There are 271 users in the forums

2011 WZ Draft- Official Picks - mayo49 (PIT) OTC

Originally posted by joey82:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
lol at peterson going #1.

Peterson had back to back seasons at a high level. Hes a elite prospect and Carolina needs a CB like we need a QB. Laugh all you want now but when he runs in the 4.3s hes very likely to be #1.

Carolina does not need a CB, there secondary has been very good over the last two years. They need more help at DT/DE. Plus, you can also say that about AJ Green. Elite prospect that could run in the late 4.3s and is a much bigger need for Carolina than CB.

Gamble,Munnerlyn and Marshall have been mugged in their division n out. If you lived in the Carolinas you would know that. They need a CB with elite speed,size, jumping and cover skills in the NFC South.

Green was real close to be picked same with Fairly. I just liked Peterson more than the other 2 and in 3rd n 4th rd i can fill the DT and WR needs here. It was a tough spot to pick after Luck left and Peterson is the best player in this years draft so he went #1.

Carolina needs somebody to replace Peppers. It doesn't matter how good your corners are if you can't get pressure on the QB. Brees, Ryan and Johnson have shown the ability to pick apart defenses given time. Games are generally won in the trenches not on the edge.

If I was a Carolina fan and they picked Peterson I would be livid.

Too good to pass up and if you lived in Panther country you would know alot of people want Peterson or Green over anyone else. Rivera has been talking up Smith and the young WRs like Gettis. Plus Rivera is a defensive coach so why wouldnt he take the best defensive player? With those QBs in your division you better have CB who can cover White,Colston, and Williams.

Trench battles are only won if you can cover. Or all that work gets wasted because those QBs n WRs will make plays despite the pressure if the coverage sucks.
Originally posted by joey82:
lol at peterson going #1.

Peterson had back to back seasons at a high level. Hes a elite prospect and Carolina needs a CB like we need a QB. Laugh all you want now but when he runs in the 4.3s hes very likely to be #1.

Carolina does not need a CB, there secondary has been very good over the last two years. They need more help at DT/DE. Plus, you can also say that about AJ Green. Elite prospect that could run in the late 4.3s and is a much bigger need for Carolina than CB.

Gamble,Munnerlyn and Marshall have been mugged in their division n out. If you lived in the Carolinas you would know that. They need a CB with elite speed,size, jumping and cover skills in the NFC South.

Green was real close to be picked same with Fairly. I just liked Peterson more than the other 2 and in 3rd n 4th rd i can fill the DT and WR needs here. It was a tough spot to pick after Luck left and Peterson is the best player in this years draft so he went #1.

Carolina needs somebody to replace Peppers. It doesn't matter how good your corners are if you can't get pressure on the QB. Brees, Ryan and Johnson have shown the ability to pick apart defenses given time. Games are generally won in the trenches not on the edge.

If I was a Carolina fan and they picked Peterson I would be livid.

Too good to pass up and if you lived in Panther country you would know alot of people want Peterson or Green over anyone else. Rivera has been talking up Smith and the young WRs like Gettis. Plus Rivera is a defensive coach so why wouldnt he take the best defensive player? With those QBs in your division you better have CB who can cover White,Colston, and Williams.

Trench battles are only won if you can cover. Or all that work gets wasted because those QBs n WRs will make plays despite the pressure if the coverage sucks.

You are 100% right. He would. That's why he will take Nick Fairley at #1.
How long do we wait on the skins?
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:

Don't know... have not seen AB on here today. I had (have) my doubts that this whole thing can work without time-slots for each pick.

I did PM the next in line, FWIW, but that was a while ago...
[ Edited by oldman9er on Jan 17, 2011 at 3:15 PM ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Don't know... have not seen AB on here today. I had (have) my doubts that this whole thing can work without time-slots for each pick.

I don't see how the Skins would pass on Gabbert here at #10. Many see him as the best QB in the draft and he would be a solid fit in Shannys offense.

We normally have worked with time slots before.. didn't realize this wasn't the case with this one.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

I don't see how the Skins would pass on Gabbert here at #10. Many see him as the best QB in the draft and he would be a solid fit in Shannys offense.

We normally have worked with time slots before.. didn't realize this wasn't the case with this one.

I'm hoping that changes soon.... gotta implement time-slots.

Yes, I was figuring the Skins to grab a QB here. Gabbert would be >>> than Newton for Shanahan's system, I would think. Not seeing another WR worthy here.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Just took a quick glance at the first 8 picks and I doubt that any player goes to the team that there are selected in here to go to.

Carolina - they will trade down or take Fairley. Has a CB ever been drafted #1 in the
history of the NFL???? It wont happen this year either.

QB's.... Locker and Mallett ahead of Gabbert?? Um.... no chance

I think the only 2 picks that make sense for the team at the spot they drafted so far are the picks for Denver (Fairley) and Cincy (Bowers).

Its all fun though... just my 2 cents so far.

Um the Bills having the WORST Run D in the NFL taking Dareus is an A+. Wasnt gonna take a QB that high. It aint sexy, but it makes sense to the Bills 3-4 D in which Marcel has run his whole collegiate career.
im here guys, ummm, i say give it an hour or so and then we will move on.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
im here guys, ummm, i say give it an hour or so and then we will move on.

skip the team selection, or make it for Washington?
whats the consensus guys, who would the Skins take? Gabbert, Newton, or a DL.

They dont need DL...they have Albert Haynes.....uh.....nevermind

My vote would go to Gabbert, I guess. Skins need a QB badly, and not all will fit Shanahan's system... but I think Gabbert would.
Sorry guys, just got home from work. Didn't see a PM or else I would have checked during my break.

I will make the pick soon.
It's gotta be a QB. Close call between Newton and Gabbert, but I don't think they pass up Newton.
I wish I had more time; I would love to trade down. I think the Skins need more help at the O-line and RB position.

If anyone is interested in a trade, let me know in the next few minutes. If not, the pick will be Gabbert.
Share 49ersWebzone