LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

draft rumors and draft discussion 2018

Originally posted by Ernst82:
For me it's Quenton Nelson in the 1st. Might even be able to slide down a few slots if someone needs a QB and I have a good feeling a few good ones will still be available. If not Nelson then it's Barkley. Our run game sucks and needs addressed quickly. I have no issue resigning Hyde if we get Nelson.

Auden Tate in the 2nd or even a trade up into the late first is my dream scenario. I love our WR's and think Goodwin has it in him to be a great WR. I'm a huge Garcon fan but I am starting to regret his signing after Goodwin broke out. He could keep us from the kind of WR we need most. A big, strong TD catching machine.

I will dream all off season about an offense with Barkley and Tate. Unfortunately I doubt we see either of them sporting Red and Gold next year.

My dream I know will never come true is Chubb falling to #9. Maybe we could queitly promise him some extra money if he is willing to flip out on the medical staff at the combine

Didnt Shanahan state somewhere or somebody said he favors veteran lineman?
Originally posted by Stanley:
For me it's Quenton Nelson in the 1st. Might even be able to slide down a few slots if someone needs a QB and I have a good feeling a few good ones will still be available. If not Nelson then it's Barkley. Our run game sucks and needs addressed quickly. I have no issue resigning Hyde if we get Nelson.

Auden Tate in the 2nd or even a trade up into the late first is my dream scenario. I love our WR's and think Goodwin has it in him to be a great WR. I'm a huge Garcon fan but I am starting to regret his signing after Goodwin broke out. He could keep us from the kind of WR we need most. A big, strong TD catching machine.

I will dream all off season about an offense with Barkley and Tate. Unfortunately I doubt we see either of them sporting Red and Gold next year.

My dream I know will never come true is Chubb falling to #9. Maybe we could queitly promise him some extra money if he is willing to flip out on the medical staff at the combine

Hope so because I prefer building the oline with known commodities and save the draft for playmakers in the early rounds at least
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Hope so because I prefer building the oline with known commodities and save the draft for playmakers in the early rounds at least

+1

Give me ER, WR, or CB playmaker

Man I wouldn't mind seeing Nelson or Smith choke slamming guys though.

get ryan jensen at center and nelson or smith to go with garnett.... those are some enforcers up front we need some nasty in the NFC West
Have not really been checking, but I think there is more wr and cb desirables in FA than edge rusher and OL that we would want. We do need to get a wr, we don't know how Garcon is going to be coming off that injury, plus age. Marquise while excellent and shows he could be a #1 wr, is injury prone his pro career.

Going with Edge rusher or OL at the position we are in.

BTW, wasn't Darnold who said he would return to school if the Browns has the #1 pick? Wonder if he will try to pull an Elway/Manning?

Hopefully all the QBs will soar so that the niners will have more choices and options.

My wish lists inclued
Chubbs (not happening), Minkah (probably not happening), Nelson, Laundry, in essense hope we do just as well this off season
Originally posted by NYniner85:

get ryan jensen at center and nelson or smith to go with garnett.... those are some enforcers up front we need some nasty in the NFC West

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Not sure who else said that but I remember saying it in another thread. I was just going off track record but he didn't actually say he does too. But I'm not saying he won't draft an O-lineman because I'm sure he will I just don't think it would be in the 1st round.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Have not really been checking, but I think there is more wr and cb desirables in FA than edge rusher and OL that we would want. We do need to get a wr, we don't know how Garcon is going to be coming off that injury, plus age. Marquise while excellent and shows he could be a #1 wr, is injury prone his pro career.

Going with Edge rusher or OL at the position we are in.

BTW, wasn't Darnold who said he would return to school if the Browns has the #1 pick? Wonder if he will try to pull an Elway/Manning?

Hopefully all the QBs will soar so that the niners will have more choices and options.

My wish lists inclued
Chubbs (not happening), Minkah (probably not happening), Nelson, Laundry, in essense hope we do just as well this off season

Elway was special because of his playing time in the Yankees farm system. The Yanks were high on him and though the threat rings hollow, Elway was ready to make baseball his career until such time as he could work something out with a real NFL team.
Guys, threads tend to wander in the Draft forum and that's fine, but let's try to steer this one back to the rumor mill and away from our own individual preferences. Thanks.

Don't know if he stated it outright, but it's always been reported that Kyle likes veteran centers because he likes them to be able to read the defense and make calls etc.

Not sure how reliable this guy is, but tI can't help taking a little interest in who the Pats will get as their new heir apparent.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/1/3/16842610/2018-nfl-draft-rumors-patriots-linked-to-the-most-prolific-quarterback-in-pac-12-history

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I agree. Nelson moves pretty well for a big man and has a mean streak just like Smith. Add a motivated Garnett plus the veteran pivot and our line should be golden.
The rumor is that Lamar Jackson is inclined to stay in school. I think he's a top 3 QB in the draft. That hurts us bc when the day of the draft comes, teams get desperate for their quarterback.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
The rumor is that Lamar Jackson is inclined to stay in school. I think he's a top 3 QB in the draft. That hurts us bc when the day of the draft comes, teams get desperate for their quarterback.

Smart choice by him. If he improves like he did this last year throwing the ball I would think he would be a lock for the 1st pick
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Smart choice by him. If he improves like he did this last year throwing the ball I would think he would be a lock for the 1st pick

I don't know. It's the same with Darnold to me. Don't take a chance of going back and getting injured and losing out period.

LJ comes out now and slides he ends up with a great team. Best case scenario he ends up on the Pats and succeeds tom Brady.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I don't know. It's the same with Darnold to me. Don't take a chance of going back and getting injured and losing out period.

LJ comes out now and slides he ends up with a great team. Best case scenario he ends up on the Pats and succeeds tom Brady.

Yeah but Darnold didn't improve this last year. His coaches will still be the same and all he would do is hurt his stock. Jackson looked much better in the pocket this year. His coaching is obviously being applied to the field. Injuries can happen at any time but if he can stay in college and gain some damn weight and stay injury free he would be better off than going in now looking like Gumby.
Share 49ersWebzone