There are 221 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Top 10? No way...everyone thought Sutton was gonna be the top WR for like a yr and he dropped to the 2nd (DK is better yes) but there's just other players at other positions that might be ranked higher.

We will see health is a ?

He is far better than Sutton, a lot more explosive and skilled. I think he's easily the top receiver off the board due to his potential and ridiculous athleticism at his size. He may not have the production of some others but he'll get a bump due to his unique traits, size/speed combination. If he's at all healthy to participate in offseason workouts then I think he moves up into the early first round very quickly.

Barring health/character issues, I don't really see any WR going before him. If that stuff checks out, he's the best guy out there.
Originally posted by jobiwon:
He's a top ten pick normally, but falls coming off the injury. The Yahoo article of him declaring for the draft speculated him going in the 2nd. In the end closer to the draft, he might move back up some. We should look at moving back into the 1st to snag him.

That Yahoo article is pretty meaningless. In previous years, at this juncture there were reports about Carson Wentz and Corey Davis going in the 2nd round, both ended up as Top 5 picks. Metcalf is the best receiver in the draft, because of his various traits he is the type of WR that you take Top 10, he's a legit WR1 prospect at the next level. If his medicals check out, I think he'll be gone well before the 15th pick in the 1st round.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Top 10? No way...everyone thought Sutton was gonna be the top WR for like a yr and he dropped to the 2nd (DK is better yes) but there's just other players at other positions that might be ranked higher.

We will see health is a ?

He is far better than Sutton, a lot more explosive and skilled. I think he's easily the top receiver off the board due to his potential and ridiculous athleticism at his size. He may not have the production of some others but he'll get a bump due to his unique traits, size/speed combination. If he's at all healthy to participate in offseason workouts then I think he moves up into the early first round very quickly.

Wouldn't be shocked if his teammate goes ahead of him...as of right now I don't see a WR going top 10.

Sure that can change throughout the draft season. I just see a lot of defensive players getting taken early, toss in a QB or two jumping up the boards (always happens), and a OT or two.
Wouldn't be shocked if his teammate goes ahead of him...as of right now I don't see a WR going top 10.

Sure that can change throughout the draft season. I just see a lot of defensive players getting taken early, toss in a QB or two jumping up the boards (always happens), and a OT or two.

AJ Brown is not a #1 WR at the next level. He's more of a slot guy ultimately. Metcalf is definitely the better receiver and a legit WR1 prospect.
AJ Brown is not a #1 WR at the next level. He's more of a slot guy ultimately. Metcalf is definitely the better receiver and a legit WR1 prospect.

We will see...missing basically a whole yr because of a neck injury is no joke. Some teams check it out as fine and other won't. LVE didn't miss a full yr, but some teams flagged him (dropped him down board) teams over think that stuff in the top 10
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 23, 2018 at 7:29 PM ]
I'm already convinced that we should pick this kid. Bosa will be gone at #1 to the Raiders and we should trade down a bit and take Metcalf. This league is about out scoring people and getting timely turnovers and sacks in the 4th Quarter. We need offense.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I'm already convinced that we should pick this kid. Bosa will be gone at #1 to the Raiders and we should trade down a bit and take Metcalf. This league is about out scoring people and getting timely turnovers and sacks in the 4th Quarter. We need offense.

Which we've been doing oh so well right?

League has several non first round picks at WR doing great things and putting up big numbers. Much fewer edge rushers outside the first round.

Which this team sucks horribly at. In a passing league you need to be able to do two things in particular:

A. Pass the ball

B. Rush the passer

B is a much bigger deficiency than A. This team has zero legit edge rushers. Until they do, QB after QB will continue to carve them up.

Which this team sucks horribly at. In a passing league you need to be able to do two things in particular:

A. Pass the ball

B. Rush the passer

B is a much bigger deficiency than A. This team has zero legit edge rushers. Until they do, QB after QB will continue to carve them up.

Don't care. As stated, Bosa only is the exception. If Bosa is there he is the pick. But if not, I'm going offense all day. Have you not seen the best teams scoring 30+ on each other all year? It is a new game.
Don't care. As stated, Bosa only is the exception. If Bosa is there he is the pick. But if not, I'm going offense all day. Have you not seen the best teams scoring 30+ on each other all year? It is a new game.

Said teams

Saints - no first rounder at WR
Chiefs - only first rounder at WR is an overpaid Sammy Watkins. Hill their best WR was a 5th round pick
Rams - Brandin Cooks is the only first rounder and they didn't draft him.
Steelers - no first round WR. Brown is a 5th rounder
Pats - only first rounder is Phil Dorset who is now like the 5th WR there.

Only one WR drafted in the top 10 and he's an overpaid free agent WR.

You can put up points on offense without drafting a WR top 10.

Doesn't matter if you score 40 if you give up 50. The Saints tried that approach for years and got nowhere. Now they have an opportunistic, turnover happy defense and look like the best team in football.

Having the #1 offense is meaningless if you can't stop anyone.

Without a pass rush this team is competing for exactly two things:

A. jack

And

B. crap

In a draft loaded with edge rushers, it hardly has to be Bosa or nothing either. But it is absolutely the biggest need on the roster by far. I think the only way you can justify passing on an edge rusher in this draft is if for some reason a guy like Lawrence hits FA and you lock him up.

And most of those insane offenses don't have first RD WRs and if they do they haven't played to their draft pick.

How anyone can say we need a WR over a edge rusher is down right silly. It's not fantasy football.

Doesn't matter if you score 40 if you give up 50. The Saints tried that approach for years and got nowhere. Now they have an opportunistic, turnover happy defense and look like the best team in football.

A. jack

And

B. crap

In a draft loaded with edge rushers, it hardly has to be Bosa or nothing either. But it is absolutely the biggest need on the roster by far. I think the only way you can justify passing on an edge rusher in this draft is if for some reason a guy like Lawrence hits FA and you lock him up.

Totally agree AND look at all the picks the saints spent on defense the past couple seasons...that D had allowed 38 total pts the past 3 weeks. That's why they have the best chance to win the SB imo. KC won't win it all as long as they're giving up 50 pts.

I will say if we can move down (if Bosa is gone) and some how end up with DK and one of Allen/polite/burns/sweat I'd call that a success
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 24, 2018 at 5:24 AM ]
Originally posted by genus49:

Said teams

Saints - no first rounder at WR
Chiefs - only first rounder at WR is an overpaid Sammy Watkins. Hill their best WR was a 5th round pick
Rams - Brandin Cooks is the only first rounder and they didn't draft him.
Steelers - no first round WR. Brown is a 5th rounder
Pats - only first rounder is Phil Dorset who is now like the 5th WR there.

Only one WR drafted in the top 10 and he's an overpaid free agent WR.

You can put up points on offense without drafting a WR top 10.

But they all have great WR's, right? We don't have an argument. The point is they have great players and whether we are drafting great players. If you have a great WR talent that you could draft are you saying you wouldn't draft him because of the reasons you mentioned?

Rice- 1st rounder btw

A. jack

And

B. crap

If you can't even get to 40 you aren't even in the game. The NFL has been legislating defense out of the game for 10 years. Stop fighting the current.

Get a good pass rush and superstars on offense.
Share 49ersWebzone