There are 250 users in the forums

2011 WZ Draft- Official Picks - mayo49 (PIT) OTC

Originally posted by JD81:
I was severely torn on this pick...Don't kill me too bad. I know how everyone feels about Prince Amukamara, BUT new regimes ALWAYS go for the quarterback. Jed York has stressed the importance of this position, and even Coach Harbaugh has stated that even he knows the "quarterback of the future is not on our roster." With that being said...

With the 7th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

Jake Locker, Washington

Hear me out. Before this season, Locker was regarded as the BEST quarterback in college football. Had he declared LAST YEAR he could have been selected BEFORE Sam Bradford. He decided to give it another season, and due to that decision many have Locker written off.

Locker has a very quick release, good arm strength and has great feet. His mechanics are very sound. He is accurate when his receivers decide they don't want to drop his passes(LOL), and is very accurate while on the move.

With a good combine I feel he will be back in that top discussion as he was a year ago. The talent base in Washington this year wasn't there and there is no sugarcoating Locker's struggles, but as NFL-ready QBs go, Locker may be the best.

Locker has also displayed superior leadership. Coming back to school for his senior year notwithstanding, Locker played the last three games of this season with a broken rib. That tells me this is a kid who wants to play, and wants to win. Toughness is a must in the NFL, and Locker is as tough as they come in this draft.

Also, keep in mind this key element....The 49ers (and ANY NFL team for that matter) cannot sign free agents until the CBA is reached. The draft may be Harbaugh's first shot at getting a QB.

Simply not true. 58.2 is Lockers highest comp %. Thats AWFUL.

The Harb got to see this kid play up close and personal. Many times. Locker is like the opposite of what he wants in a QB.

Way to ruin this mock almost as bad as the dude that picked Peterson #1. Corners don't go that high. Ever.
well, there goes my choice, i was looking at Quinn.

So My pick is Clayborn.

Vikes could lose Edwards in FA and they always could use quality depth.
49ers could have traded down and still gotten Locker.
With the #13 overall pick, the Detroit Lions select...
AKEEM AYERS.... OLB... from UCLA

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
well, there goes my choice, i was looking at Quinn.

So My pick is Clayborn.

Vikes could lose Edwards in FA and they always could use quality depth.

How did I know the one team that needs a QB of the future, and your disdain of qb's you pass....
Originally posted by JD81:
I was severely torn on this pick...Don't kill me too bad. I know how everyone feels about Prince Amukamara, BUT new regimes ALWAYS go for the quarterback. Jed York has stressed the importance of this position, and even Coach Harbaugh has stated that even he knows the "quarterback of the future is not on our roster." With that being said...

With the 7th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

Jake Locker, Washington

Hear me out. Before this season, Locker was regarded as the BEST quarterback in college football. Had he declared LAST YEAR he could have been selected BEFORE Sam Bradford. He decided to give it another season, and due to that decision many have Locker written off.

Locker has a very quick release, good arm strength and has great feet. His mechanics are very sound. He is accurate when his receivers decide they don't want to drop his passes(LOL), and is very accurate while on the move.

With a good combine I feel he will be back in that top discussion as he was a year ago. The talent base in Washington this year wasn't there and there is no sugarcoating Locker's struggles, but as NFL-ready QBs go, Locker may be the best.

Locker has also displayed superior leadership. Coming back to school for his senior year notwithstanding, Locker played the last three games of this season with a broken rib. That tells me this is a kid who wants to play, and wants to win. Toughness is a must in the NFL, and Locker is as tough as they come in this draft.

Also, keep in mind this key element....The 49ers (and ANY NFL team for that matter) cannot sign free agents until the CBA is reached. The draft may be Harbaugh's first shot at getting a QB.

Everything I have seen of the guy suggests that he has a ways to go as a passer. Why would we want to take a QB who's passing isn't even a strength?
I think the 49ers draft of Locker really changed the face of this draft.
This draft is really bad. Amazingly bad actually. The Vikings
would do cartwheels if Cam Newton was available at # 15.
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
I think the 49ers draft of Locker really changed the face of this draft.

Peterson #1 overall
I honestly think anything can and will happen in this years draft.

I can see us, although I would hate it, take Locker at 7.

I for one like the Locker pick.

You honestly can tell me that Minnesota passes on Cam?

This draft is a FAIL....
Not a huge fan of Locker but check this out. The guy is a playmaker. If we get him, I'd think that Harbaugh could polish him up.

Now that Harbaugh is our coach, and that we'll be running a WCO; I'm more than open now to taking Jake Locker at #7.

I've knocked the kid pretty hard, but only out of the assumption that he wouldn't develop well under us if Sing had still been around (to destroy yet another QB).
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

You honestly can tell me that Minnesota passes on Cam?

This draft is a FAIL....

im tellling you now, Cam, Gabbert and the rest are not worthy of a top 15 pick. SOrry just arent, not with better players at other positions of need availabe.

Especialy when I might be able to grab a QB in rd's 2-4.
Share 49ersWebzone