LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

YOU are on the clock...

So do we go Spiller or Iupati? I think those are the only real options here. I would love to have both, but it would be great to see Gore running behind a good O-line again so I would lean towards Iupati. What does everyone think?
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Nevermind

Just curious, what was your selection going to be?

Corey Wootton

I almost went with him for the Giants but their safeties just looked so bad last year and should start. Wootton looked like more of a depth pick.
  • evil
  • Veteran
No sign of kronik so........

The San Francisco 49ers select

Golden Tate WR Notre Dame 5"11 195

While most would assume this pick would be Spiller or Iupati, they surprise with a WR with speed to stretch the field vertically and ability to help in the return game. Tate has shown a ton of versatility in Weis' offense (which is a trait GM Scot McCloughan has shown a penchant for), lining up at flanker, split end and in the slot while being used in the wildcat and at times as a RB (the position he played in HS) as well as being used as a return man. Tate proved to be a clutch player with a knack for making big plays and the ability to make people miss. The 49ers lack the ability to stretch defenses vertically and looked best when playing a spread style offense, so they continue to use that approach going forward especially seeing as it puts QB Alex Smith in a position to succeed.

(For those who say this would NEVER happen how many would have guessed we would take Balmer/Rachal in 2008 over Merling/Sweed/Jackson/Thomas)
No Iupati.

I want to convert 3rd and 1's with Iupati...
17th pick Niners pick Iupati. No more blitzes up the middle to worry about. Suh and Dockett doesn't scare us anymore.
That pick isn't official. I'm giving Kronik until 10:00am PST to make his pick. If not, then Golden Tate it is.
Originally posted by kronik:
17th pick Niners pick Iupati. No more blitzes up the middle to worry about. Suh and Dockett doesn't scare us anymore.

It's Iupati then.
  • evil
  • Veteran

It's Iupati then.

Oooooook. He showed up after the 30 minutes you gave him but whatever.
Steelers are on the clock...
Pittsburgh Steelers select

Trent Williams OT Oklahoma 6'5" 308 5.3

They need oline help big time.

Originally posted by KRS-1:

It's Iupati then.

I said ABOUT a half hour, so I did give him ABOUT a half hour. And I didn't want Golden Tate Haha, just kidding. I just wanted to give him a chance since he was assigned the pick.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Pittsburgh Steelers select

Trent Williams OT Oklahoma 6'5" 308 5.3

They need oline help big time.

You still have to wait one more pick before you can pick again.
Steelers are still on the clock...

It's Iupati then.

I said ABOUT a half hour, so I did give him ABOUT a half hour. And I didn't want Golden Tate Haha, just kidding. I just wanted to give him a chance since he was assigned the pick.

Thx for waiting. PS, u guys wake up too early on Sundays.

It's Iupati then.

Thx for waiting. PS, u guys wake up too early on Sundays.

I'm at work, that's the only reason I'm up. And I'm central time.
Share 49ersWebzone