
[Ron] Rivera says if he had to pick a standout from OTAs it would be WR Stephen Hill.

Even Ricky Proehl (WR coach at the time) chimed in, claiming that Hill was "ready to make [Proehl] famous as a coach".
Carroll's excitement was verified by outsiders watching it. Same with Indy and their 2nd round pick. I'm well aware of Bryan Gilmore is going to be our secret weapon camp hype ups and that it's not that big of a deal. Still it's what happened. He's tearing it up so far.

And if Baldwin does return healthy next season that passing attack can be scary good. When you got Lockette, Metcalf on the outside and Baldwin in the slot .
[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 7, 2019 at 7:59 AM ]
I saw the hype vid of him running routes in slow mo... looked like charles barkleys golf swing.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Put your phone on your butt it's a booty call..

Comin to bust nuts on all y'all
Share 49ersWebzone