He's really growing on after watching a handful of his games. His mechanics and footwork are easily the best in the class. He's very clean and coordinated with his feet, and his delivery is tight and release is quick.
Goes through progressions with ease on tape. Has kind of a gunslinger mentality and can get a wild hair up his nos every once in awhile that leads to a bad throw/turn over.
As far as pro prospects go, he's significantly ahead of everyone else at the top of the draft.
There are 973 users in the forums
Nathan Peterman-QB-Pitt
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:17 PM
- Heroism
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,754
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:32 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,395
Originally posted by Heroism:
He's really growing on after watching a handful of his games. His mechanics and footwork are easily the best in the class. He's very clean and coordinated with his feet, and his delivery is tight and release is quick.
Goes through progressions with ease on tape. Has kind of a gunslinger mentality and can get a wild hair up his nos every once in awhile that leads to a bad throw/turn over.
As far as pro prospects go, he's significantly ahead of everyone else at the top of the draft.
He struggled badly at Tennessee but seemed to find his way at Pitt and comparing some of his junior vs senior performances is pretty staggering, he showed a lot of improvement this past season.
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:39 PM
- Heroism
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,754
Which is an important point. You always want to get a guy that is making strides and getting better. You want a player's arrow to be pointing up coming out of college.
That was one reason I really liked Dak.
That was one reason I really liked Dak.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 25, 2017 at 9:39 PM ]
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:47 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,395
Originally posted by Heroism:
Which is an important point. You always want to get a guy that is making strides and getting better. You want a player's arrow to be pointing up coming out of college.
That was one reason I really liked Dak.
Yep. One of the first things I look at, how much improvement has there been? If a guy is flat-lining or getting worse as he goes in college, it makes you skeptical that he'll be able to improve when the competition level gets a lot tougher.
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:50 PM
- DJamhour
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,467
Exactly, he seems to be a solid day 2 pick. This is exactly the type of qb I'd have. Leader, accuracy and and good decision making. Being able to buy time if needed and not try to tuck and run everytime there's pressure. When all said and done, he'll probably go mid 2nd with the amount of qb needy teams.
"Some little things with footwork, and going back to the season, I think I can extend the play a little bit more," Peterman said. "Those Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger type of things, and I think that's when big plays come."
"Some little things with footwork, and going back to the season, I think I can extend the play a little bit more," Peterman said. "Those Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger type of things, and I think that's when big plays come."
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:51 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,395
Originally posted by DJamhour:
Exactly, he seems to be a solid day 2 pick. This is exactly the type of qb I'd have. Leader, accuracy and and good decision making. Being able to buy time if needed and not try to tuck and run everytime there's pressure. When all said and done, he'll probably go mid 2nd with the amount of qb needy teams.
"Some little things with footwork, and going back to the season, I think I can extend the play a little bit more," Peterman said. "Those Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger type of things, and I think that's when big plays come."
Pitt sharing a training facility with the Steelers certainly didn't hurt. Reportedly he spent a lot of time chatting up Big Ben and looking for tips, hopefully non date-rape related.
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:57 PM
- DJamhour
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,467
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:Pitt sharing a training facility with the Steelers certainly didn't hurt. Reportedly he spent a lot of time chatting up Big Ben and looking for tips, hopefully non date-rape related.
That's awesome but at the same time with Big Ben Looking like he'll retire or maybe play another year. What makes us think they won't get him and have him learn under Ben for the year? Maybe even go as early as late first with a great offseason and combine?
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:58 PM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,106
Originally posted by DJamhour:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Pitt sharing a training facility with the Steelers certainly didn't hurt. Reportedly he spent a lot of time chatting up Big Ben and looking for tips, hopefully non date-rape related.
That's awesome but at the same time with Big Ben Looking like he'll retire or maybe play another year. What makes us think they won't get him and have him learn under Ben for the year? Maybe even go as early as late first with a great offseason and combine?
Because the road to Peterman starts with the 49ers.
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:58 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,395
Originally posted by DJamhour:
That's awesome but at the same time with Big Ben Looking like he'll retire or maybe play another year. What makes us think they won't get him and have him learn under Ben for the year? Maybe even go as early as late first with a great offseason and combine?
I really doubt it. I think late 2nd/early 3rd is his ceiling. We'll have to see how the offseason unfolds but I think if the 49ers don't go QB early, Peterman could be quite appealing to Shanahan.
Jan 25, 2017 at 10:06 PM
- DJamhour
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,467
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:I really doubt it. I think late 2nd/early 3rd is his ceiling. We'll have to see how the offseason unfolds but I think if the 49ers don't go QB early, Peterman could be quite appealing to Shanahan.
Sure I'll be all for it. Especially if we have Garrett on the board, this could be the making of one hell of a draft if we grab him in the 3rd along with a nice receiver in the 2nd. I'd rate this draft astronomically!!
As a bonus, I know he's probably tried mutiple times for some of these but he seems accreate https://youtu.be/iqL6jwejLS0
Jan 26, 2017 at 3:14 PM
- dlance
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,075
I like him later in the draft. If they want to draft 2 QB taking him in the 4th or 5th would be nice. I like they way he steps up in pocket and on scramble he is still looking to throw the ball down the field.
Jan 26, 2017 at 3:21 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,395
Originally posted by dlance:
I like him later in the draft. If they want to draft 2 QB taking him in the 4th or 5th would be nice. I like they way he steps up in pocket and on scramble he is still looking to throw the ball down the field.
It would be nice but that is not happening. I don't see him like a Tom Savage, a recent Pitt QB, I think he's a better overall prospect and a guy with NFL starter upside. He'll be gone before the 4th round assuming he doesn't get injured or does something stupid prior to the draft.
Jan 26, 2017 at 3:33 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,395
https://twitter.com/Rob_Lowder/status/824352970712051712
And the "Oh God, I think I'm having a seizure" view of the play.
https://twitter.com/ChaseGoodbread/status/824346950887755778
And the "Oh God, I think I'm having a seizure" view of the play.
https://twitter.com/ChaseGoodbread/status/824346950887755778
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 26, 2017 at 3:33 PM ]
Jan 26, 2017 at 3:39 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,395



Jan 26, 2017 at 4:04 PM
- WRATHman44
- Staff
- Posts: 16,956
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mmmmmmkay, good throw, but how the blue, tap-dancing hell did he miss his #3 running all alone down the middle of the field?