LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

Quote:
The 49ers reportedly had their eyes on a potentially rich 2010 quarterback class when they traded their 2009 second-round pick for the Panthers' first-rounder next year.

This might seem idiotic when you consider Carolina went 12-4 last year, lost little key personnel, and seems unlikely to provide a high 2010 pick. But the 49ers reportedly examined the Panthers' 2009 schedule and deemed it very difficult. San Fran could also trade up with two first-round picks. Sam Bradford (Oklahoma) and Jevan Snead. (Ole Miss)

Pro Sports Daily Forum

Just food for thought!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I want Sam Bradford but I have feeling he will go #1 overall.

If Tim Tebow improves as a passer, he would be my second choice. Really really interested in seeing his new QB coach improve his mechanics. Would like to see him take more snaps under center and go through his progressions.
  • evil
  • Veteran
I'd keep my eyes on Jevan Snead, Tim Hiller and Pat Devlin (Joe Flacco part deux?).
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

If Tim Tebow improves as a passer, he would be my second choice. Really really interested in seeing his new QB coach improve his mechanics. Would like to see him take more snaps under center and go through his progressions.

I prefer Snead to Bradford but that's just me.

What worries me about Bradford is i haven't seen any toughness out of the guy. I haven't seen him get hit in the mouth and get back up and really led his team to tough victory. It's like I'm just not sure how tough he is and if he's really built for the NFL. Time will tell but i dont' think the Niners will be picking that high to get him either.
Tim Tebow would fit our offense.
Bradford plays primarily in a shotgun spread offense.

McCoy does too.

Teebow is another Urban Meyer creation.

I don't know much about Snead - only seen his name mentioned around the 'net.

All look like question marks to me. I don't even want to try picking a favorite right now, so hopefully one of them removes all concern next year...
These are the guys that would fit the Niners best IMO:

Tim Hiller Western Michigan 6'5" 228 lbs - prototype size and arm with quick release

Tony Pike Cincinnati 6'6" 215 lbs - lanky but good arm and footwork, makes all throws
Let the Tebow hate commence...

Originally posted by GoFD74:
Let the Tebow hate commence...

Or Alex Smith comparisions

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I keep hearing a lot about Snead, but can't really make any comments about him, have not seen him play once, even if I did, I didn't notice him enough to remember his name.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:

What worries me about Bradford is i haven't seen any toughness out of the guy. I haven't seen him get hit in the mouth and get back up and really led his team to tough victory. It's like I'm just not sure how tough he is and if he's really built for the NFL. Time will tell but i dont' think the Niners will be picking that high to get him either.

Toughness?? Bradford stands in the pocket till the last minute and makes his passes. 86 TD's to 16 INT's, sure that's college and the spread system, but that's also a QB that makes some good decisions. Does look a bit stiff when hes dropping back to pass, reminds me a little of Gio Carmazzi during Pre-season, but I'm sure that's workable.

But yah Bradford will probably go to the Denver Broncos #1 overall.
  • evil
  • Veteran

I keep hearing a lot about Snead, but can't really make any comments about him, have not seen him play once, even if I did, I didn't notice him enough to remember his name.

You'll have to keep your eye out for some Ole Miss games this year
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
These are the guys that would fit the Niners best IMO:

Tim Hiller Western Michigan 6'5" 228 lbs - prototype size and arm with quick release

Tony Pike Cincinnati 6'6" 215 lbs - lanky but good arm and footwork, makes all throws

I have a few reservations about Pike as he struggled a bit vs better defenses, but I'll wait until after this year to pass a fair judgment.

You'll have to keep your eye out for some Ole Miss games this year

Snead is a raw talent (sort of Bret Favre-like in that way), but not very disciplined in the pocket and still getting used to the nuances of reading coverages and such, but there's a lot to like about someone with his size, ability/mobility and cannon for an arm.
Share 49ersWebzone