49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 694 users in the forums

Mike Williams (WR Clemson)

Browse 49ers books and videos
I'm not a big trade value guy since the model really doesn't hold. I wouldn't mind trading down to below 10 to pick a WR. Other than swapping 1sts, what additional high pick can we expect? A future 1? This years 2?

Does anyone have any historical data of the return for a 2 pick trading down to 10 or lower?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
With the number 2 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the 49ers select WR out of Clemson Mike Williams, how many would be mad..? lol

I would be so happy!
Originally posted by jersey49er:
With the number 2 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the 49ers select WR out of Clemson Mike Williams, how many would be mad..? lol

I think it would be a ridiculous reach for a possession receiver. He'd be getting drafted earlier than AJ Green and Julio Jones while not being close to as talented.
I would be pissed if we drafted Williams at 2.
Williams had trouble getting separation in college. In the pro's he may not be able to get open. His vertical leap combine numbers arent even that impressive. High bust factor here. Ill pass.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
With the number 2 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the 49ers select WR out of Clemson Mike Williams, how many would be mad..? lol

I think it would be a ridiculous reach for a possession receiver. He'd be getting drafted earlier than AJ Green and Julio Jones while not being close to as talented.

I feel you but you can't compare this draft to others cause there's no clear game changers with no concerns.. Williams could be gone at 5 to the Titans.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Williams had trouble getting separation in college. In the pro's he may not be able to get open. His vertical leap combine numbers arent even that impressive. High bust factor here. Ill pass.

i so agree. I am a huge Clemson fan. big family history there, and i have watched enough games to know this kid makes you scratch your head. He had a hell of a time getting separation even against mediocre teams. some games you just were like WTF is he doing? For someone his size he should've dominated. now he did have a nasty neck injury so maybe that has had some play into it.
I just don't see him having a huge career in the NFL hell i mean what clemson WR not named Clark has killed it? Davis IMHO is by far the best WR in this class and has the makings of a great NFL WR. Williams...i see him on the injury report a lot.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Williams had trouble getting separation in college. In the pro's he may not be able to get open. His vertical leap combine numbers arent even that impressive. High bust factor here. Ill pass.

i so agree. I am a huge Clemson fan. big family history there, and i have watched enough games to know this kid makes you scratch your head. He had a hell of a time getting separation even against mediocre teams. some games you just were like WTF is he doing? For someone his size he should've dominated. now he did have a nasty neck injury so maybe that has had some play into it.
I just don't see him having a huge career in the NFL hell i mean what clemson WR not named Clark has killed it? Davis IMHO is by far the best WR in this class and has the makings of a great NFL WR. Williams...i see him on the injury report a lot.

They said the same about Plax(if I'm not mistaken) and Alshon. Agree he's risky doe.
say it with me.. "Mike Williams! Mike Williams! Mike Williams!"
Nah.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I feel you but you can't compare this draft to others cause there's no clear game changers with no concerns.. Williams could be gone at 5 to the Titans.

So let him be gone. WR's have one of the highest bust rates in the 1st round of the draft. 49ers might be dodging a bullet. Williams is good but he's not an elite WR prospect by any stretch of the imagination. Big possession receiver who struggled to separate in college. You expect a lot better than that in the Top 10.

I feel a lot better about the 49ers taking Corey Davis, Evan Engram or John Ross later on in the draft rather than reaching for Williams.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 27, 2017 at 3:12 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,532
Not good for his rookie year

Originally posted by Jcool:
Not good for his rookie year


Man, Am I glad we didn't pick him.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,887
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Not good for his rookie year


Man, Am I glad we didn't pick him.

+1
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Not good for his rookie year


Man, Am I glad we didn't pick him.

+1

That's odd to be glad we didn't pick a player who hasn't played an NFL down..if his injury doesn't keep him out his whole rookie season he will still play and get a lot of targets withAllen on the other side and Benjamin in the slot..if he's healthy I expect him to challenge for rookie of the year with Gerald Everett and OJ Howard
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone