There are 174 users in the forums

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
bradford, mccoy and tebow are my favorites. say all u want about tebow but the man is a competitor and he wins. and he can also run. but i hope this is a moot point because Alex Smit 2.0 will be good this year. if not, bring on bradford or mccoy if possible and tebow as option 3

In my honest opinion, I prefer Texas' QB Colt McCoy. He is one of the most accurate college QBs I've ever seen!
Originally posted by PTulini:
bradford, mccoy and tebow are my favorites. say all u want about tebow but the man is a competitor and he wins. and he can also run. but i hope this is a moot point because Alex Smit 2.0 will be good this year. if not, bring on bradford or mccoy if possible and tebow as option 3

In my honest opinion, I prefer Texas' QB Colt McCoy. He is one of the most accurate college QBs I've ever seen!

i like mccoy's scrambling ability. the niners need a scrambling QB. to me its just another weapon the other team has to account for if they QB can run.

I agree. McCoy would be my preference. I think he's going to be the best of next year's QB's. and the best part is we probably wouldn't have to trade up to get him.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
These are the guys that would fit the Niners best IMO:

Tim Hiller Western Michigan 6'5" 228 lbs - prototype size and arm with quick release

Tony Pike Cincinnati 6'6" 215 lbs - lanky but good arm and footwork, makes all throws

Yep, I'd rather use our 2 picks on other positions.. We'd still have our 2nd. and 3rd. rounders for these guys.
If Carolina has a good season an we get a draft pick toward the end of the first round, I still believe there will be a great QB there. The 2010 class is so deep
I like Snead. With say 3 picks in the first 45-50 picks or so we should be able to get our QB of future if we need to. We should also be able to get a NT or a Pass Rushing LB and a RT if need be.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I like Snead. With say 3 picks in the first 45-50 picks or so we should be able to get our QB of future if we need to. We should also be able to get a NT or a Pass Rushing LB and a RT if need be.

yes please.

pluuuusss big Nate Davis is still here with his underappreciated skill!

draft a NT and DE and pick up Dan LeFevour (sp?) in the 2nd/3rd round!
  • rob28
  • Veteran
We will be picking in the top ten again in 2010 so we will see what happens. bradford please!!!
Originally posted by rob28:
We will be picking in the top ten again in 2010 so we will see what happens. bradford please!!!

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by rob28:

Yeah, seriously...

• TX9R
  • Veteran

Yeah I never understood why a cannon arm is more important than accuracy. You throw deep 2-3 times a game, accurate short and intermediate routes are much more important. Montana didn't have a super arm, but his accuracy was unmatched. I'm not putting Colt there, but you don't hit 80% of your passes by just having good WRs who can catch anything.

I think maybe the Niners were thinking about this class when they made that trade, at least I would hope so.

As far as who will go where let's let the season play out. Bradford lost a lot of talent, what if he falls well short of last year? Snead will have another year of PT, in a pro-system, in the best conference in the NCAAs, I wouldn't sell him short but only being a 2 year starter won't help him draft position-wise. Tebow I'm sorry, i just don't see an NFL QB, but who knows he could have worked all offseason and improved his throwing ability.
  • Sooner10
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I want Sam Bradford but I have feeling he will go #1 overall.

If Tim Tebow improves as a passer, he would be my second choice. Really really interested in seeing his new QB coach improve his mechanics. Would like to see him take more snaps under center and go through his progressions.

What worries me about Bradford is i haven't seen any toughness out of the guy. I haven't seen him get hit in the mouth and get back up and really led his team to tough victory. It's like I'm just not sure how tough he is and if he's really built for the NFL. Time will tell but i dont' think the Niners will be picking that high to get him either.

good callhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l01VR6m5o08, maybe you should watch a few games and you wouldnt sound so dumb
  • dman
  • Veteran

Quote:
The 49ers reportedly had their eyes on a potentially rich 2010 quarterback class when they traded their 2009 second-round pick for the Panthers' first-rounder next year.

This might seem idiotic when you consider Carolina went 12-4 last year, lost little key personnel, and seems unlikely to provide a high 2010 pick. But the 49ers reportedly examined the Panthers' 2009 schedule and deemed it very difficult. San Fran could also trade up with two first-round picks. Sam Bradford (Oklahoma) and Jevan Snead. (Ole Miss)

Pro Sports Daily Forum

Just food for thought!

Ive been driving the Jevan Snead bandwagon for a while now... Actually I jumped on the day after the draft. Ideally, I'd love to get both Eric Berry with our 1st pick and Snead with our 2nd 1st rounder... The kid probably has the most arm strength of any draft eligible QB and demonstrated some significant success while operating from under center (at least more than most teams now a days) in the toughest division in college football.
Share 49ersWebzone