There are 618 users in the forums
Christian McCaffrey--Stanford
Browse 49ers books and videos
Apr 24, 2017 at 8:51 PM
- SmokeCrabtrees
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,580
I hope he goes to the Browns if we don't trade with them lol.
Apr 25, 2017 at 5:10 AM
- evil
- Veteran
- Posts: 46,737
Originally posted by Niners418:Anyone else think he's a potential option for us at 2? Not saying it's what I want but this would be such a dangerous weapon to add
Yes, I think they would prefer to trade down and grab McCaffrey though as they have a few others rated a little higher but McCaffrey is in the discussion because he can have the biggest overall impact being he can be a 4 down player from day 1.
He can take some of the RB workload, can be lined up as a WR (both in the slot and out wide) and can be the PR and KR day 1. With a creative offensive mind which our is, he is a game changer and opposing DC's will have to game plan to try and slow him down and or take him away from the offense.
Apr 25, 2017 at 7:16 AM
- Jcool
- Veteran
- Posts: 44,532

This is a Shady McCoy type cutback here--McCaffrey is a bad dude. pic.twitter.com/ZGPaYQelvR
— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) March 28, 2017
Apr 25, 2017 at 7:22 AM
- strickac
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,176
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:Originally posted by Niners418:Anyone else think he's a potential option for us at 2? Not saying it's what I want but this would be such a dangerous weapon to add
Not so much, but who knows, if both Lynch and Shanahan are sold on him, anything is possible but I see him as a tradedown target.
This. At #2, I think it would be a huge reach. The top-10 is reaching IMO, but I've seen him projected there lately.
Apr 25, 2017 at 8:23 AM
- KyleShanahan
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,779
Originally posted by strickac:
This. At #2, I think it would be a huge reach. The top-10 is reaching IMO, but I've seen him projected there lately.
I have.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705015-why-christian-mccaffrey-is-a-legitimate-top-10-talent-in-the-2017-nfl-draft
Apr 25, 2017 at 8:30 AM
- hondakillerzx
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,280
ive read all about where players are "supposed" to be taken and that people are drafted too early, but if we feel hes going to be a special part of our offense, i wouldnt be mad. Juice and this dude are both the swiss army knife type of player that we can move around everywhere. might be fun to watch
Apr 25, 2017 at 10:20 AM
- 9er4lyphe
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,662
Member Milestone:
This is post number 900 for 9er4lyphe.
After Thursday, McCaffrey will be a 49er
Apr 25, 2017 at 10:27 AM
- okdkid
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,726
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Niners418:
Anyone else think he's a potential option for us at 2? Not saying it's what I want but this would be such a dangerous weapon to add
Not so much, but who knows, if both Lynch and Shanahan are sold on him, anything is possible but I see him as a tradedown target.
This. At #2, I think it would be a huge reach. The top-10 is reaching IMO, but I've seen him projected there lately.
I dunno.
Collective wisdom says that players #2-#10 are valued roughly the same. And McCaffrey is routinely being mocked in at #8 and the subject of many 'trade up' into the top 10 proposals with the Eagles and Broncos.
I don't think it would be anymore of a reach than taking any other player regularly discussed in the top 10.
[ Edited by okdkid on Apr 25, 2017 at 10:28 AM ]
Apr 25, 2017 at 10:30 AM
- hello28
- Veteran
- Posts: 237
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Niners418:
Anyone else think he's a potential option for us at 2? Not saying it's what I want but this would be such a dangerous weapon to add
Not so much, but who knows, if both Lynch and Shanahan are sold on him, anything is possible but I see him as a tradedown target.
This. At #2, I think it would be a huge reach. The top-10 is reaching IMO, but I've seen him projected there lately.
I dunno.
Collective wisdom says that players #2-#10 are valued roughly the same. And McCaffrey is routinely being mocked in at #8 and the subject of many 'trade up' into the top 10 proposals with the Eagles and Broncos.
I don't think it would be anymore of a reach than taking any other player regularly discussed in the top 10.
I've kept thinking they could take Fournette, but I've always wanted them to get McCaffrey, but figured #2 was too high for him.... but it's true..since there are a bunch of players at the top of the draft that grade out about equally, why not take McCaffrey at #2. He could really make a big impact on our offense and we need an Impact guy at #2. I'm all for it!
Apr 25, 2017 at 10:30 AM
- pdizo916
- Member
- Posts: 38,241
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:After Thursday, McCaffrey will be a 49er
If they trade down to 8 then i would love him there
Apr 25, 2017 at 11:15 AM
- DonnieDarko
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,848
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
After Thursday, McCaffrey will be a 49er
hopefully we trade back and take him if garrett is off the board
Apr 25, 2017 at 11:19 AM
- BuZzB05
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,615
No no.i don't want him. Pass on him!! Period
Apr 25, 2017 at 2:23 PM
- KyleShanahan
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,779
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
No no.i don't want him. Pass on him!! Period
lol you serious? why not?
Apr 25, 2017 at 2:36 PM
- SmokeCrabtrees
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,580
Originally posted by KyleShanahan:Originally posted by BuZzB05:No no.i don't want him. Pass on him!! Period
lol you serious? why not?
Are you really intrigued to know why from him lol.
Apr 25, 2017 at 2:40 PM
- Izyniner
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,699
Frank Gore 5-9 217 to small for every down back?